Jump to content
kerrij

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

We'll probably head down to the beach party that night so maybe I'll see you there and get to congratulate they new Mrs ;) ;) ;)

 

Our wedding is the 28th (thursday) @ 6:00PM. I really hope there aren't 3 weddings my day. :(
 

Originally Posted by ehpage View Post

3 weddings on your day?? Holy smokes!!!

What date are you again?

I'm the 26th April and my wedding is on a Tuesday as well, hopefully beach party day!! :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we're in the same boat! there are 2 others that I know of on our day in november - 4:30 and I think 11:30 am. they allow an hour and a half for each so there could still be one at 1 o'clock right before ours at 2:30.

 

katelynn - which restaurant did you book? we want the Grill and so far Chandlyn has said yes.

 

if the beach party is still on when we're there in november, we'll go and check it out. ours is a thursday so I don't know what else is going on in the resort then.

 

ashleyL - keep us posted on how you make out with cancelling the AHR.  we haven't decided if we're doing one or not. it will depend on how many make it to jamaica with us. it's just so much money to put out after everything else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's so strange that Chandlyn said "yes" to you choosing the grill restaurant and your wedding isn't until November. We're getting married in a month and we when we requested the Italian a month ago in our email she said "restaurants can only be confirmed a few weeks before your wedding".
 

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

we're in the same boat! there are 2 others that I know of on our day in november - 4:30 and I think 11:30 am. they allow an hour and a half for each so there could still be one at 1 o'clock right before ours at 2:30.

 

katelynn - which restaurant did you book? we want the Grill and so far Chandlyn has said yes.

 

if the beach party is still on when we're there in november, we'll go and check it out. ours is a thursday so I don't know what else is going on in the resort then.

 

ashleyL - keep us posted on how you make out with cancelling the AHR.  we haven't decided if we're doing one or not. it will depend on how many make it to jamaica with us. it's just so much money to put out after everything else



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is super weird.  My wedding isn't until January 2012 but Chandlyn has already confirmed the Grill Restaurant for me.  I guess it's one of those things where half of us are told one thing and the other half are told another...sooo frustrating!

 

Originally Posted by tris View Post

That's so strange that Chandlyn said "yes" to you choosing the grill restaurant and your wedding isn't until November. We're getting married in a month and we when we requested the Italian a month ago in our email she said "restaurants can only be confirmed a few weeks before your wedding".
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they've changed it recently?? Or maybe she's already promised it to someone else and she's just trying to let me down easy, haha. Either way, she's knows that's what I want, so we'll see what happens. I still find it so strange how so many of us are getting different answers to everything.
 

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

That is super weird.  My wedding isn't until January 2012 but Chandlyn has already confirmed the Grill Restaurant for me.  I guess it's one of those things where half of us are told one thing and the other half are told another...sooo frustrating!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wedding is in August, and she told me a week or so ago, that I could not choose my restaurant yet, that I had to wait until it was closer to my wedding date.... its so strange that we are all being told different things.

 

Originally Posted by tris View Post

Maybe they've changed it recently?? Or maybe she's already promised it to someone else and she's just trying to let me down easy, haha. Either way, she's knows that's what I want, so we'll see what happens. I still find it so strange how so many of us are getting different answers to everything.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tris, Try again with her.. I have already confirmed my choice (the Italian) She also advised I could mix and match items from menu 1, 2 & 3 as I said I did not like all items in each choice.

 

I have eaten at both restaurants, and my choice was the Italian. It's smaller and more intimate although a decent walk from the lobby. God help me and my feet that day, they will be killing me!!

 

Tris, My wedding is at 4:30pm, come watch my ceremony and come introduce yourself I look forward to it! We have 24 people confirmed to come right now and more and more are booking last minute as the prices have dropped.. tick me off!! Hahaha I'm the travel agent and I'm paying more than some of the people waiting till last minute!!

 

Talk soon

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg our prices have dropped too! We all payed $1700 after tax and now it's down to $1200. Just depressing!

I've emailed her again and made mention of "if she would like any gifts from Canada", so we will see if a little bribery works! Haha!! I just want to know which restaurant we'll be at so I can confirm my damn menu!

 

I'll be the creeper behind a tree crying at your wedding! I'm so pathetic... when my mom, myself and my sister were in Cancun a few years back there was a wedding going on and I'm sitting in my lounger bawling. Complete strangers and I'm sobbing hysterically. I can't wait to see how I am at my OWN wedding! Haha!

 

We have us + 15 right now (a LOT of people bailed on us).
 

Originally Posted by ehpage View Post

Tris, Try again with her.. I have already confirmed my choice (the Italian) She also advised I could mix and match items from menu 1, 2 & 3 as I said I did not like all items in each choice.

 

I have eaten at both restaurants, and my choice was the Italian. It's smaller and more intimate although a decent walk from the lobby. God help me and my feet that day, they will be killing me!!

 

Tris, My wedding is at 4:30pm, come watch my ceremony and come introduce yourself I look forward to it! We have 24 people confirmed to come right now and more and more are booking last minute as the prices have dropped.. tick me off!! Hahaha I'm the travel agent and I'm paying more than some of the people waiting till last minute!!

 

Talk soon

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ehpage - have you eaten any of the menu choices at each restaurant?  Any suggestions on what's good, and what to avoid?  It's hard trying to decide one option to satisfy everyone, but I guess if people don't like it they can always hit up the buffet afterwards!

 

Originally Posted by ehpage View Post

Tris, Try again with her.. I have already confirmed my choice (the Italian) She also advised I could mix and match items from menu 1, 2 & 3 as I said I did not like all items in each choice.

 

I have eaten at both restaurants, and my choice was the Italian. It's smaller and more intimate although a decent walk from the lobby. God help me and my feet that day, they will be killing me!!

 

Tris, My wedding is at 4:30pm, come watch my ceremony and come introduce yourself I look forward to it! We have 24 people confirmed to come right now and more and more are booking last minute as the prices have dropped.. tick me off!! Hahaha I'm the travel agent and I'm paying more than some of the people waiting till last minute!!

 

Talk soon

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
    • I think you should approach the dentist. That would be the best idea as of now. 
  • Topics

×