Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

Omg sounds perfect. That was my plan to have the ceremony, cake and first dance all down at gazebo. I will also be bringing my own saches. I didn't get to see your pics because the link won't open for me. I'm interested to see what the table set up was Like at the grill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HopeToBe View Post

 

 

Have you seen the hair/make up work from the spa at the resort? Rashel's work just seems sooo good! (I've been watching her on FB)...haven't seen the work from anyone at the resort, hence my fear, regardless of price...

 

JayKay on this forum told me she used the resort spa and so did SarahJ and I think they looked beautiful so I am not worried.  Rashel tried to scare me into using her by saying get your hair done by the resort but not make up.  Fair enough to her - her work is very good and if my budget was unlimited I would have booked her.  I am confident the spa will do a good job.  I am getting married in almost 2 weeks so I will let you know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrsdavies2013 - many congratulations....your pictures are great and you looked so beautiful...i'm glad you enjoyed your day.  I wish I could do it all over again...I loved it that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Wicket76 View Post

 

 

JayKay on this forum told me she used the resort spa and so did SarahJ and I think they looked beautiful so I am not worried.  Rashel tried to scare me into using her by saying get your hair done by the resort but not make up.  Fair enough to her - her work is very good and if my budget was unlimited I would have booked her.  I am confident the spa will do a good job.  I am getting married in almost 2 weeks so I will let you know!

 

I can honestly say I was so happy with how the resort spa did my hair and make-up....I had so many great comments from other guests when walking through the hotel so I really don't think you need to worry about anything.  You will look stunning as every bride should. Relax and enjoy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HopeToBe View Post

 

 

Have you seen the hair/make up work from the spa at the resort? Rashel's work just seems sooo good! (I've been watching her on FB)...haven't seen the work from anyone at the resort, hence my fear, regardless of price...

 

I had hair and makeup done at the spa and I was just fine with it. I had the trial the day before as well. I had every intention of having my hair down but it was so hot I opted at the last minute for it to be up. they use this terrific spray that they call cement so your hair will stay in place. I found the price was reasonable. the only thing I would do differently, and you only have to ask them, is not have quite so much eyeliner. I don't normally wear it and I found with the heat by the end of the day it started to get droopy. to do it over I wouldn't wear any at all. but just make sure and tell whoever does your hair and makeup. they were very cooperative and easy to get along with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mrsdavies2013 View Post

 

wow congrats to all the recent brides, your pics look fabulous!

 

Time for my review - we got married on April 22nd at 1pm & the whole day was perfect, no-one needs to stress!!

 

We used all the resort services, the spa girls were fabulous, I was pretty pleased with the resort photographer & the videographer - yes the video is a bit cheesey but that's how all wedding videos are in my opinion & it was well worth the cost for family at home to see

 

we too had problems with the electrics at gazebo so I was waiting in the cart for about 20-30 mins, we were going to continue without my music but they fixed it.  my dad/sister was getting a little stressed about this but as I had seen it happen in a wedding a few days earlier I was fine about it & just relaxed, Jamaican time mon!

 

the ceremony was perfect, we cut the cake & did our first dance at gazebo, then group photos & we'd opted for the beach session too.  after the ceremony we all spent the afternoon watching the football team we support on tv in one of our guests rooms with lots of champagne they had purchased in the airport!  it was the perfect day as all our guests are big football fans & we won the league that game so big celebrations all round

there was then time for people to change (I had a second dress) for our reception at the grill, which was perfect.  after the grill, lots of drinks all day long we headed over to the entertainment area & it became quite a long night of drinking & dancing (very different for our group who had been early birds most of the holiday!)

 

everything was lovely, we took our own sashes & flowers as I wanted chocolate brown & was unsure if they would have them.  as I had my own flowers, they included a centrepiece for the table in its place

 

i'll try to post a link to my wedding albums here so you can have a look

 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151964417698504.1073741825.621033503&type=1&l=e012809c43

 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151971762943504.1073741827.621033503&type=1&l=69aecc05b6

 

any questions feel free to ask if ive forgotten anything!

 

your photos are beautiful and your dress is gorgeous!! and the same minister that married us! I haven't seen anyone different yet so he must be the one that does all the  GBPJ weddings. he's wonderful and an absolutely lovely man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the recent brides, Congratulations, your reviews are sooo helpful, Thank you. And the photos are Beautiful! I leave in 12 days time, everything nearly done and I'm very excited. Can anyone tell me if they received the 'free' photos only from the resort photographer? I have provisionally booked the silver package(25 photos included + 10 free). TTD & video. I'm thinking of doing away with the silver package & just have 10 free, TTD & video. It's only me & H2B, and wondering if I really need sooo many photos,(50 in total) to be in an album, stored in a cupboard looked at once a year!!! We are also having an AHR and having a photographer, any advice please ladies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MrsCtobe View Post

 

To the recent brides, Congratulations, your reviews are sooo helpful, Thank you. And the photos are Beautiful!

I leave in 12 days time, everything nearly done and I'm very excited.

Can anyone tell me if they received the 'free' photos only from the resort photographer?

I have provisionally booked the silver package(25 photos included + 10 free). TTD & video.

I'm thinking of doing away with the silver package & just have 10 free, TTD & video.

It's only me & H2B, and wondering if I really need sooo many photos,(50 in total) to be in an album, stored in a cupboard looked at once a year!!! We are also having an AHR and having a photographer, any advice please ladies?

 

Congrats @MrsCtobe , bet you're counting down the days! Be sure to post some pictures and a review when you're bac =). Congratulations again and best of wishes!

 

-Jill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had hair and makeup done at the spa and I was just fine with it. I had the trial the day before as well. I had every intention of having my hair down but it was so hot I opted at the last minute for it to be up. they use this terrific spray that they call cement so your hair will stay in place. I found the price was reasonable. the only thing I would do differently, and you only have to ask them, is not have quite so much eyeliner. I don't normally wear it and I found with the heat by the end of the day it started to get droopy. to do it over I wouldn't wear any at all. but just make sure and tell whoever does your hair and makeup. they were very cooperative and easy to get along with.
Thanks. Does the resort spa use airbrush make up? And do they touch up during the day for you? What is an average price for resort spa hair/make up? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×