Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

This is what it looked like with no extra decor.  I brought the blue chair ties with me and they transfered them from the ceremony to the supper.  I wasn't picky about color of the menu but I know they will do it in a different color then yellow if you request it.

jm_347_2012.jpg

I thought I would be nervous to as I also hate being the center of attention, but I knew it was our family and best friends there and we had a small group which made it easier to know they would all be staring at me.  I also felt so pretty that I wanted everyone to stare at me! haha!  And it truly was amazing all the random people that congradulated us during our day as we were walking around the resort taking pictures/going to supper ect.  It really does make you feel so special.

Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post

Oh wow, 1 year already JayKay...congratulations...time certainly does go too quickly!  I'm sure once I have all the final touches in place i'll be able to relax and start to get excited. But I know i'm going to be so nervous on the day....i'm not a very good public speaker so being the centre of attention is my worst nightmare! Perhaps we should have had a wedding just the 2 of us! lol...

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

This is what it looked like with no extra decor.  I brought the blue chair ties with me and they transfered them from the ceremony to the supper.  I wasn't picky about color of the menu but I know they will do it in a different color then yellow if you request it.

jm_347_2012.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Looks great!

The photographer on the resort stands WITH you and your husband at the top, right infront of the "crowd" he moves pretty quickly, but I dont like that...its about you and your husband, and my photgrapher took from afar, with a really good lense/camera...also when the ceremony was over, my photog re-positoned us as if we were putting rings on each other, and "first kiss" , that way my family/friends could see the whole ceremony.

As for the reception, I only brought little pink diamonds, flower petals, chair ties and rocks to sign as the "guest book". They set up everything for when we got there. Although, the rocks were supposed to be put on one set table as a signing table...they spread the rocks out on each dinner table, but my bridesmaids collected them, and put them in there proper place...no big deal.

Okay here we go.

We booked with Transat Holidays, and flew with CanJet. Everything was awesome, we got a few perks, like priority boarding, free drinks, champange etc. When we landed in Montego Bay, we got on a shuttle provided by Transat, and on our way there, they check you in to the hotel. So on the bus, you already get your room key/map/etc....TIP - they say water & electronics de-activate your room keys (it did happen) When we got to the hotel, we went straight to the rooms. We were in room 18524 (building 18, 5th floor, 24th room) The rest of our party were close by, down the hall or next floor down. Lucky us -- we were beside my father in law, and mother in law :| oh gawd.

The rooms are pretty good, a few problems, but nothing major. Heads up, the shower drains extremely slow...we found out the day before leaving, there is a “cup†inside the drain that is suppose to be there, so if your not to grossed out, before you shower you can pull it out so it drains fast, then when your done put it back in. I think it helps with keeping that sewer smell down. Our toilet never leaked, but it did run all night...not loud, just trickling water. Our room had an alarm clock, but no body else had one. We just used the wake up calls anyway, and clock on the TV. (btw, channel 78 is weather) The power went out a few times while we were there, only for a minute or two.

There was a note in our room when we arrived, to meet the wedding co-ordinators in the lobby the next day. They are very nice people, we sat with Chandlyn and the other one (cant remember name! Not Donalee) They will go through step by step instructions, ask how many ppl, music, menus, times etc. I gave her my bag or rocks, petals ,chair ties, picture of us, and ceremony music on a CD. She asked if I had my own photographer, I told her my “uncle†was doing it. I had all the confirmation emails with me, but didnâ€t need them.  I DID NOT pay the vendor fee for the photographer. After that, we relaxed for a few days before the wedding.

The night before the wedding, we had rehearsal with Donalee, she is also very nice. Everything went smooth, your only there for like 15 minutes, she walks you through everything.

I hired Rashel Edwards for make up and hair. She is AWESOME! I didnâ€t pay for a guest pass for her either because she was leaving the same day, right when she was done. She came to my room at 1030AM. There were 5 ladies getting hair and makeup done. We JUST made it on time.  My wedding was at 3pm. My colours were pink and orange. At 245 we met Donalee in the lobby, and she took me, bridesmaids, parents and MIL in the golf cart to the gazebo. I wrote my own wedding ceremony and the minister (??) was very good, he would goof up a little on words, but it was very natural and he was very well spoken. There was a microphone we used, and apparently everyone could hear us fine (VERY windy that day). After the ceremony they hand out champagne off to the side. We just had the “DJ†play out our CD, as we put some songs on there purposely for this.

We had enough time to take pictures after ceremony. Dinner was at 6 at the Dolce Vita. They were kinda slow getting food out.but it was delicious, and we found it pretty warm in there. Luckly, there was NO ONE else in the restaurant for some reason, so it was perfect to do speeches! The cake was very nice, and DELICIOUS. I asked for vanilla, but got vanilla with some sort of strawberry or something, but it was great, everyone loved it. They give you a cake knife etc. Then they will serve it to your guests, with regular dessert as well.

We rented the gazebo and DJ for 830-1030. This was the highlight of the trip. The DJ is awesome, and knew everything we wanted to hear. It was perfect. During this time, we brought sky lanterns down and set these off, it was great. (if u have these, tell ur guests to b patient while it fills with air...it takes a few minutes) some of ours crashed and burned. We had Donalee set up a table with ice, cups and a cooler. We also asked her to sneak some jugs of rum punch (we had 2 huge jugs) we also had our guests collect extra beer from there room fridge and bring it down that night, as well as pop and water...it was more then enough! The bar IS very far away from the gazebo.

It was a great night. Perfect! Relax and enjoy.

We did the Karanda Tours Party Cruise – this was another highlight of the trip. EVERYONE loved it. Cool Runnings is the same company, different vendor. Anyways, takes you to Dunns River, and snorkelling. You never have an empty glass, this was amazing. I recommend it for your group, you also get a group discount – we each paid 83 dollars US, and there were 34 of us. A few randoms came on the boat with us, but we were majority. Have your cameras ready, because they have photographers on the boat, they take good shots, but they make u pay an arm and a leg for one picture to b printed, so have someone get the shots.

My parents went on the Mystic mountain tour and said it was awesome too! We just stayed and relaxed most days.

The day after our wedding, we went off resort with our photog and hired Kevin Morrison to drive us around. It was his partner that ended up taking us, but he knew exactly where to go. Bring some money with you if you do this, we were taken to the Botanical Gardens ($10 pp), Fern Gulley (not much here..) and a little Dunns River Falls...its a place off to the side, perfect spot. Bring tip money for the people there, they treat you like royalty (very cute). We also stopped on the side of the road and got pictures at a broken down wheel house...very awesome. While driving around, the driver was telling us everything about the area, so its like your own mini tour.

Im not a big drinker, but I will let you know some amazing drinks. The Bahia , the Guacamaya (like juice!), Tropical Sunset...and there is a drink of the day, these are usually pretty good.

We had dinner at The Grill for our “welcome†dinner for 36 of us – it was really good, again, with that many people they have you make a set menu for everyone. We just went with mixed grill so it pleased everyone, the other options are all seafood.

We had rehearsal dinner at the Japanese Rest. And it was amazing. So much fun. It was perfect for that night, as the table only seats 12, if you want the “show†(which you do..) GET THE DEEP FRIED ICE CREAM!

The Don Pablo was our favourite. We went the night after our wedding, just the two of us. The Brie is great!!!! And my husband said the Prince & Princess is great, (surf and turf). I had spinach ravioli – soooo good!!!!

Try the donuts at breakfast, in the buffet (the big buffet is much better then the small), they go like hot cakes there!!!

Anything else, feel free to ask! I love being able to answer questions now! I canâ€t believe its over!

Huge Tip – My mom told me as I was approaching the gazebo, take everything in..everything. Take your time to look at everyone and everything around you while youâ€re walking, and while youâ€re up there. It goes by super fast, just soak it in!!!!!

So glad to hear you had an amazing wedding! It sure does go by so quick! 

I wish I had taken more time to soak everything in and walk slower down the aisle.  I was just in a hurry to get to my fiance that I walked so quickly to enjoy my last single moments of my life. 

FutureKeese- Thanks! Yes, I did. I gave them there OOT Bags in the parking lot before the airport (we all "convoyed") with a letter in there, as well as a duotang with home-made cross words/word searchs about us, wedding day info, tips, excursion info, resort info, pictures of each of the guests...etc.

I'm sure it'll be fine....:)  I can't wait...I'm so excited... We went to get the guys outfits organized last night... so I feel like we're slowly checking things off our list...lol I'm going with a deep coral... Not bringing too much with me...I'm keeping it as simple as possible... I am however am going to do a Welcome Bag... :) Do you find alot of your guest are booking?  Its driving me crazy cause the majority of our guest still have to book... They're acting like typical West Indians...they're going to wait until the last minute to book then when they have to pay more than we orginally quoted...they would be cursing...lol... Ah well the joys...
Omg....I had to start sending deadlines for booking to get the ball rolling. I have 36 booked so far.....and I still have 8 months...not bad. But yes you are right ..it will drive you nuts..lol. I was thinking of a welcome bag as well....but I would also like wedding favours...not sure yet. Maybe flip flops for all st the reception. Who knows...

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

I thought I would be nervous to as I also hate being the center of attention, but I knew it was our family and best friends there and we had a small group which made it easier to know they would all be staring at me.  I also felt so pretty that I wanted everyone to stare at me! haha!  And it truly was amazing all the random people that congradulated us during our day as we were walking around the resort taking pictures/going to supper ect.  It really does make you feel so special.

I keep having bad dreams about it....I turn up and I havent got my dress, my hair, make-up and nails arent done etc etc....so hearing your experience hopefully will help me to relax more subconsiously....I think thats a nice touch that strangers congratulate you....I  hope I feel as special as you did..smile159.gifI like the way the table was laid out for your reception.  We only have 12 guests joining us so I think they will probably put us all on the one table too.  Was yours in the Dolce Vita?