Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

erindegagne - We are going to Sandals Ochos Rios for our honeymoon. Since Ochos Rios is the closest to Runaway Bay it made the transport pretty easy and our TA worked it out for us. Negril is on the other side of the island so I don't know how $$ transport would be... I'm sure it's doable though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the contact info for reservations and webcasting, I'm interested to see what you find out about the webcasting, hadn't thought of it but it would definitely be a neat option! 

 

We are going to Honeymoon in Negril as well.  Not sure how we are getting there as we haven't made any reservations yet but if I find out anything I'll let you know.  We are hoping to stay at Tensing Pen, it is a cute little cliff side resort, not AI which we wanted but near restaurants that you can walk to if you want, or there are some restaurants on site. It's beautiful and I can't wait to be there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tip on dinner reservations.  I emailed last night, and got a response first thing this morning, confirming the supper.  So we're having it the night before the wedding, I guess as a sort of rehearsal dinner, even though there will be no rehearsal!!!

 

I'm getting SO EXCITED!!!!!   14 days until Jamaica and 18 days until I'm married!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

akua - OMG! So exciting!! You'll have a great time! I can't wait to hear all of your stories ;)! I love how so many of us are getting married so soon! We've been together for the long haul, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for the info on reservations!  Just an FYI for any of you that want to book a res for the restaurants - I sent her an email this morning and she replied that they can't take reservations more than 3 weeks in advance, so she asked me to check back then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That makes sense, mine is just over 2 weeks ago for the wedding.  It was cool though beacuse they let you pick the restaurant.  I picked Don Pablo's, it seems to have the best reviews.  My mom said she came across a detailed review on the hotel describing every restaurant, every beach, all the rooms.  She said its 3 pages long.  As soon as she emails it to me I'll post it for you ladies.

 

We had to plan the excursion the day after the wedding, as guests start leaving on Thursday and I get married on the Tuesday, so I'm a bit worried about telling the driver a time to pick us up.  I don't want it to be too early, but I don't want it to be too late or I heard the falls gets insanely busy.  And I have NO idea how late we will stay up for the wedding.  She wmoan suggested 9 that I spoke to.   Any ideas ladies?

Originally Posted by lsmith211 View Post

Thanks so much for the info on reservations!  Just an FYI for any of you that want to book a res for the restaurants - I sent her an email this morning and she replied that they can't take reservations more than 3 weeks in advance, so she asked me to check back then



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay Akua - your time is so close!!! 

We stayed in Montego Bay for our friends' wedding last year, and we had a trip to Negril planned for the day after the wedding...  I think we left at 9, and some people were so hung over that that they decided not to go....  But for those of us that sucked it up, it was amazing!  The biggest issues for us with the fact that we had to be on a bus for 2 hours, amd we'd be in Negril/travelling for 10 hours or so.  But where you're only going to ocho it's nice and close...  I'd say 10am will give people enough time to get moving and get some breakfast, plus you'll have lots of time to do the falls and shopping.  As for the falls, I think they'll still be pretty busy at 9:30 when you get there if you were to leave at 9...  I think they're always busy!  Oh, and a word of advice - tell your guests that for anyone that wants to climb the falls, water shoes are mandatory, and if you don't have them, you have to rent them - it was gross wearing rental shoes!

 

Oh, and I can't wait for the post of the reviews your mom found!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Do you have to pay a p/p fee to have it at Don Pablos???

 

I think we are going to steal your idea with the bus and do it the day before the wedding...I requested a quote to leave about 9 and return around 3ish...so we'll see what they come back with...hopefully that will be enough time to do everything - thinking of the same itinerary that you are having - and get back intime to not be too rushed for a 6pm rehearsal...But that's the only day we would be able to do it if we did...as some people are coming Wednesday leaving Sunday and some are coming Thursday and leaving Monday (wedding's on Saturday).  I think I am going to send out a poll email and see if that is something they would even like to do!?
 

Originally Posted by akua420 View Post


That makes sense, mine is just over 2 weeks ago for the wedding.  It was cool though beacuse they let you pick the restaurant.  I picked Don Pablo's, it seems to have the best reviews.  My mom said she came across a detailed review on the hotel describing every restaurant, every beach, all the rooms.  She said its 3 pages long.  As soon as she emails it to me I'll post it for you ladies.

 

We had to plan the excursion the day after the wedding, as guests start leaving on Thursday and I get married on the Tuesday, so I'm a bit worried about telling the driver a time to pick us up.  I don't want it to be too early, but I don't want it to be too late or I heard the falls gets insanely busy.  And I have NO idea how late we will stay up for the wedding.  She wmoan suggested 9 that I spoke to.   Any ideas ladies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmith211 View Post

Thanks so much for the info on reservations!  Just an FYI for any of you that want to book a res for the restaurants - I sent her an email this morning and she replied that they can't take reservations more than 3 weeks in advance, so she asked me to check back then


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by lsmith211 View Post

Yay Akua - your time is so close!!! 

We stayed in Montego Bay for our friends' wedding last year, and we had a trip to Negril planned for the day after the wedding...  I think we left at 9, and some people were so hung over that that they decided not to go....  But for those of us that sucked it up, it was amazing!  The biggest issues for us with the fact that we had to be on a bus for 2 hours, amd we'd be in Negril/travelling for 10 hours or so.  But where you're only going to ocho it's nice and close...  I'd say 10am will give people enough time to get moving and get some breakfast, plus you'll have lots of time to do the falls and shopping.  As for the falls, I think they'll still be pretty busy at 9:30 when you get there if you were to leave at 9...  I think they're always busy!  Oh, and a word of advice - tell your guests that for anyone that wants to climb the falls, water shoes are mandatory, and if you don't have them, you have to rent them - it was gross wearing rental shoes!

 

Oh, and I can't wait for the post of the reviews your mom found!


Thanks for the advice!!!  I just added it to my welcome letter.  I would NOT enjoy wearing nasty rental shoes, I hate it enough at a bowling alley with socks, gross.  I'm going to have to see where I can get some. 

 



Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 View Post


Do you have to pay a p/p fee to have it at Don Pablos???

 

I think we are going to steal your idea with the bus and do it the day before the wedding...I requested a quote to leave about 9 and return around 3ish...so we'll see what they come back with...hopefully that will be enough time to do everything - thinking of the same itinerary that you are having - and get back intime to not be too rushed for a 6pm rehearsal...But that's the only day we would be able to do it if we did...as some people are coming Wednesday leaving Sunday and some are coming Thursday and leaving Monday (wedding's on Saturday).  I think I am going to send out a poll email and see if that is something they would even like to do!?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akua420 View Post


That makes sense, mine is just over 2 weeks ago for the wedding.  It was cool though beacuse they let you pick the restaurant.  I picked Don Pablo's, it seems to have the best reviews.  My mom said she came across a detailed review on the hotel describing every restaurant, every beach, all the rooms.  She said its 3 pages long.  As soon as she emails it to me I'll post it for you ladies.

 

We had to plan the excursion the day after the wedding, as guests start leaving on Thursday and I get married on the Tuesday, so I'm a bit worried about telling the driver a time to pick us up.  I don't want it to be too early, but I don't want it to be too late or I heard the falls gets insanely busy.  And I have NO idea how late we will stay up for the wedding.  She wmoan suggested 9 that I spoke to.   Any ideas ladies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmith211 View Post

Thanks so much for the info on reservations!  Just an FYI for any of you that want to book a res for the restaurants - I sent her an email this morning and she replied that they can't take reservations more than 3 weeks in advance, so she asked me to check back then


 

 


What tour group did you go through for the bus?  And no, it wasnt a PP, it was just regular reservations like you book when you stay there fro the a la cart meals.  Thats a good idea about sending out the email.   My sister doesn't get there until Monday morning, and its an overnight flight and she has my 2 1/2 nephew, so I didn't think Monday would be so good.  I really don't want to do it the dayafter but oh well, what can you do!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×