Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Hello Ladies!!!

I just came across this today! Wow! So helpful! Our wedding is November 5 2015!! So excited! Is anyone else having a hard time getting a response back from the wedding coordinator!!?!  

Hi Adrie,

I'm from Toronto and getting married the day before you! Do you guys fly in on the Sunday with Transat? I got an email from our Travel Agent and they're doing construction on the Piscis from Sept 15-Nov 15th. I have it booked for my dinner and reception and they've advised "it won't effect the weddings". Not sure if you booked it or not. I find the coordinator takes at least 2 days to respond.

If you want to share any notes or compare you can email me at jen.mammoliti@@gmail.com. 

Jen

• Like 1

Cool. How many guests did you have. We only have 11 at the moment but may have another 7 or 8 people book.

We ended up being just the two of us because original plans fell apart for various reasons. I think the coordinator at the tiem took pity on us because they ended up treating us like royalty! lol It was fun actually! From what I understand none of the coordinators are there any more. It's too bad because we had a fabulous one, but I hear she has gone to another resort. We had our dinner in the Grill restaurant. In 2011 the italian restaurant was everyone's favourite because the Pisces cost $1700 to rent. The italian one had a semi-private room off to the side that still allowed you to be a group but be out of the line of sight of other diners. Catch was you couldn't have a dance there but most brides just rented the gazebo in the evening for a few hours and had their dance there.

I highly recommend, if you can, go back to the beginning of this thread. There are a bunch of pics that will still show you how things look. If you go to my gallery I have a pic of the gazebo. It's really pretty and at the time it was the only resort with a gazebo right on the beach. That has probably changed now. I know this is a long thread but if you can find the time to go back and read some of the comments it would likely be worth your while!

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies,

im getting married at the gran bahia principe in May 2016! it is great to see everyones experience and tips. So far, ive had great experience and the hotel seems to be be responsive (typically answers within 2-3 days). We have decided to go for a beach ceremony and because the piscis was booked, we will be having our dinner at the beach (private setting) with a buffet. As most brides, I have lots of questions! and i hope i can be of help to you ladies as well :) 

For those of you who have gotten married there, what are your dos and donts? and have you taken their photographer and video? They offer TropicOne, from their fb page, they seem to have great pictures but havent really seen any videos, has any of you taken the video and were you pleased? also, i was told that at the palladium, the after party is only until 11pm, is it the same for GBP?

Thanks a bunch!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello ladies! Getting married at the Grand Bahia Principe in Jamaica August 10th 2016. So glad found this forum. 

I'm having trouble confirming prices with the Wedding Sales department. First the DJ was included in the price of making the reception private then it wasn't. The wedding packages on the forms they sent me were also different than what communicated over email (more in some places and less in others) . 

Ladies who have gotten married at GBP: any advice on how to get the correct price?

Also did you have to put a deposit down for the photographer in advance? 

Thank you!

Hello ladies! Getting married at the Grand Bahia Principe in Jamaica August 10th 2016. So glad found this forum. 

I'm having trouble confirming prices with the Wedding Sales department. First the DJ was included in the price of making the reception private then it wasn't. The wedding packages on the forms they sent me were also different than what communicated over email (more in some places and less in others) . 

Ladies who have gotten married at GBP: any advice on how to get the correct price?

Also did you have to put a deposit down for the photographer in advance? 

Thank you!

The prices keep changing.  So just make sure you keep note of the email they send you and quotes.  I confirmed everything right away.  Then a month before I was told the prices went up.   I told them the prices I was quoted and they gave me those prices.

I didn't have to put a deposit down for anything.  Ask for Nick and Ornella if you can - they were amazing.

Feel free to ask any questions.  I was just married there last month.

i am getting married in May and have started asking for quotes for decor, dj, etc. Do you guys find the prices are negotiable or it is what it is? they quoted me 1200$ for the arch which i find a little too much considering there are minimal flowers, but then again i have no idea how the pricing works! Also, when do you confirm everything you want for decor? a couple of months in advance, weeks or when you arrive? thank you ladies!

Hey ladies I just got married at the Grand Bahia Runaway Bay and it was amazing. Yes at the beginning it was hard communicating with the resort but keep in mind they have hundreds of brides and about 5 wedding coordinators working hard. I brought all my decor and centre pieces with me which worked out really well. I did the unforgettable package which came with a steel drum band at the wedding and a DJ at the reception which was so great everybody loved it. I paid extra for the upgraded flowers for bouquets which was worth the extra $200 for two bouquets. They decorated the gazebo which was included in my package. The two tiered wedding cake was delish coconut and vanilla. My wedding coordinator did everything for use. It was really eat and totally stress free. I will post some pics asap.

post-284555-0-43163800-1452743795_thumb.jpeg

post-284555-0-38579200-1452743933_thumb.jpeg

post-284555-0-97689500-1452743946_thumb.jpeg

post-284555-0-38180000-1452743958_thumb.jpeg

Edited by claczko
  • Like 2

@@claczko Wow it all looks beautiful!! And you were a gorgeous bride!! Where did you have your reception? Is that Pisces? I'm still in love with that gazebo. It was done in pink for us. I love your colours together too.

Congrats on being a Mrs!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk