Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

I asked Jan's for bridesmaids bouquet of daisies - I didn't think this would be complicated as it is such a simple flower but she sent me the photo and it had mums in it and carnations and a coloured rose? I'm afraid to use them now.  What is everyone doing for flowers?  Please share if you are bringing from home or if you are using a different vendor.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Jan's and they were great.  You just have to work with them, I think it took about 5 emails back and forth before they came up with all the flowers I was happy with.  Just tell them exactly what you want with pictures if possible.  And- tell them what you DON'T want.  They sent me similar things...carnations mums, but I def didn't want any of those in my bouquets lol.    Now we've got it all figured out... bouquets for both myself and my 2 BMs of different types of orchids and calla lilies.  Can't wait to see what they create!

 

also- thanks for posting your shower ideas, so pretty! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


glad to hear you say that - I was so diasppointed.  I will try again.  I can't believe I cannot find a photo of daisy boquet.  I thought it would be so simple.  I do love orchids too though - but my favourite colour is yellow so I'm going with yellow roses for my boquet. 

 

Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post

I used Jan's and they were great.  You just have to work with them, I think it took about 5 emails back and forth before they came up with all the flowers I was happy with.  Just tell them exactly what you want with pictures if possible.  And- tell them what you DON'T want.  They sent me similar things...carnations mums, but I def didn't want any of those in my bouquets lol.    Now we've got it all figured out... bouquets for both myself and my 2 BMs of different types of orchids and calla lilies.  Can't wait to see what they create!

 

also- thanks for posting your shower ideas, so pretty! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks lsmith! I appreciate it! 

 

I think I'm going to give myself the same 4hr buffer as well! I don't want the humidity to destroy my hair, but I also don't want to be worried about running late!
 

Good call on the notary! I may be able to get away without it, but I don't want to risk not getting an official wedding certificate!  I think its worth the cost!

 

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by lsmith211 View Post

Hi BusyBee,

 

I had a 12:00 appointment for my 4pm wedding.  It took an hour and half for hair and make-up, and there was 2 of them so they did me and my MOH at the same time.

 

I also had to give Chandlyn copies of our notarized birth certificates and passports at our first meeting (plus I sent her notarized copies 3 months in advance as well).

 

Hope that helps!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working with Tai Flora.  I initially thought they were going to be super overpriced, but they are much cheaper than I would have guessed!  In my bouquet alone I'm getting 24 roses, 5 hydrangeas and 10 stems of orchids, and my BMs are getting smaller versions of the same.  I'm getting all of the guys boutonnieres, and the mothers are getting corsages.  My total is just about $350.  I found it so reasonable that I'm actually ordering some floral arrangements for the gazebo as well. 

 

To warn you, they were a little bit slow to get back to me initially, but are now getting back to me within a few days.  So far so good!

Good luck!

Originally Posted by a084596 View Post

I asked Jan's for bridesmaids bouquet of daisies - I didn't think this would be complicated as it is such a simple flower but she sent me the photo and it had mums in it and carnations and a coloured rose? I'm afraid to use them now.  What is everyone doing for flowers?  Please share if you are bringing from home or if you are using a different vendor.

Thanks



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Ladies so I started filling out my forms for the wedding requirements and now I have a tons of questions that I am hoping someone who got married there or could possibly answer.

 

Has anyone tried the vanilla raspberry cake?

 

When they ask colour of cake decor and then in brackets say white, are you allowed to put your colour down for the decor and if so does it cost anything?

 

Does any one know how much the guest book is and why does it say bride to carry does anyone know what that means?

 

I also am filling out the part where they ask for chair covers and sashes I have the free wedding so I guess i get 16 chair covers' and have to pay for the other 8 guests chair covers? I would also have to pay for the 24 sashes which is fine.

 

So for filling out the credit card information what happens if I say I pay for the extra 8 or so people and some of them don't go do they refund my money on my card because I am paying in advance?

 

Is it true the minister takes only cash?

 

If anyone has ate at the dolce vita can you tell me what your selections were and if any of them were tasty? I am trying to pick my menu and am tossed up about beef or chicken? What are the portions like and can big eaters like my FI get seconds LOL ?

 

 

I really appreciate anyone that could answer any of these many questions but it's down to the wire and I want to send in my forms so that don't double book me or make any mistakes.

 

Thanks a bunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't answer everything, but I'll share what I know.....  I didn't have to fill out all that stuff when I booked, and all those details were confirmed when I met with Chandlyn...

- i had vanilla raspberry cake - it is vanilla cake with raspberries in the filling between layers - it was really good

- not sure about the color - I wasn't given the option, my cake was just white

- didn't get the guestbook, sorry

- i had the free package and brought my own sashes.  Chandlyn didn't charge me for the chair covers, and I had 52 guests

- when I booked, you only had to pay a deposit on the package, and not on the number of additional guests/extras that were added.  Because I had the free package I didn't have to pay a deposit

- we were told we could pay the whole thing on credit card including the minister fees, but since I brought cash for this just in case, I just paid for the minister with cash

- we ate at the dolce vita - had ceasar salad (delicious!), tomato basil soup (just ok), stuffed chicken (I thought it was good, but lots of guests thought it was great).  The portions seemed small, but there were so many courses that everyone ended up full.  They didn't give the option for seconds

 

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

Hi, Ladies so I started filling out my forms for the wedding requirements and now I have a tons of questions that I am hoping someone who got married there or could possibly answer.

 

Has anyone tried the vanilla raspberry cake?

 

When they ask colour of cake decor and then in brackets say white, are you allowed to put your colour down for the decor and if so does it cost anything?

 

Does any one know how much the guest book is and why does it say bride to carry does anyone know what that means?

 

I also am filling out the part where they ask for chair covers and sashes I have the free wedding so I guess i get 16 chair covers' and have to pay for the other 8 guests chair covers? I would also have to pay for the 24 sashes which is fine.

 

So for filling out the credit card information what happens if I say I pay for the extra 8 or so people and some of them don't go do they refund my money on my card because I am paying in advance?

 

Is it true the minister takes only cash?

 

If anyone has ate at the dolce vita can you tell me what your selections were and if any of them were tasty? I am trying to pick my menu and am tossed up about beef or chicken? What are the portions like and can big eaters like my FI get seconds LOL ?

 

 

I really appreciate anyone that could answer any of these many questions but it's down to the wire and I want to send in my forms so that don't double book me or make any mistakes.

 

Thanks a bunch



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you've got me worried. I'm using Tai Floral and she sent me the quote but I went by the numbers of the pics in the catalogues she sent me and said I wanted this and this in these colours and ribbon colour, etc.  I figured how bad can they screw up what they've already made?? Now I'm not so sure... 

 

Originally Posted by a084596 View Post

I asked Jan's for bridesmaids bouquet of daisies - I didn't think this would be complicated as it is such a simple flower but she sent me the photo and it had mums in it and carnations and a coloured rose? I'm afraid to use them now.  What is everyone doing for flowers?  Please share if you are bringing from home or if you are using a different vendor.

Thanks



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×