Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

Have managed to get in touch with WC Chandlyn and the only time they had available during our week is an 11:00 slot...I was really hoping for a 3 or 4pm slot but unfortunately that is not the case.  Were any of you married this early?? And if so, what did you and your guests do for all those hours between the ceremony and your reception??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum but I have just had my wedding at GBP confirmed for Friday 26th April 2013 and came across this forum when googling to see other peoples opinions on the hotel etc.  I'm so glad I did because most of the comments have put my mind at rest that everything will be ok! After reading some not too good reviews on Trip Advisor I had started to panic a bit. Everybody that has posted pictures on here, you all look amazing and so happy..  :o)   I just wondered (AngelaCollins) what do you suggest as a tip for the WC? I'm trying to calculate how much additional cash we're going to need to take and until I saw your post I hadn't even thought of having to tip the WC! doh...Also is it true that you have to pay additional to have a safe in your room at GBP? and if so does anyone know how much it costs for 2 weeks hire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi JayKay

 

Thanks for your reply, I think thats all I needed was to here that the resort is nice and they do try and make your day as special as possible....I hated the thought that it would be very much like a production line but your words have reassured me. Thank you. Hopefully once I have heard from the WC (I have been allocated Beverly) with all the costs of the extras etc I will be able to start relaxing and looking forward to it. I am a stress head at the best of times so perhaps getting married shouldn't be my thing! lol...thanks again for all your advice...it really does make a difference to us GBP brides to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I could help out!

Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post

Hi JayKay

 

Thanks for your reply, I think thats all I needed was to here that the resort is nice and they do try and make your day as special as possible....I hated the thought that it would be very much like a production line but your words have reassured me. Thank you. Hopefully once I have heard from the WC (I have been allocated Beverly) with all the costs of the extras etc I will be able to start relaxing and looking forward to it. I am a stress head at the best of times so perhaps getting married shouldn't be my thing! lol...thanks again for all your advice...it really does make a difference to us GBP brides to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard from Chandlyn today who informed me that Beverly no longer works at GBP and she will now be my WC.  Really pleased with the swift response from her answering many questions I had.  She has confirmed that I will be getting married at 2pm at the wedding Gazebo on 26 April 2013...its starting to feel real now! Its scary after waiting 7 years! lol...We've asked to hire a steel band for an hour after the ceremony, has anyone on here had the steel band at their wedding at the GBP? I just wondered what you're thoughts are on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi SarahJ,

 

I have been in contact back and forth with Chandlyn re: my January 2013 wedding but she has not gotten back to me about the deposit yet.  Did you have to give it right away and did you just send the form with your credit card information in by fax??  Also, has she made you decided on cake flavours, chair covers etc yet??  I dont quite understand what they mean when they say 25% because you we wont knot exactly what our cost is until we decide on all the fine details or is it just 25% of the cost of the package?  P.S.  I've yet to hear a bad thing on this forum about the steel drum band.  I think were going to go with them also.

 

Jenn

Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post

I've heard from Chandlyn today who informed me that Beverly no longer works at GBP and she will now be my WC.  Really pleased with the swift response from her answering many questions I had.  She has confirmed that I will be getting married at 2pm at the wedding Gazebo on 26 April 2013...its starting to feel real now! Its scary after waiting 7 years! lol...We've asked to hire a steel band for an hour after the ceremony, has anyone on here had the steel band at their wedding at the GBP? I just wondered what you're thoughts are on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We never paid a deposit as we had the free package, but from what I understand you pay 25% of the cost of the wedding package, but none of the extras, you pay for those down there.

Originally Posted by JennS View Post

Hi SarahJ,

 

I have been in contact back and forth with Chandlyn re: my January 2013 wedding but she has not gotten back to me about the deposit yet.  Did you have to give it right away and did you just send the form with your credit card information in by fax??  Also, has she made you decided on cake flavours, chair covers etc yet??  I dont quite understand what they mean when they say 25% because you we wont knot exactly what our cost is until we decide on all the fine details or is it just 25% of the cost of the package?  P.S.  I've yet to hear a bad thing on this forum about the steel drum band.  I think were going to go with them also.

 

Jenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

 

We never paid a deposit as we had the free package, but from what I understand you pay 25% of the cost of the wedding package, but none of the extras, you pay for those down there.

That's correct - they require a 25% deposit to secure wedding date and package booked if you book anything higher than the free package. All extras are paid for after arrival in Jamaica. Government fees are not included and are currently an additional $250. Vendor fees have been implemented for outside vendors coming in ie. photographer and the fee is $800. Small details such as chair ties, decoration colors, and reception venue can be requested in advance when deposit is given yet will not be confirmed until a few weeks in advance or upon arrival to resort. From what I have read on the forum the steel pan drums are fantastic yet do come at an additional charge.

 

7 days until we leave and 11 days till the wedding for us :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your help girls.  We have been contimplating bwtn the free package or this next one up which includes transport to the gazebo but are unsure if it is worth the extra $$.  Did you and your guests walk to the gazebo on your own with the free package??  Also, government fees??  I am glad you mentioned that sbelland...this is the first I've heard of them.  What is the fee for? 

 

JayKay...do you mind if I ask what you paid for Merrick Cousley?  Is he considered an outside vendor?  We have a photog tentatively booked from home but I am curious to compare costs.

 

Have a fantastic wedding sbelland....Congratulations!!

 

Originally Posted by sbelland View Post

That's correct - they require a 25% deposit to secure wedding date and package booked if you book anything higher than the free package. All extras are paid for after arrival in Jamaica. Government fees are not included and are currently an additional $250. Vendor fees have been implemented for outside vendors coming in ie. photographer and the fee is $800. Small details such as chair ties, decoration colors, and reception venue can be requested in advance when deposit is given yet will not be confirmed until a few weeks in advance or upon arrival to resort. From what I have read on the forum the steel pan drums are fantastic yet do come at an additional charge.

 

7 days until we leave and 11 days till the wedding for us :)

 

 

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

We never paid a deposit as we had the free package, but from what I understand you pay 25% of the cost of the wedding package, but none of the extras, you pay for those down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×