Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

Thanks! That is what I thought but I just wanted to confirm.
 

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post


You don't need a Canadian wedding license if you are getting legally married in Jamaica.  If you are getting legally married in Canada then yes you do.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


unfortunately I cannot see any of your photos.  could you please post for all of us to see your boquet, etc.  Also, what kind of vase did you bring? Im looking for plastic but can't find anywhere........grrrrr

Originally Posted by TMwedding2011 View Post

 

 

 

I brought rose petals and votives from home and used our bouquets as decoration, they did not have vases so bring your own from home

 

 

 



 

post-32214-138622238259_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, you go away for a few days, and all of a sudden there are 60+ posts waiting! This sure is a busy spot!  Weclome to the new brides and congrats to those who are away getting married this week!  I can't wait to hear all of the stories and see the pics! So fun!

 

I contacted the spa a few days ago regarding hair/makeup for the wedding, and they advised that although they open at 9am, their first appointment of the day is at 10am.  How much time did it take for your hair and makeup, or how much time are you leaving for that to be done?  Our ceremony is at 3pm, so I was planning to book around 11am, hoping that one of my BMs could go before me and one after me!  Having been to Jamaica my fair share of times, I know how things work on Island time and I'm just scared of running out of time to get ready and take a few pics with the girls.  That should be enough time right?

 

To support what was said earlier, I asked Donnalee about decorating the gazebo for us with lanterns and stuff that we're bringing from home.  She said it could all be done for us free of charge, but that we should feel free to reward the staff with tips!  So free..but tips expected! lol! 

 

About the notary of pasports and birth certificates - I've heard tons of brides say that you don't need to get it done, but I think I will just in case.  When I emailed copies in, I was told the unnotarized was fine for now, but reminded to bring notarized copies with me.  I'm looking forward to hearing about that from the few that are away right now, however!

 

Any word on the kettle drum repetoire of songs?  I've still been told they have nothing formal to show!

 

Happy planning! :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi BusyBee,

 

I had a 12:00 appointment for my 4pm wedding.  It took an hour and half for hair and make-up, and there was 2 of them so they did me and my MOH at the same time.

 

I also had to give Chandlyn copies of our notarized birth certificates and passports at our first meeting (plus I sent her notarized copies 3 months in advance as well).

 

Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering the exact same questions!!!

 

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

Wow, you go away for a few days, and all of a sudden there are 60+ posts waiting! This sure is a busy spot!  Weclome to the new brides and congrats to those who are away getting married this week!  I can't wait to hear all of the stories and see the pics! So fun!

 

I contacted the spa a few days ago regarding hair/makeup for the wedding, and they advised that although they open at 9am, their first appointment of the day is at 10am.  How much time did it take for your hair and makeup, or how much time are you leaving for that to be done?  Our ceremony is at 3pm, so I was planning to book around 11am, hoping that one of my BMs could go before me and one after me!  Having been to Jamaica my fair share of times, I know how things work on Island time and I'm just scared of running out of time to get ready and take a few pics with the girls.  That should be enough time right?

 

To support what was said earlier, I asked Donnalee about decorating the gazebo for us with lanterns and stuff that we're bringing from home.  She said it could all be done for us free of charge, but that we should feel free to reward the staff with tips!  So free..but tips expected! lol! 

 

About the notary of pasports and birth certificates - I've heard tons of brides say that you don't need to get it done, but I think I will just in case.  When I emailed copies in, I was told the unnotarized was fine for now, but reminded to bring notarized copies with me.  I'm looking forward to hearing about that from the few that are away right now, however!

 

Any word on the kettle drum repetoire of songs?  I've still been told they have nothing formal to show!

 

Happy planning! :)

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


hi there, i don't think you or i can see it because we are not avid users, i am not sure why but some members depending on their categorization can see them. I would be happy to email the pics to you, just private message me your email please :)
 

Originally Posted by a084596 View Post


unfortunately I cannot see any of your photos.  could you please post for all of us to see your boquet, etc.  Also, what kind of vase did you bring? Im looking for plastic but can't find anywhere........grrrrr



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will email anyone pics of the flowers if they want to see them, they are butter yellow roses and are pictured at http://www.thebridesbouquet.com/butterYellowHandtie36.aspx
 

Originally Posted by TMwedding2011 View Post

I just wanted to let you gals know I am selling my flowers for $100 CAN plus shipping to your area. I paid around $140 US for them plus $50 shipping from thebridesbouquet.com. I have no use for them now and I do not like to collect things.  One thing I forgot to write in my review is how much I did not like the flowers that I saw the brides and bridesmaids carrying, they were small and looked cheap to me. I think they were what the resort was providing. Tai Floral was not in my budget and I am not crafty at all so this was my solution to flowers.  Email me if you are interested !  tmmartell@hotmail.com

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

post-31587-13862223887_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You have to have 150 posts before you can download attachments.
 

Originally Posted by TMwedding2011 View Post


hi there, i don't think you or i can see it because we are not avid users, i am not sure why but some members depending on their categorization can see them. I would be happy to email the pics to you, just private message me your email please :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×