Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Originally Posted by EmTy23 View Post

Noon isn't bad, atleast it's not 10am. What you going to do in between cereemony and reception?

Just an Idea....... ceremony will be 12:00-12:30 but by the time pics are done and everyone has congraulated you it's more like 1pm or 1:30.... let your guests relax and change and have a cocktail party by the pool or on the beach at like 4:30 or 5pm- it's for an hour- then make way to dinner?

Some have done wicked excursions, or booking lunches, some have even liked this for a second dress?

Sometimes it is nice to have a break. Plus your pics are going to be amazing in noon sun!

Ours is at 4pm, Chandlyn told me that each bride has the wedding gazebo for 1.5hrs for the ceremony. (if they need that time)

I'm booking the steel drums for the ceremony and then hoping we can get a spot reserved for us at the buffet for lunch.  We want to take everyone on a snorkelling tour for the afternoon, then dinner at 6:30.  I did book the gazebo afterwards but now am thinking that we can all just head to the lobby bar or whatever.  I'll decide when I'm there and if they'll supply us with rum punch or booze to bring to the gazebo as paying $20pp/hr for the bartender is ridiculously expensive.  I'm not hiring a photographer so we will save money that way.  This is a 2nd marriage for both of us so we want to keep it fairly simple but still appreciate everyone has spent a lot of money to come to Jamaica with us so we want everyone to have a great day.

Originally Posted by CdnBrideJoanne View Post

I'm booking the steel drums for the ceremony and then hoping we can get a spot reserved for us at the buffet for lunch.  We want to take everyone on a snorkelling tour for the afternoon, then dinner at 6:30.  I did book the gazebo afterwards but now am thinking that we can all just head to the lobby bar or whatever.  I'll decide when I'm there and if they'll supply us with rum punch or booze to bring to the gazebo as paying $20pp/hr for the bartender is ridiculously expensive.  I'm not hiring a photographer so we will save money that way.  This is a 2nd marriage for both of us so we want to keep it fairly simple but still appreciate everyone has spent a lot of money to come to Jamaica with us so we want everyone to have a great day.

Awesome, I heard the steel drum band really put on a great show. You have the whole day planned. ( I am so not there yet) your guests will really have alot of things to do at your wedding with a little bit for everyong. The nice thing is that you will get more time to spend with everyone. I too think it is criminal to charge $20 per person for booze at an all inclusive resort. GRRR! and they put the rental places like Piscis and Dolce and the gazebo so far from a bar that it would be hard having your guests run back and forth.

Hi ladies! quick question and I know it has been asked on here before but I cannot find it. We are using the free package which only includes 5 pictures but 3 of my family members, including myself have SLR cameras, professional digital cameras. Family isnt considered a vendor right like there not going to charge me the ridiculous fee for using our cameras when its my family right?. I think I read someone on here had there uncle take pictures for them and the resort was going to charge them the vendor fee....Thanks!

Originally Posted by dutchess View Post

Finally got confirmed by stefany for April 9 2014 at 2 pm. She gave me a form to fill out and send back. Progress finally!!!

YAY!! That is awsome!   I am also getting married on April 9 2014  at 4 pm. Small world. 

We filled out the forms, but have not been asked for any credit card info, or asked for a deposit of any kind.  Hopefully this is OK, I would hate to lose my date and time, since I hear that dates are filling up fast and we already have our travel plans arranged.

We are still not sure what to do about a photographer yet.  The $800 vendor fee if killing me, but I really want to have good pictures to remember my day.   I guess that is part of the 'charm' of having a destination wedding.  Just have to learn to go with the flow.

For any previous Brides that brought there own chair sashes.

How big were they?? In the package that is. Hopefully not too heavy I really don't want to bring lots of extra stuff with me, we are going to be in Jamaica for two weeks and would rather not fill up my luggage allowance with lots of wedding stuff.

Originally Posted by Candice37 View Post

Hi ladies! quick question and I know it has been asked on here before but I cannot find it. We are using the free package which only includes 5 pictures but 3 of my family members, including myself have SLR cameras, professional digital cameras. Family isnt considered a vendor right like there not going to charge me the ridiculous fee for using our cameras when its my family right?. I think I read someone on here had there uncle take pictures for them and the resort was going to charge them the vendor fee....Thanks!

Hi there,

To my understanding your family and friends are allowed to take pictures. However I got an email from the photographer for the resort which states that even if I dont hire him (because we are going with the unforgettable package and have free photos) that the photographer will still be taking 200-500 picture of you. I think they do this to assess if you do have a professional photographer with you or if it is just a friend taking pictures plus they want you to buy more picture @ $10 a picture!!!.

The next day you are to go to the photo lab and they make you watch this slide show of ALL their pictures. So I think if they get the vibe that you had a photographer then they want you to pay the fee.

Hi There, Just to clarify for you, it's $20/pp for two hours or $36/pp for three. I thought it was pp/hour but it's not. Not sure if that helps or not? That was clarified for me from Diandra at the resort.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this website and have been reading through the posts, we would love to get married at the GBP. 

We want to get married the end of Mar. beginging of April 2014. Just wondering what kind of prices you 

ladies are getting for April 2014. We will be flying out of Toronto. Any info would be great.

I filled out the credit card payment sheet and faxed it to the resort. I received an email from Chandlyn asking for a photocopy(back and front) of my credit card along with photo ID.  I'm very uncomfortable with this. I can understand giving the credit number and expiry date, but they also want the code at the back of the card. Does this sound a bit too much or am I over reacting?

Originally Posted by belledame View Post

I filled out the credit card payment sheet and faxed it to the resort. I received an email from Chandlyn asking for a photocopy(back and front) of my credit card along with photo ID.  I'm very uncomfortable with this. I can understand giving the credit number and expiry date, but they also want the code at the back of the card. Does this sound a bit too much or am I over reacting?

They did this with mine too, the TA had to fax it twice because they couldnt read it. I just keep watching my credit card to see what all comes off. Im getting married in 3 weeks and they still havent taken the judge fee off yet.