Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,

 

Just got back from our wedding, it was January 25th! 

 

All i can say is that it was amazing! Everything was completely taken care of when we got there, i did not have to do anything. We could not have asked for a better week.

 

We had 78 guests with us and no one had any complaints!

 

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me, i will be happy to help!

 

 

Rachel

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I attended my cousins wedding in Mexico a few years ago, they had their ceremony early, 11 or 12.  I wasn't that we were board, but having to get ready early, then change to sit by the pool and then change again for the reception was kind of drag.  Expecially for the girls trying not to get hair or makeup messed up, but that was just my take on it and why we booked our for late afternoon.

 

Originally Posted by JulesLurvey View Post

Has anyone got married, or knows anyone who got married, at 11am?  I'm worried that everyone will be board throughout the day?  x



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

Where did you have your dinner and if you have any pictures of it I would really be glad to see them.  My daughter is have her reception in the gazebo hopefully it will be big enough have about 42 - 50 guests.  Not sure what to do about the bar, would like to have both cocktails and beer any comments on that.

Thank you

Maddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had the bar for our wedding but I didn't really find it worth the money.  Some past brides have just asked the bartender's to make up a couple jugs of rum punch and tipped their maids extra and left a note asking for extra beer to be left in their rooms the days leading up to the wedding.

 

Originally Posted by maddy View Post

Hello

 

Where did you have your dinner and if you have any pictures of it I would really be glad to see them.  My daughter is have her reception in the gazebo hopefully it will be big enough have about 42 - 50 guests.  Not sure what to do about the bar, would like to have both cocktails and beer any comments on that.

Thank you

Maddy



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this question has been asked before but I cannot seem to find the page it's on; about how long is the walk to the gazebo from the drop off point?  I have found the song I want to walk down to and it's about 4 min. long and I want to make sure it's long enough.  Thanks!!

 

http://weddingmusicproject.bandcamp.com/track/bless-the-broken-road?permalink

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just heard back from Chandlyn and she has said that only guests staying at the GBP can attend the wedding and that non resident guests are not allowed - have I misunderstood?? I thought I could pay for 'day passes'.  Can anyone help??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI! I am looking to get married at the Gran Bahia in December of this year and I got an email back from Chandlyn saying that if we wanted to bring our own photographer down with us the cost of the vendor fee would be $1000!! is this correct?? or is it a typo! I hope it is a mistake because we really want to get married here and this would make us not even think about getting married here. Please help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To answer some questions... 

 

The walk down the aisle looks long but its not really, i had a song about 4min and it was plenty of time!

 

Also, we brought a photographer and as long as they were a paying guest (which she was), there was no extra charge!

 

And i WOULD NOT recommend paying extra for the open bar service. They absolutely don't care if you bring in your own bottles and we later found out that our guests were ordering liquor drinks from the waiters and they made them no problem, no charge!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it definitely isn't 4 mins! lol  that's more than enough time! and they'll turn it off when you get to the steps of the gazebo anyway.

 

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe View Post

I know this question has been asked before but I cannot seem to find the page it's on; about how long is the walk to the gazebo from the drop off point?  I have found the song I want to walk down to and it's about 4 min. long and I want to make sure it's long enough.  Thanks!!

 

http://weddingmusicproject.bandcamp.com/track/bless-the-broken-road?permalink

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


no. that's a typo. if your photographer is a paying guest for the week there is no extra charge.
 

Originally Posted by andreah View Post

HI! I am looking to get married at the Gran Bahia in December of this year and I got an email back from Chandlyn saying that if we wanted to bring our own photographer down with us the cost of the vendor fee would be $1000!! is this correct?? or is it a typo! I hope it is a mistake because we really want to get married here and this would make us not even think about getting married here. Please help!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • My wedding is coming soon, and I would like to know where I can find best wedding cards at affordable prices. I only find one store known as Lavenderpaperie.com where the cards are lovely and unique, But I want to know the other option name so that I can choose best wedding card. Please, if you have any suggestion on where to go, let me know. Thanks & Regards,
      Cadlen Leroy
       
    • Hi Brides! I have a Wally Bag - 66" available - $90 + shipping (US only) The wally bag typically sells for $120-$180. I used this gown bag once to transport my dress from MN to Mexico for our wedding - IT WAS PERFECT!   I was actually able to pack 4 additional maxi dresses, and my husband's wedding attire, plus a few pairs of shoes and some jewelry. I packed the dress the night before we left, and just moments before we left, I zipped the bag and folded it - ready for travel. It comes up with a nice over-the-shoulder strap, making it really easy to carry through the airports. No issues on Delta with the bag as my carry-on - I chose to put in the overhead bin, but the flight attendant did offer to hang it in the closet for me. Once we got to the resort, about 10 hours after I first folded the bag, I unpacked the bag and my dress was perfect - no wrinkles! My dress was mostly lace and had a bit of a train, but it arrived perfectly!  Honestly, this is the best way to travel with your dress! 
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
  • Topics

×