Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Hi All,

Have managed to get in touch with WC Chandlyn and the only time they had available during our week is an 11:00 slot...I was really hoping for a 3 or 4pm slot but unfortunately that is not the case.  Were any of you married this early?? And if so, what did you and your guests do for all those hours between the ceremony and your reception??

Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum but I have just had my wedding at GBP confirmed for Friday 26th April 2013 and came across this forum when googling to see other peoples opinions on the hotel etc.  I'm so glad I did because most of the comments have put my mind at rest that everything will be ok! After reading some not too good reviews on Trip Advisor I had started to panic a bit. Everybody that has posted pictures on here, you all look amazing and so happy..  :o)   I just wondered (AngelaCollins) what do you suggest as a tip for the WC? I'm trying to calculate how much additional cash we're going to need to take and until I saw your post I hadn't even thought of having to tip the WC! doh...Also is it true that you have to pay additional to have a safe in your room at GBP? and if so does anyone know how much it costs for 2 weeks hire?

Hi JayKay

Thanks for your reply, I think thats all I needed was to here that the resort is nice and they do try and make your day as special as possible....I hated the thought that it would be very much like a production line but your words have reassured me. Thank you. Hopefully once I have heard from the WC (I have been allocated Beverly) with all the costs of the extras etc I will be able to start relaxing and looking forward to it. I am a stress head at the best of times so perhaps getting married shouldn't be my thing! lol...thanks again for all your advice...it really does make a difference to us GBP brides to be.

Glad I could help out!

Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post

Hi JayKay

Thanks for your reply, I think thats all I needed was to here that the resort is nice and they do try and make your day as special as possible....I hated the thought that it would be very much like a production line but your words have reassured me. Thank you. Hopefully once I have heard from the WC (I have been allocated Beverly) with all the costs of the extras etc I will be able to start relaxing and looking forward to it. I am a stress head at the best of times so perhaps getting married shouldn't be my thing! lol...thanks again for all your advice...it really does make a difference to us GBP brides to be.

I've heard from Chandlyn today who informed me that Beverly no longer works at GBP and she will now be my WC.  Really pleased with the swift response from her answering many questions I had.  She has confirmed that I will be getting married at 2pm at the wedding Gazebo on 26 April 2013...its starting to feel real now! Its scary after waiting 7 years! lol...We've asked to hire a steel band for an hour after the ceremony, has anyone on here had the steel band at their wedding at the GBP? I just wondered what you're thoughts are on this.

Hi SarahJ,

I have been in contact back and forth with Chandlyn re: my January 2013 wedding but she has not gotten back to me about the deposit yet.  Did you have to give it right away and did you just send the form with your credit card information in by fax??  Also, has she made you decided on cake flavours, chair covers etc yet??  I dont quite understand what they mean when they say 25% because you we wont knot exactly what our cost is until we decide on all the fine details or is it just 25% of the cost of the package?  P.S.  I've yet to hear a bad thing on this forum about the steel drum band.  I think were going to go with them also.

Jenn

Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post

I've heard from Chandlyn today who informed me that Beverly no longer works at GBP and she will now be my WC.  Really pleased with the swift response from her answering many questions I had.  She has confirmed that I will be getting married at 2pm at the wedding Gazebo on 26 April 2013...its starting to feel real now! Its scary after waiting 7 years! lol...We've asked to hire a steel band for an hour after the ceremony, has anyone on here had the steel band at their wedding at the GBP? I just wondered what you're thoughts are on this.

We never paid a deposit as we had the free package, but from what I understand you pay 25% of the cost of the wedding package, but none of the extras, you pay for those down there.

Originally Posted by JennS View Post

Hi SarahJ,

I have been in contact back and forth with Chandlyn re: my January 2013 wedding but she has not gotten back to me about the deposit yet.  Did you have to give it right away and did you just send the form with your credit card information in by fax??  Also, has she made you decided on cake flavours, chair covers etc yet??  I dont quite understand what they mean when they say 25% because you we wont knot exactly what our cost is until we decide on all the fine details or is it just 25% of the cost of the package?  P.S.  I've yet to hear a bad thing on this forum about the steel drum band.  I think were going to go with them also.

Jenn

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

We never paid a deposit as we had the free package, but from what I understand you pay 25% of the cost of the wedding package, but none of the extras, you pay for those down there.

That's correct - they require a 25% deposit to secure wedding date and package booked if you book anything higher than the free package. All extras are paid for after arrival in Jamaica. Government fees are not included and are currently an additional $250. Vendor fees have been implemented for outside vendors coming in ie. photographer and the fee is $800. Small details such as chair ties, decoration colors, and reception venue can be requested in advance when deposit is given yet will not be confirmed until a few weeks in advance or upon arrival to resort. From what I have read on the forum the steel pan drums are fantastic yet do come at an additional charge.

7 days until we leave and 11 days till the wedding for us :)

Thank you for your help girls.  We have been contimplating bwtn the free package or this next one up which includes transport to the gazebo but are unsure if it is worth the extra $$.  Did you and your guests walk to the gazebo on your own with the free package??  Also, government fees??  I am glad you mentioned that sbelland...this is the first I've heard of them.  What is the fee for? 

JayKay...do you mind if I ask what you paid for Merrick Cousley?  Is he considered an outside vendor?  We have a photog tentatively booked from home but I am curious to compare costs.

Have a fantastic wedding sbelland....Congratulations!!

Originally Posted by sbelland View Post

That's correct - they require a 25% deposit to secure wedding date and package booked if you book anything higher than the free package. All extras are paid for after arrival in Jamaica. Government fees are not included and are currently an additional $250. Vendor fees have been implemented for outside vendors coming in ie. photographer and the fee is $800. Small details such as chair ties, decoration colors, and reception venue can be requested in advance when deposit is given yet will not be confirmed until a few weeks in advance or upon arrival to resort. From what I have read on the forum the steel pan drums are fantastic yet do come at an additional charge.

7 days until we leave and 11 days till the wedding for us :)

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post