Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Here is the reading from our sand ceremomy

MIKE and KATE Before the two of you met, your lives were on separate roads ... each going in different directions and seemingly leading to different destinations. But somewhere along the way, through some twist of fate, you did meet, and you fell in love. Today, you find yourselves standing here together at the threshold of a new path, as you promise to forever join your once separate journeys into one. The two separate bottles of sand symbolize your separate lives, separate families and separate sets of friends. They represent all that you are and all that youâ€ll ever be as an individual. They also represent your lives before today. As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so your marriage will be.

We now ask that the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom step forward for the sand ceremony. We will begin by asking them to each pour a layer of sand. (mothers pour sand). The sand poured by your mothers is the foundation of your lives and marriage.

MIKE and KATE please pour your sand now, as your lives are now joined as one. This newly formed union and joining of families is represented by the intertwined pattern of sand created by you and your family

Originally Posted by welshmother View Post

Thank you, I shall look up the sand ceremony, it sounds really nice and something I have never heard of before!  Thank you x

We got the DJ but gave him our Ipod to play and it was no problem at all. He even announced our first dance :)

WE had it from approx 845-1045 and it was done around then as he has to leave to go to the Disco I believe, the lights down there are on a timer so went off but we kept dancing! lol

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

Thanks. You've really got us thinking about it now. It looks like it went really well.  Did you get the DJ, or just your own music? If you got the DJ, how was his music? Did you get to pick any of it?  We have it on hold, but I know we'll have to make a decision soon whether we're keeping it or not.  What time did you have from and to and did they actually say ok, you're done. time to close up.

I like the idea of the extra cake layer just cuz it looks so pretty and looks great in pictures but we'll be lucky to have 14 so 3 layers would be a heck of a lot of cake... but it really looks nice. I ordered fuschia flowers for ours and I have 2 little silver hearts to wrap the flowers through.

I got my hair done at the spa...it was only $66 and totally worth it, they are so nice down there and like Tris said they use this spray and your hair wont move!! haha

They made us leave after 2 hours as the DJ had to go to the Disco so I think it wrapped up around 11 and most people then went to the disco, it seemed like there was brides there every night

It wasnt windy at night at the gazebo at all, wind picks up everyday in the afternoon and dies around dinner...it was lovely at the ceremony as I was dripping sweat down my legs but every night its warm and you ca see all the stars...very romantic!

I wanted to have paper lanterns put up in the Gazebo and they said they couldnt do it as there was another ceremony after me and the gazebo is so big and high I dont really now how they would even hang them....maybe check with them now so you dont have to bring them all the way if its a no go

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

Katelynn,  your pics are stunning I am having a friend take mine and am a little worried. The photograher's seem to be so much money so I hope I get some good ones yours were great love the one oof you two walking down the beach so pretty. Your hair was really nice also did you get it done at the spa and how long did it take? I love the orchids in your bouquet is that what they look like tinted cuz I was also going to get a white bouquet and get some of the orchids tinted turquiose.

Acw- Great question I would like to know as well Katelynn did they make you leave after the two hours? Was it windy at night in the gazebo I am bringing luminaires to add some ambience and was hoping I woud be able to use them.

we got the DJ as he controlled everything and set up the speakers etc, he played our Ipod though

We didnt get the bar as it we had 45 people and I thought it was ridiculous so we just went to the patio bar and got trays of drinks....literally! and we also got some bottles of wone and champagne from them too..you could have also bought it from the stores but it was like $25 a bottle (deff wait to buy it in duty free for when you go home!)

Sunset is 630pm and we showed up at the dinner around 645pm as we wanted to get pics with the sunset and then to the gazebo at 845

Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post

katelynn, I am so happy that you rented the gazebo!  I have a few questions as well.  It looks like you had a great time down there and I'm so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed it. 

- did you use their DJ, if not, did you bring an ipod player and was there a place to plug it in?

- did you pay to have a bar set up?  I'm just now realizing how much it costs to get a bar for 40 ppl down there so I'm trying to figure out my options.  If you bring your own alcohol, does the resort supply anything to keep it cold?  And were there any cheap stores off-site that we would be able to purchase alcohol from or do you have to purchase it from the resort?  (any previous brides input for this would be lovely as well!)

And now a question for anyone... What time is sunset down there?  I just booked our dinner for 6, but I might move it to 6:30 so that we can watch the sunset. What time did you recent brides eat dinner?

Thanks ladies!!!!!!!!!!  I can't believe it's just a bit over 2 months, holy cow.  Ordered FI's wedding band last night (www.tungstenworld.com) and bought mine last week from Zales.  My e-ring and wedding bands are getting sized this week, I can't wait to get my e-ring it back, my finger feels so empty without it! 

We got our confirmation about 2 months before so deffinately email her, we ate in the Italian and it was AMAZING! very private and the food was amazing, we had 45 people with tables of 8 and a head table! Word of the wise...I gave her a seating plan on how I wanted it and she followed it but I saw another wedding in there and they set it up like they usually do with the head table at the front and then 2 tables running vertically from them, it looked very weird to me...i put everyone in a giant circle with our cake in the middle and it worked out great

We just put placecards that I made at everyones spots on the table and they found their way, we have a table set up at the enterance to our little room that had our picture mat singning thing so you could deffintely put it there, you could make little name cards and put them in sand with shells around or put it in a picture frame...the possibilities are endless really

We brought our own candles and I didnt see any they used....maybe because we didnt request it??? ask her i guess

Originally Posted by sskelly View Post

Hi lsmith, I thought I would ask you a couple questions because I keep getting missed on here!

- When did you finally receive confirmation of your restaurant? My wedding is exactly two months today and I was hoping to confirm the table/seating charts as soon as possible. We have close to 50 guests and have requested the Italian. Did you have dinner at this restaurant as well?

- I am also wondering what the candles look like that are supplied by the resort? Chandlyn said she was going to send a photo but I just wanted to make sure I buy ones that look the same so I can utalize what they already have there. Did you get them to dim the lights for the dinner? I am hoping to get a really romantic feel by having lots of votives on the guest tables and tall candles at the head table.

- Do you have any suggestions of ways to display table seating charts now that you have seen the facilities?

Hi Dutchie600:)

Just wondering how u did your room arrangements with your kids...My fiance and I will be bringing my 2 and his 2...So that means 6:) do you know if they have connecting rooms? Thx:)

Originally Posted by Dutchie600 View Post

Honestly I have had the same issue when it comes to Family and Friends with their Opinions.

Can you Imagine this.. My fiance's Family is FROM Jamaica, now living in Canada.. they are all giving us a hard time about getting married there. I want my children to see and experience what their culture is like AND PLUS, I have Never seen the Ocean. I would rather pay 7200.00 for all 5 of us (Fiance, Me and 3 kids) to spend a week in PARADISE and get married, than spend 25,000.00 + in one day.. Do the math!!

Seriously Im getting Tired of the back and forth with Family members ( some aren't even paying for the resort, they are staying in the houses and coming for the wedding day) and STILL raise a Stink. Either way as I quote my Fiance "Its not just for our wedding , its a good excuse to take a Vacation" 

On a lighter note. I booked my Photographer in, her name is Stacey Clarke, She's a local with AMAZING credentials. I figured, why not get a local who knows where to take the Perfect pictures.. than fly someone in from Canada and over pay? She requires a 50.00 fee for travel and the Hotel wants a 75.00 fee for a Day's Pass in the Resort. That with her fees is MUCH cheaper.

Heres her website if anyone is interested ( keep your speakers on.. I love the music) http://staceyclarkephotography.com/

I love this sand ceremony script! its beautiful. I like how the mothers are incorporated into it!

Originally Posted by katelynn View Post

Here is the reading from our sand ceremomy

MIKE and KATE Before the two of you met, your lives were on separate roads ... each going in different directions and seemingly leading to different destinations. But somewhere along the way, through some twist of fate, you did meet, and you fell in love. Today, you find yourselves standing here together at the threshold of a new path, as you promise to forever join your once separate journeys into one. The two separate bottles of sand symbolize your separate lives, separate families and separate sets of friends. They represent all that you are and all that youâ€ll ever be as an individual. They also represent your lives before today. As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so your marriage will be.

We now ask that the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom step forward for the sand ceremony. We will begin by asking them to each pour a layer of sand. (mothers pour sand). The sand poured by your mothers is the foundation of your lives and marriage.

MIKE and KATE please pour your sand now, as your lives are now joined as one. This newly formed union and joining of families is represented by the intertwined pattern of sand created by you and your family