Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallenbride View Post

Ya, it wasn't the best experience, but they agreed to just wait and get my deposit closer to the date...not sure how that will help.

It was just a deposit on the package I think.  They didn't really say.  I was confused when I got the forms and asked what the deposit was for and she just it was just to hold the date and that it was $400.

So now I have not paid any deposit and they are still holding the date...go figure.

Hubby and I paid for everything on our CC when we arrived.  We just felt more comfortable with that once we finalized everything with the WP.  You can choose that option as well!!  Just communicate your concerns to the WP and they will accommodate you...shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:

Hi Jannelle,

I just want to caution you on the credit card info.  I sent my info in a while ago to put a deposit down like they told me I had to do.  I faxed it to them because they said I could (was only $400 I think).  Then my card was comprimized!  I had two flights booked on my card and one was going to Jamaica and the other was booked from Jamaica.  I contacted the resort to tell them what happened and they assured me it wasn't anyone at the resort...ya right!

Anyway, I had to change my CC number and I am not faxing them any more details.  I will be mailing my info when I send it and hope for the best.

That is horrible!!  I was told that I had to mail them my info approx 3 months before my wedding date!  And every time I ask them how much they need pre-approved for my down deposit they just tell me a percentage not an amount!  I was told that I could NOT fax them anything and that only having it couriered was accepted now.  Maybe this is the reason why??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

Hello I was just wondering if anyone has seen the actual chairs they use for the ceremony?  I was told there black banquet chairs, I was hoping for the plain wood ones.  In the video they had the wood chairs but not sure if they rented them from an outside company or if there the resort chairs??

Your options are the black banquet chairs with the white chair covers which are included with the wedding package.

OR

The wooden chairs, which are an additional fee. I never asked what the fee was.

Quote:

Ya, it wasn't the best experience, but they agreed to just wait and get my deposit closer to the date...not sure how that will help.

It was just a deposit on the package I think.  They didn't really say.  I was confused when I got the forms and asked what the deposit was for and she just it was just to hold the date and that it was $400.

So now I have not paid any deposit and they are still holding the date...go figure.

Weird. I'm getting married WAY before you and they haven't asked for a deposit.

Soontobeawalsh - I think you're right.  I believe that GBP are now being stricter about how they process things and receive paperwork.  I questioned why I couldn't fax in the documents, as it reads on the wedding packages, and why they had to be couriered.  Apparently the notarized documents go to the government of Jamaica to issue you your marriage certificate.  I don't know how they were doing it before where a fax copy was okay to obtain a marriage certificate, but I think they (as in the government) may have beefed up their standards...and GBP is trying to oblige.  It still doesn't help when it seems that most of their information is inconsistent - not only in what they tell each individual bride, but also in the documents they send out and their e-mail replies.  

Also, regarding the deposits...they want all the information 60-90 days before your wedding date...but, they still can't/won't tell you how much is going to charged to your card or exactly when.  I had asked Vinnette if she could tell me when exactly they would be taking a deposit from my credit card, and this was her reply: "I have already spoken to our Financial controller regarding same and he advised of the None refund policy which is 90 - 60 days 25 % deposit on the over all cost of the Wedding will not be refunded  hence we are not able to charge prior to that time"
I'm about 70 days from my wedding date...and still no deposit has been charged to my card. :thtwck:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobeawalsh View Post

Quote:

Hi Jannelle,

I just want to caution you on the credit card info.  I sent my info in a while ago to put a deposit down like they told me I had to do.  I faxed it to them because they said I could (was only $400 I think).  Then my card was comprimized!  I had two flights booked on my card and one was going to Jamaica and the other was booked from Jamaica.  I contacted the resort to tell them what happened and they assured me it wasn't anyone at the resort...ya right!

Anyway, I had to change my CC number and I am not faxing them any more details.  I will be mailing my info when I send it and hope for the best.

That is horrible!!  I was told that I had to mail them my info approx 3 months before my wedding date!  And every time I ask them how much they need pre-approved for my down deposit they just tell me a percentage not an amount!  I was told that I could NOT fax them anything and that only having it couriered was accepted now.  Maybe this is the reason why??

Quote:

This is weird!  I was told I didn't need to give a deposit until 3-4 months before my wedding date!

Lol omg I got the free package but have to pay approx 250 for extra guests cause only 20 are included in free package and i now have 35. then 250 for minister. i booked the gazebo with dj for 500. I also have the 500....i may do 800 package with photographer booked with resort. They said they didn't need a deposit just pay when I get there.