Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#91 jennster_04

jennster_04
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hey,

I am also from Calgary and am having my wedding at the gran bahia principe akumal. Has anyone had there wedding at this location?
    Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#92 jennypenny23

jennypenny23
    • 295 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

Hi jennster 04- Check out the beginning of this thread- you will find lots of helpful info as you read through! Another GBP bride, woohoo!!

#93 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

My son and his girlfriend just got back from GBP saturday, they had won the trip with a local radio station (I was so jealous). I got to view their pictures last night and its a beautiful resort. They took lots of pictures of the wedding gazebo. You will not be disappointed.

A few things they noticed. Wednesday late afternoon Margarritville comes to the resort to promote, my son said that he could hear a wedding going on, so he was pretty sure they could hear all the partying going on with the promoting of Margaraitville. So I am not sure what day you are planning on having your wedding but you might want to stay clear of Wed around 4. It could of been a fluke, but its something to consider.

Also he is 23 and they went to Margarrtiville, he does not suggest this to anyone. The first time he went to the bathroom he had natives trying to take his wallet, they were bothering his girlfriend all the time. He said of all the clubs he has ever gone to he was really scared, the next time he had to go to the bathroom he took one of the guys that also won the trip that was a bouncer back here in Toronto. He did mention that maybe during the day it would be better. I still plan on going when I am in Jamaica but not the 11p.m. -2 a.m. excursion.
        July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#94 jennypenny23

jennypenny23
        • 295 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the heads-up sunstarsmoon! Our wedding is on a tuesday so we're hoping that all goes well! We have a really good group so I'm sure it will be an awesome party! We are planning the gazebo reception just like kerrij!

#95 katelynn

katelynn
          • 414 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

Hey everyone!

I am booked to leave April 29th 2011 with our wedding being on May 3rd.

Just wondering if any of you know what decorations are included in the packages as I was thinking of bringing chair sashes and what about centre pieces?
            Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#96 jennypenny23

jennypenny23
            • 295 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

Katelynn, what package are you going with?? I think we are going to go with the Sunshine package which is the most basic one for $1100 ....

Have you e-mailed Beverly yet? She sent me the info about the packages & additional costs...
              Her email is: weddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com

She has been good about getting back to me fairly quickly...
              I think the ceremony decoration is pretty basic.. but judging from the photos posted by kerrij, the gazebo looks beautiful enough on its own!

Also, if im not mistaken, (I think kerrij said this somewhere in the thread) chair covers are free. I know that the resort uses Tai Flora and they have a website if you wanted to check out additional decorations you can get from them.

Where in Ontario are you? Yay! Another fellow GBP bride!!

#97 StephAli

StephAli
              • 120 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the headsup sunstarmoon!
                I am getting married on a wednesday...but at 1pm....so hopefully we wont be interrupted!! I think I will email Beverly to ask her about that.....

Attached Files

#98 StephAli

StephAli
                • 120 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:06 PM

Congrats on the booking Katelynn!!
                  I went with the Sunshine package too....that seems the most reasonable...
                  I dont think centre pieces are included...what are you thinking about doing for it? I hadn't really thought of that at all!! oh dear!!

#99 swong

swong
                  • 169 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:17 AM

Hi! Anyone has pictures from a poolside reception? I'm struggling whether or not i should have one done. My group is relatively small, only 20 people, what do you think?
                    Scarlett

#100 AshleyL

AshleyL
                    • 263 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

I just read through all of the posts and am so excited. Thanks for all the info ladies! I'm another Alberta bride (Red Deer) and we are just getting pricing from the TA but I'm pretty sure we will book at the GBP. Some of my family stayed there and had an awesome time and beautiful photos. I'm most nervous about a photographer - most of the things I've read said that the resort photog isn't great. Anyone from the Calgary area take their own photog? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for any tips.
                      Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users