Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

I'm at work and don't get home till after 4:00pm maybe that is why I can't get ahold of anyone. I can't call long distance from work especially Jamaica I guess I have to wait till saturday when I'm not working unless somene know the manager's email address. I called the 1-800 number andgot the run around so I called my travel agent and hopefully she can resolve this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I sent this will be my last email

 

I am still waiting for a response I cannot believe after being confirmed I would be told that my wedding date has been changed and no one responds to my Fiancé's voicemails or to my two emails. This is suppose to be the happiest day of my life and it's an absolute nightmare now. Something needs to be done to rectify this immediately. This is very unprofessional to treat a bride this way not only do I get delivered horrible news but then on top of that making me wait for over two days now for a response about the biggest day of my life. This is heart wrenching to say the least. My anxiety level is through the roof and no one has the courtesy to return our calls or emails. This issue needs a response immediately. I am trusting you to deal with a huge day in my life I hope you have enough common courtesy to get back to me today.

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it all works out for you!  I think what you wrote sounds good and hopefully they respond soon.  Just FYI- a few months ago when the fiasco with 2011 vs 2012 pricing came out, I emailed the resort directly from their website (thinking it would go above Chandlyn) and all they did was forward it to her.  I felt really bad... however your situation is a little different so maybe if they realize that you are attempting to contact someone above them maybe that will get them moving... who knows.  Good luck though, I really hope that you get your dates switched and that they respond soon!  I can only imagine how frustrated you must be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yes it's my husband lolololol!!!

Originally Posted by ChrisBC25 View Post

Congrats!! I was there that same week, my wedding was june 10 th ,not sure if your husband was the one with the game over tee shirt? lol wink.gif chandalyn also mentioned to us the size of your party.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Ladies.. I made it simple for me.

 

Im hiring a steel pan band for my procession and for the guests afterwards while we have pictures taken.

and Im buying my own rum and Champagne ( a toast is included in my package) for the Guests to enjoy while they wait for us (lol)

 

Im trying to make my wedding as Authentic as I can. My Fiances Family is from Jamaica ( we have to ask about the family bringing some "finger foods" as they will be coming from home on the island)

 

I really hate the fact that we are only allowed 1 bag. Fortunately I have my three kids travelling with me ( mommy can sneak some stuff in their bags) 

Im taking my dress as a Carry-on... and well.. I will have to Jam pack all the rest in my bags.

 

Isn't there a hotel manager you guys can contact??

Im so mad for all of you.. I'll look for an email.. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ACW, greatbritain and Fleetwood: I'm so sorry for what you ladies are going through! Such a sad time on this thread!  I hope everything works out for the best for all of you. 

 

I know that the wedding planners are very busy, and I recognize and appreciate that, but sometimes their timeliness and level of professionalism leaves something to be desired.  I too am worried about the communication between Chandlyn and Donnalee, as since the very beginning my wedding was handed over the Donnalee and I have never heard from Chandyln since.  Prior to printing my invites, I contacted Donnalee and CC'd Chandlyn to confirm my dates.  Here's hoping that was enough.  They still are saying that "we have noted your choice of restaurant and gazebo reception" but still are refusing to confirm.  Here's hoping it all works out in the end.

 

So good luck ladies! I sincerely hope everything works out in the end and continue to keep us posted on how things are going! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi, our wedding is on November 15 @ 2:00 pm! We will all have to meet!! Exciting as it gets closer.
 

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

yes I know!  lol I definitely plan to check out a few of them!!! and I'm absolutely going to check yours out lol what time are you again on Friday? you can come peek at ours if you want. we're thursday at 2:30 if we start on time!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Busy...I actually just received another confirmation from Donnalee for June 21, 2012. It is a day later than what I wanted and yes, unfortunately, for those who are only going to be staying 4 nights, most likely will be leaving the next day...that's the best I could do. Taking weeks in between to confirm dates wasn't working and the miscommunications lost me my original date and time. I just e-mailed back Donnalee and CC'ed Chandlyn and my TA (for extra witnesses) accepting the date and time and also confirming it once more. Hopefully there will be no further issues!
 

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

ACW, greatbritain and Fleetwood: I'm so sorry for what you ladies are going through! Such a sad time on this thread!  I hope everything works out for the best for all of you. 

 

I know that the wedding planners are very busy, and I recognize and appreciate that, but sometimes their timeliness and level of professionalism leaves something to be desired.  I too am worried about the communication between Chandlyn and Donnalee, as since the very beginning my wedding was handed over the Donnalee and I have never heard from Chandyln since.  Prior to printing my invites, I contacted Donnalee and CC'd Chandlyn to confirm my dates.  Here's hoping that was enough.  They still are saying that "we have noted your choice of restaurant and gazebo reception" but still are refusing to confirm.  Here's hoping it all works out in the end.

 

So good luck ladies! I sincerely hope everything works out in the end and continue to keep us posted on how things are going! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds like such a great idea (having the family bring finger foods and making it authentic!). I totally understand the 1 bag thing. I am hoping I can pack well enough to fit everything and not go crazy with the weight limits!
 

Originally Posted by Dutchie600 View Post

Well Ladies.. I made it simple for me.

 

Im hiring a steel pan band for my procession and for the guests afterwards while we have pictures taken.

and Im buying my own rum and Champagne ( a toast is included in my package) for the Guests to enjoy while they wait for us (lol)

 

Im trying to make my wedding as Authentic as I can. My Fiances Family is from Jamaica ( we have to ask about the family bringing some "finger foods" as they will be coming from home on the island)

 

I really hate the fact that we are only allowed 1 bag. Fortunately I have my three kids travelling with me ( mommy can sneak some stuff in their bags) 

Im taking my dress as a Carry-on... and well.. I will have to Jam pack all the rest in my bags.

 

Isn't there a hotel manager you guys can contact??

Im so mad for all of you.. I'll look for an email.. 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow great britain they actually responded to you, still nothing for me they clearly have got my emails then and are avoiding me hissyfit.gif.  I emailed the manager about my issue. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. I was really hoping to get an answer before the week-end looks like it's not going to happen.

 

Originally Posted by greatbritain View Post

Thanks Busy...I actually just received another confirmation from Donnalee for June 21, 2012. It is a day later than what I wanted and yes, unfortunately, for those who are only going to be staying 4 nights, most likely will be leaving the next day...that's the best I could do. Taking weeks in between to confirm dates wasn't working and the miscommunications lost me my original date and time. I just e-mailed back Donnalee and CC'ed Chandlyn and my TA (for extra witnesses) accepting the date and time and also confirming it once more. Hopefully there will be no further issues!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×