Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

we are flying out on 12th april, wedding on 22nd! its getting close!! quick question to anyone that has taken thier own foam flowers? im wondering how to transport them? did you just put them in a box in your suitcase or im not sure how to go about it at the moment...

Hi ladies

I have to say, joining this "blog" was the best thing I could have done for our wedding! 

I have taken so much info and great ideas from everyone and can't wait to use them for our own wedding :)

First I would like to ask if anyone knows how many weddings GBP has per day?  I have read there are 2 per day, but I find that hard to believe as my wedding is at 11:00am (yuk).  I'm sure its more than 2 weddings a day, if that was the only time I was allowed to choose.  

I'm getting married November 5th and I was only given two options for my ceremony date.  I booked it the second week of January 2013.

Can't believe how fast they fill up if I booked 10 months in advance and was only allowed Nov 5th or 6th for ceremony choice. (going November 1st to 8th)

I would also like to know if anyone has been married on the beach instead of the gazebo?

I only have two wishes - sand on my feet and a cake to cut.   Ive seen pictures of ceremonies on the beach but haven't read much from everyone as far as the experience. 

If my wedding ceremony is booked for 11:00am what time can I book our reception meal?   Ive read 6:00 pm is the earliest....I don't like the idea of having the ceremony at 11am and not getting together for our meal until at least 6:00pm  (that's a long wait)  I would hate to tell guests to have lunch on their own.... That would be the last thing I would want to do

Has anyone decided to get married in Canada before they leave?  I heard from my TA its much cheaper and less stressful to get all ppr work done before going...with that being said, can we still "sign papers"...we don't want anyone to know we got -legit hitched- before we get to Jamaica (sneaky I know)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and reply, much appreciated!!

I asked the wedding coordinator how many weddings per day, and she said 3. Mines at noon on Nov 13. I didn't realize how far in advance you need to book either! I know it sucks about waiting all day for the reception. She said the earliest time for dinner is 530. Once I know who is coming for sure, I'm going to look into some options for an excursion for everyone for the afternoon,  and I think ill get a second wedding dress, like a shorter one, to wear out for the afternoon, since I don't want to change into 'normal' clothes! I'm sure if you ask Chandlyn to send you pics of the beach location , she'd send you some!

In regards to getting married in Canada before hand, I mentioned this to the WC and if it was possible to "sign papers" and have the whole real ceremony, she told me that this would not be a problem :)

Hi ladies I have to say, joining this "blog" was the best thing I could have done for our wedding!  I have taken so much info and great ideas from everyone and can't wait to use them for our own wedding :) First I would like to ask if anyone knows how many weddings GBP has per day?  I have read there are 2 per day, but I find that hard to believe as my wedding is at 11:00am (yuk).  I'm sure its more than 2 weddings a day, if that was the only time I was allowed to choose.   I'm getting married November 5th and I was only given two options for my ceremony date.  I booked it the second week of January 2013. Can't believe how fast they fill up if I booked 10 months in advance and was only allowed Nov 5th or 6th for ceremony choice. (going November 1st to 8th) I would also like to know if anyone has been married on the beach instead of the gazebo? I only have two wishes - sand on my feet and a cake to cut.   Ive seen pictures of ceremonies on the beach but haven't read much from everyone as far as the experience.  If my wedding ceremony is booked for 11:00am what time can I book our reception meal?   Ive read 6:00 pm is the earliest....I don't like the idea of having the ceremony at 11am and not getting together for our meal until at least 6:00pm  (that's a long wait)  I would hate to tell guests to have lunch on their own.... That would be the last thing I would want to do Has anyone decided to get married in Canada before they leave?  I heard from my TA its much cheaper and less stressful to get all ppr work done before going...with that being said, can we still "sign papers"...we don't want anyone to know we got -legit hitched- before we get to Jamaica (sneaky I know) Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and reply, much appreciated!!

We had our reception meal at the Grill.  We had the mixed grill and it included small pieces of beef, chicken and pork and vegetables and potatoes.  There was no fish or seafood on the plate at all. 

We also had the chicken ceaser salad, beef soup and cheesecake and it was all amazing.  We actually went back the next night just so we could eat more of the soup!

Originally Posted by Stay cee1 View Post

For any past brides that used The Grill for your reception...can you tell me what the Mixed Grill was like?  I have guests that are a mix of meat and fish eaters, plus others that are vegetarians.  I'm just trying to envision what to expect as the menu file I received doesn't give the details on what the mixed grill contains.

Much appreciated as always...!!  On the 3 month count down and starting to feel the nerves kick in!!

Originally Posted by JennyO View Post

Hi ladies

I have to say, joining this "blog" was the best thing I could have done for our wedding! 

I have taken so much info and great ideas from everyone and can't wait to use them for our own wedding :)

First I would like to ask if anyone knows how many weddings GBP has per day?  I have read there are 2 per day, but I find that hard to believe as my wedding is at 11:00am (yuk).  I'm sure its more than 2 weddings a day, if that was the only time I was allowed to choose.  

I'm getting married November 5th and I was only given two options for my ceremony date.  I booked it the second week of January 2013.

Can't believe how fast they fill up if I booked 10 months in advance and was only allowed Nov 5th or 6th for ceremony choice. (going November 1st to 8th)

I would also like to know if anyone has been married on the beach instead of the gazebo?

I only have two wishes - sand on my feet and a cake to cut.   Ive seen pictures of ceremonies on the beach but haven't read much from everyone as far as the experience. 

If my wedding ceremony is booked for 11:00am what time can I book our reception meal?   Ive read 6:00 pm is the earliest....I don't like the idea of having the ceremony at 11am and not getting together for our meal until at least 6:00pm  (that's a long wait)  I would hate to tell guests to have lunch on their own.... That would be the last thing I would want to do

Has anyone decided to get married in Canada before they leave?  I heard from my TA its much cheaper and less stressful to get all ppr work done before going...with that being said, can we still "sign papers"...we don't want anyone to know we got -legit hitched- before we get to Jamaica (sneaky I know)

I know they do 3 weddings per day, mostly every day, except Sundays.  I don't know if they have started doing weddings on Sundays, but when I was planning my wedding they told me at that time no weddings Sundays.

I know there have been a few people married on the beach instead of in the gazebo.  Its a pretty big area to the right of the gazebo that they use.  The sand is pretty rocky, not sure you want to go on it without shoes on.

6pm is the earliest time for dinner as thats when the restaurants open.  I don't think you can have it sooner as they would have to hire chefs to come in earlier to prepare your meal.

We were legally married in Jamaica and honestly it wasn't alot of work.  We had to provide copies of our passports and birth certificates, thats all.  It cost $200 to have our legal ceremony in Jamaica.  So it is neither difficult nor expensive.

Originally Posted by JennyO View Post

Hi ladies

My trip there will overlap with yours :) 

Our wedding is October 29 and we are staying until november 9. we were given 5 times to choose from on the 29th but only one time on the 28th. since we wanted an afternoon wedding we went with 3pm on the 29th. 

as for the time between ceremony and reception. that is a tough one. it will be a bit of a wait. I have heard of people in other areas like dominican that have rented a reception boat or yacht for a boat cruise. maybe that would be an idea for a cocktail hour of sorts ;) 

Originally Posted by MrsCtobe View Post

Hi again,

From what I remember to upgrade to bouquet 90 was $88 and number 91 was $120 plus taxes.

I have chosen 164, looks lovely, but think it will come up small!!

How did you get the pricing for the upgraded flowers? I have emailed tai flora a number of times and messaged them on fb. but no response. I wanted to look into costs for upgrading decorations too

Thanks JayKay...I appreciate your response. It certainly makes things clear...I wish I knew this prior to choosing this restaurant though...as most of our guests are not big meat eaters...I guess that's what happens when you assume right?  LOL.  I'm not going to worry too much about it. I will email Chandlyn and let her know that we may need to make other arrangements....Perhaps even go with the Dolce instead. 

Oh the joy of planning continues.........!!!