Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

I'm getting married at the Bahia on March 6, 2013.  Have a few questions....if anyone has answers i'd really appreciate it!

-We are trying to rent out the Piscis for a private dinner/dance.  Does anyone have experience with this & any advice?

-did anyone bring their own music to be played at the ceremony and dinner?  

-Does the DJ just play music or will he introduce the first dance, bridal party etc/...?

Thanks so much, any feedback would be appreciated!!!

Hi Pask454!  Would you mind sending me a copy of your information book as well?  I'm making a booklet for my oot bags as well and am struggling to find info to include in them.  I would really appreciate it!   my email is melelliott@hotmail.com  Thank you so much & hope your wedding is wonderful!

Originally Posted by pask454 View Post

I leave in less than ONE MONTH! Ive been going through my lists like crazy, and I may have asked some things before, or it may have been mentioned on here already, but any help would be appreciated!

1. How do I book rehearsal dinners/welcome dinners, through email? Welcome dinner at the Grill, and rehersal at the big buffet???

2. I am having my wedding dinner at Dolce, will be using my bouqets as center pieces. Do I need to bring vases for table, or any other decorations, like candles?

3. Any tips about this resort...Im making a booklet/guide for the guests, putting tips in, like, try the "Purple Rain" drink....and about tipping...where the best beach is....etc, is there anything else anyone has heard or had expeirence with?

Thanks!!!

And by the way -- ladies, be careful with these wedding co-ordinators. I had a huge blow out with them...I booked my wedding at 3pm since the beginning stages...Ive sent 2-3 emails confirming the time of the wedding, and always was told I have the time correct. Then, they sent my TA (who is my sister) the details, with wedding at 4pm...we sent emails saying "no its booked for 3" they sent emails bak stating they never confirmed 3pm with me, even though I kept all the emails with PROOF! we sent the proof off to them, and still they denied it, and came back with the excuse that 4pm was a better time anyways, and that another bride was booked for 2 pm so it would be to rushed to have mine at 3. They also said that they "checked" with Chandyln (who I had been emailing with) and said she never said any of that, even though I HAD THE EMAILS PROVING IT! I was about to give up alll hope and go with 4pm, when RANDOMLY I recieved an email from Chandyln saying that she was on vacation for  the week, and she was just sending out an email to let me know my wedding was at 3pm. Very confusing -- very dissapointing -- disorganized. Im just hoping my wedding didnt screw up this other brides wedding....and im hoping mine is indeed at 3pm , as my invites say 3pm.

I hope everything goes fine when Im down there -- all the other brides say there is nothing to worry about. fingers crossed.

Hi Girls, I can't belive it, but we are leaving in less than 2 weeks...yay!! Anyhow, this past week or two I have finally been feeling organized but have a few last questions that I'm hoping someone might be able to answer. We did not opt for a private reception, but instead are having dinner at the Grill and then have booked the Gazebo. Where did some of you do you speeches and first dances?? Pask454, I can't remember when you said you are flying in so we may not cross paths, but I am taking all kinds of stuff with me (chair ties, vases, lanterns etc that could be re-used)...let me know if you are interested in everything as this would save you also lugging it down.

Where did some of you order sparklers and sky lanterns from? And it is ok to bring them in a suitcase and store underneath the airplane? What did some of You put in your out of town bags? I am doing a key bottle opener since that will be my last name (Keese) custom mugs for drinks, koozies, a welcome letter/tips about the resort, etc. I am doing the semi private reception as well or the free dinner type package. Do I need many table decorations or do they provide tea light candles? Is it beautiful the way it is? Thanks ladies!

Hi again ladies.  I just wondered has anyone previously had to cancel a treatment at the spa? I made a reservation when we first booked the wedding for manicure, pedicure, bridal hair and make-up but I now want to cancel the manicure as have decided to get my nails done in the UK before I fly (my natural nails keep breaking and I dont want to risk them not being long enough for the actual day of the wedding so thought acrylics would be the best bet to ensure nice looking nails).  Funnily enough previously when I've emailed the spa they have ALWAYS replied same day, now I have sent an email asking to cancel the manicure but keep all other treatments booked I have had no response after 3 days.  Does anyone think they will make me pay for this treatment even though I no longer want it ?

Good luck and congratulations to all the brides that are leaving in the next few weeks for their wedding at the GBP Runaway Bay.

On a completely seperate note I have been reading some (not so good) reveiws regarding the resort lately and I wondered if any previous brides could put my mind at risk.  I have been warned about ladies and men being followed back to their rooms by certain individuals offering "companionship" in exchange for money!  This slightly scares me - especially for the female guests we have joining us. Despite this particular review I have also read many, many good reviews cool.gif

The Piscis has a beautiful view but is completely outdoors and as they book the other restaurants for the other weddings I would be hesitant in case the weather is poor. That being said it is a beach bar, thus there is a lot of sand and as it is right off of the beach there are a lot of sand flies that are in that area. We could barely stand to have lunch there as we were being devoured. Keep this in mind for anyone that may be allergic as some of our family members had horrible reactions to the bites. Luckily we had our reception at Dolce VIta.

We brought our own music for the ceremony and reception. The ceremony went fine as we had provided them a CD with all of the songs listed in order so they knew what to play when. We also brought an ipod with the playlist set up, but the wedding coordinators were not comfortable using it and preferred the CD. We were going to use the ipod for music during the reception with the portable speakers that we brought but when we gave them to the wedding coordinators with the rest of our decorations, they miraculously went missing. They coordinators were also not present at all during the reception thus would not help to try and find them. Luckily my brother had brought another pair, although not the greatest they did the job well. If the dances are important to you then I would recommend bringing your own pair and giving the responsibility to a friend or family member.

We did not opt for the DJ as we went to the Disco after the reception. This way everyone was able to change and relax. I have read that you do need your own emcee even if you do rent the DJ. We had our own and everything went smoothly.

Happy Planning!!!

Originally Posted by Mellie View Post

I'm getting married at the Bahia on March 6, 2013.  Have a few questions....if anyone has answers i'd really appreciate it!

-We are trying to rent out the Piscis for a private dinner/dance.  Does anyone have experience with this & any advice?

-did anyone bring their own music to be played at the ceremony and dinner?  

-Does the DJ just play music or will he introduce the first dance, bridal party etc/...?

Thanks so much, any feedback would be appreciated!!!

We did speeches and first dances during the reception following dinner although ours was in Dolce Vita and the room is more private than in the Grill. We did not however book the Gazebo due to the cost but have heard that it is a great place for first dances. I would recommend doing speeches in the Grill to ensure that everyone is there as we found that once we left some guests wanted to change etc so everyone arrived to the disco at different times.

Originally Posted by JennS View Post

Hi Girls,
I can't belive it, but we are leaving in less than 2 weeks...yay!! Anyhow, this past week or two I have finally been feeling organized but have a few last questions that I'm hoping someone might be able to answer. We did not opt for a private reception, but instead are having dinner at the Grill and then have booked the Gazebo. Where did some of you do you speeches and first dances??
Pask454, I can't remember when you said you are flying in so we may not cross paths, but I am taking all kinds of stuff with me (chair ties, vases, lanterns etc that could be re-used)...let me know if you are interested in everything as this would save you also lugging it down.

I would send them another email as they were always so prompt with replying to me. They did mention that they do lose emails at times so perhaps they did not receive your cancellation notice. I also got my nails done before hand and would definitely reccomend this as they are much slower than most salons at home. I was 30 mins late to my ceremony and there were only 6 of us. 3 only getting their hair done and the other three hair and make up, and we were there for four hours even with three stylists!

Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post

Hi again ladies.  I just wondered has anyone previously had to cancel a treatment at the spa? I made a reservation when we first booked the wedding for manicure, pedicure, bridal hair and make-up but I now want to cancel the manicure as have decided to get my nails done in the UK before I fly (my natural nails keep breaking and I dont want to risk them not being long enough for the actual day of the wedding so thought acrylics would be the best bet to ensure nice looking nails).  Funnily enough previously when I've emailed the spa they have ALWAYS replied same day, now I have sent an email asking to cancel the manicure but keep all other treatments booked I have had no response after 3 days.  Does anyone think they will make me pay for this treatment even though I no longer want it ?

Good luck and congratulations to all the brides that are leaving in the next few weeks for their wedding at the GBP Runaway Bay.

On a completely seperate note I have been reading some (not so good) reveiws regarding the resort lately and I wondered if any previous brides could put my mind at risk.  I have been warned about ladies and men being followed back to their rooms by certain individuals offering "companionship" in exchange for money!  This slightly scares me - especially for the female guests we have joining us. Despite this particular review I have also read many, many good reviews cool.gif