Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

Your welcome...

I emailed the WC directly to book.  It took a bit for them to get back, which kinda freaked me out, but reading on here that is wasn't that uncommon eased my concerns.  They have been really good recently at getting back to me with answers to my questions.  They did tell me when I first inquired about booking a date, that they only book a year out and to check back, but once I had found out others had booked more then a year out, i just emailed them again requesting the exact date that I wanted booked and confirmed and they did.

We are planning on flying out of Detroit (it's closest for us and most of out guests), and direct both ways.  We can't find out our exact rates until sometime in March, but our TA estimated it would be $1200-$1400 pp for 7 nights.  We initially wanted to find somewhere a bit cheaper but you do get what you pay for and the GBP fit into everything that we were looking for.  I do think we get some sort of discount through Delta depending on the number of guests we have, but I need to go over that again with my TA.

I'm super excited too and I think my FI thinks I'm crazy, but I keep telling to just go with it and he'll thank me later.cheesy.gif
 

Originally Posted by cdnbridelinzy View Post

Thanks Kim, have you guys actually booked your date with the hotel, my TA says it may be too far away to actually book the date through the hotel, but I had told her that I have seen a couple of brides on this forum who look like they are already booked in 2013. Good to know about the rates in Jan-feb may be cheaper, we figured we would go more around march-april cuz it would be cheaper, but I guess we will have to see what the rates come back like. where are you guys flying out of. And what are the rates that you got, if you dont mind me asking. I am getting so excited, but i dont want to get too ahead of myself and find out the rates are too high. 
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited...I ordered my paper and envelopes for my STD and invites from Paper and More today, can't wait to start getting things printed.  Only doing the STD now, gonna wait a bit for the invites, but I figured I'd order it all now and just pay one shipping fee.  Also sent my deposit to Rashel Edwards for our hair and makeup, wanted to take advantage of her 2011 prices before they went up and she was offering 5% discount yesterday which is also a bonus.  Every penny saved keeps everyone happy...lol :)

 

Does anyone now if the flowers that come with the packages, come in different colours or is it what ya see is what ya get?  Some of them aren't bad looking but not really the colours I'm looking for.

 

Anywho, heading out to ring in the new year with some friends...hope everyone has a Happy New Year, cheers  cheers.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Belledame,

 

I was actually going to post a question on here regarding Roan and his emails. I received an email from him that said in order to confirm and hold the date a 25-40% deposit would need to be sent. I was going to send him the very minimal money transfer but it makes me a little nervous. Have you done anything to secure him for your wedding date?

 

 

 

No, I haven't secured him for my wedding date. He did not mention the amount of deposit needed. He just emailed the list of payment options. I asked for a contract or confirmation form, and he stated that we has a copy of a contract, and will send it when he gets in the office. That was suppose to be today, i didn't receive it as yet. I don't know any brides that used his services. I'm a little skeptical.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the resort flowers are done through Tai Flora and what you see is what you get. obviously you don't have to go with those. there is another florist that a number of brides here have used and depending on what you want the prices seem to be comparable with both. everyone seems to have been happy with what they ordered whichever one they used. easiest thing is to get a quote from both. I used Tai Flora for ours and was thrilled with what we got, but I ordered what I wanted and didn't use the resort picks. they will give you a $25 credit towards your order if you don't take the "included" choices. we ended up being only 2 of us so all I got was my bouquet and a bout, plus a centerpiece for our reception dinner table and I upgraded on all of them because we had no guests or bridal party and the cost was $200 US. if you backtrack my pics are posted here so you can see what the flowers looked like. the name of the other florist escapes me at the moment, but I know someone else will chime in with it....

 

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe View Post

So excited...I ordered my paper and envelopes for my STD and invites from Paper and More today, can't wait to start getting things printed.  Only doing the STD now, gonna wait a bit for the invites, but I figured I'd order it all now and just pay one shipping fee.  Also sent my deposit to Rashel Edwards for our hair and makeup, wanted to take advantage of her 2011 prices before they went up and she was offering 5% discount yesterday which is also a bonus.  Every penny saved keeps everyone happy...lol :)

 

Does anyone now if the flowers that come with the packages, come in different colours or is it what ya see is what ya get?  Some of them aren't bad looking but not really the colours I'm looking for.

 

Anywho, heading out to ring in the new year with some friends...hope everyone has a Happy New Year, cheers  cheers.gif

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have fun!! Can't wait to hear about your special day!!

 

Originally Posted by erindegagne View Post

We are leaving for Jamaica tonight!!!! very exciting, i will be sure to post some pics and and tips that would be helpful when i get back!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You must be so excited!! Hope your big day is all that you dreamed of and more....can't wait for your review!!!

 

Originally Posted by erindegagne View Post

We are leaving for Jamaica tonight!!!! very exciting, i will be sure to post some pics and and tips that would be helpful when i get back!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other florist is Jan's.  The website is http://jansflowersjamaica.com/ 

 

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

the resort flowers are done through Tai Flora and what you see is what you get. obviously you don't have to go with those. there is another florist that a number of brides here have used and depending on what you want the prices seem to be comparable with both. everyone seems to have been happy with what they ordered whichever one they used. easiest thing is to get a quote from both. I used Tai Flora for ours and was thrilled with what we got, but I ordered what I wanted and didn't use the resort picks. they will give you a $25 credit towards your order if you don't take the "included" choices. we ended up being only 2 of us so all I got was my bouquet and a bout, plus a centerpiece for our reception dinner table and I upgraded on all of them because we had no guests or bridal party and the cost was $200 US. if you backtrack my pics are posted here so you can see what the flowers looked like. the name of the other florist escapes me at the moment, but I know someone else will chime in with it....

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by belledame View Post

 

 

No, I haven't secured him for my wedding date. He did not mention the amount of deposit needed. He just emailed the list of payment options. I asked for a contract or confirmation form, and he stated that we has a copy of a contract, and will send it when he gets in the office. That was suppose to be today, i didn't receive it as yet. I don't know any brides that used his services. I'm a little skeptical.......

 

I have spoken with him and he has promised an invoice, etc once he receives the money. He will also send receipt that confirms he has received it and the balance remaining. We decided to go ahead and pay the MINIMAL deposit so I will let you know what happens tomorrow when he is going to pick it up.

*FINGERS CROSSED*

May or may not have been a good decision! undecided.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's awesome! have lots of fun and please tell us all about it as there are lots of 2012 brides still to come!

 

Originally Posted by erindegagne View Post

We are leaving for Jamaica tonight!!!! very exciting, i will be sure to post some pics and and tips that would be helpful when i get back!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×