Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Thank you for this.  Managed to get some sense out of the Travel Agents and have confirmed the Wedding.  Donnalee is actually really helpful.  She's sent me loads of information already i.e. Cake, Bouquet etc.  Can I ask what photographer you chose to have?  Also what time of day did you get married? cheesy.gif

We had our wedding at 4pm.  I think it was the perfect time, although it would have been nice to have it a little bit earlier to allow a  bit more time for pictures.  We were kind of rushed because the sun was quickly setting.

We used Merrick Cousley as our photographer.  He was really easy to work with and professional.  Still anxiously awaiting my photos from him!

Originally Posted by JulesLurvey View Post

Thank you for this.  Managed to get some sense out of the Travel Agents and have confirmed the Wedding.  Donnalee is actually really helpful.  She's sent me loads of information already i.e. Cake, Bouquet etc.  Can I ask what photographer you chose to have?  Also what time of day did you get married? cheesy.gif

My fiance and I had a freak out this week too because our flight with Thomas Cook is not flying direct to Jamaica from Vancouver anymore.  We chose our package based on that.  Apparently there isn't enough business even though I know our flight was full.  Even our second choice, Air Transat, isn't flying direct anymore.  Fortunately West Jet will be taking our group of 21 people down via Toronto AND we will be arriving earlier than expected.  We now get to enjoy the after noon of March 12th instead of just arriving at 11h30pm.

Still new at this.  This was meant for you cdnbridelinzy

My fiance and I had a freak out this week too because our flight with Thomas Cook is not flying direct to Jamaica from Vancouver anymore.  We chose our package based on that.  Apparently there isn't enough business even though I know our flight was full.  Even our second choice, Air Transat, isn't flying direct anymore.  Fortunately West Jet will be taking our group of 21 people down via Toronto AND we will be arriving earlier than expected.  We now get to enjoy the after noon of March 12th instead of just arriving at 11h30pm.

Originally Posted by cdnbridelinzy View Post

I know! That's why we were so freaked out, I guess there just hasn't been as much travel from there as they hoped. She said it still is going to be leaving from Vancouver and Edmonton direct flight to Jamaica next year. Although it may be a possibility that they drop Edmonton too, but if that happens we will go VIA Vancouver. She said only Air Canada will be offering direct flights only on Mondays from Calgary. We are going through Air Transat. And the cost is much higher leaving Calgary as opposed to Edmonton($1990 out of Calgary and $1720 out of Edmonton). Because the date is so far away things may change but they have definitely dropped the direct flights leaving Calgary next year with Air Transat.

Every evening my group of people would go to one of the bars.  There is a lobby bar which usually has live entertainment.  There is also a bar at the one pool bar that they set up tables and chairs.  Every night in the shopping centre there is a show or movie.  These usually start at 9:45pm.  The Disco was alright, nothing spectacular.  It was pretty empty most of the nights we went there.  There also is a kareoke bar in the shopping centre and a sports bar that are open late.

Originally Posted by JulesLurvey View Post

Great thanks for that. Also wanted to ask what it's like in the evenings at the hotel, not just the wedding day, what is the Discoteque like? X

smile02.gifOff topic, but so happy to share that I am a first time Auntie.  My beautiful nephew arrived on Friday and he is the most precious baby ever!!!  He wasn't due until Monday the 6th, which will actually be my wedding day next year and the way the dates work out, he'll be celebrating his 1st birthday in Jamaica!!  (I had checked with his parents before we chose are date and they said not to plan around them because they'd be bringing him either way)  So cool, gonna have to plan a birthday party too!!

Back on to wedding news...I am planning on taking my MOH (sister), to look for dresses this week.  We have lots of time to get them but she's only home for 3wks and it's mainly to find a style that she likes and get her sized, we can worry about ordering them later.  I told my girls that I want them to have a dress that they are comfortable in, so they don't all have to agree on the same style, it just has to be the colour that I choose.  Any words of advice from brides that have already gone through this process?

Also, I been trying to decide on decorations for the Pisces restaurant and wondering what kind of lighting that they have down there already?  Donnalee sent me a couple pictures of it decorated with some paper lanterns, but she said that they were provided by another bride.  It looks like they are hanging from strands of Christmas lights, are these already under the umbrellas?  Any info would be helpful!!

Thanks

I did the same thing as you in terms of delegating a color for my girls and not a style (they could choose what they were comfortable in).  I found that because they chose dresses made from different fabrics and by different designers that the color shades were very different.  If you want the shade to be all the same it'd probably be easier if they all selected a dress by the same designer (still leaves option for different styles).  If they want short dresses check with the salesperson to see if long dresses can be shortened.  Since my BM's wanted short dresses and the selection of short dresses was limited, lots of different possibilities opened up by keeping in mind that long dresses could be shortened.  Also, I'm sure you already know but, anything with rouching/draping is very figure flattering on lots of body types and corset backs are always good because they can go up or down 2 sizes (on average) which allows some wiggle room for bloating/swelling from the heat.  

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe View Post

Back on to wedding news...I am planning on taking my MOH (sister), to look for dresses this week.  We have lots of time to get them but she's only home for 3wks and it's mainly to find a style that she likes and get her sized, we can worry about ordering them later.  I told my girls that I want them to have a dress that they are comfortable in, so they don't all have to agree on the same style, it just has to be the colour that I choose.  Any words of advice from brides that have already gone through this process?

Also, I been trying to decide on decorations for the Pisces restaurant and wondering what kind of lighting that they have down there already?  Donnalee sent me a couple pictures of it decorated with some paper lanterns, but she said that they were provided by another bride.  It looks like they are hanging from strands of Christmas lights, are these already under the umbrellas?  Any info would be helpful!!

Thanks

Thanks Ashley,

I figure they will all prefer to have a short dresses, but having a long one shortened is definitely a good idea and I hadn't thought of that.  My main colour is purple, so if the shades vary between fabrics I think it will work out okay and I'm not set on having and "exact" shade.  I've never seen a corset back BM dress, but that would be an excellent option and will have to keep my eyes peeled for one.  I agree that rouching is a great feature, I always seem to go for that style myself.  The reason I decided to have them choose what they are comfortable in is because my MOH (sister) is fairly tiny and doesn't have much in the bust region, my one BM (sister-in-law) is fairly slim but busty, and my other BM (FI sister) is not slim (but not obese) and very busty, and trying to find a dress that looks good on all might be a problem.

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

I did the same thing as you in terms of delegating a color for my girls and not a style (they could choose what they were comfortable in).  I found that because they chose dresses made from different fabrics and by different designers that the color shades were very different.  If you want the shade to be all the same it'd probably be easier if they all selected a dress by the same designer (still leaves option for different styles).  If they want short dresses check with the salesperson to see if long dresses can be shortened.  Since my BM's wanted short dresses and the selection of short dresses was limited, lots of different possibilities opened up by keeping in mind that long dresses could be shortened.  Also, I'm sure you already know but, anything with rouching/draping is very figure flattering on lots of body types and corset backs are always good because they can go up or down 2 sizes (on average) which allows some wiggle room for bloating/swelling from the heat.