Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

We definitely get to Jamaica earlier but we leave an evening earlier than originally planned.  The flight from TO to Montego Bay is three hours and Van to TO is 4.5 hours.  Depending on which airline you choose, there can be anywhere from 2-4 hours between flights.  It will take us about 11 hours to get there too and it's pretty much the red-eye.  There didn't seem to be any other choice.   I'm just happy to be going and can't wait to get married!   - Angela

Originally Posted by cdnbridelinzy View Post

Oh no! That would be stressful for sure. but it sounds like it all worked out and you will get there earlier. Do you get there earlier because the flight leaves so much earlier than it was originally supposed to? I had asked my TA if we had to go through TO how Long would the flight be, and she said 11 hours rather than 7 as a direct flight from Edmonton. How long does this change now make your flight going from Van Via TO to Jamaica?

Thanks ladies,

I checked out the link for Etsy, and her prices are really good, I am just a little leary on ordering outside of North America (it says shes in Singapore).  Did you have any troubles received your orders and how did you make payment, if you don't mind me asking?

I looked at the Victoria Secret ones too and they are a good price also, but yes the colors are limited :(

Heading out with my girls today to go look at some dresses and I get to put mine on again, so exciting :)

Originally Posted by exquisite02 View Post

I just wanted to add my two cents worth on the convertible dress option. I bought convertible dresses for my girls. I was going to order it from Henkaa because its a toronto company but I didn't want to pay that much. I used this company http://www.etsy.com/shop/kinderbliss?ref=seller_info because it was much cheaper for regular size and plus size. This seller makes custom sizes and has a large range of color and convertible style. One of my bridesmaid is a true plus size girl. she wears a 42 DD cup bra and street size 18/20. she is 5'9 tall though. She wears the convertible dress with the tube top. it is great because she can wear it many ways. there is at least 5 flattering ways that she can wear it. the tube top allows for a bra which is important. The seller makes the straps very wide and long so that it can cover well. I think my bridesmaid look great and they can use this dress over and over again.

Originally Posted by sbelland View Post

Victoria Secret also has some but they are very limited on colour options, but come at a great price. I own two and love them. My MOH is also very busty and she also recently had a baby so coverage was a concern of hers. She bought the Henkaa dress as well as the matching tube top and loves it, and I love that they can actually wear them again as well. Also as for the price Henkaa is much cheaper than the more popular Two Birds and the fabric is amazing! It has some good weight to it which is very flattering yet it is very cool in the sun. 

The majority of my wedding stuff is from online international purchases. I'm one of the girls who even bought my wedding dress from china as well.

I had no problems working with the etsy seller named kay. shipping was very fast and easy. I pay everything through paypal. All you have to do is make an etsy account, and contact the seller on etsy through the etsy email. she will create a custom listing for you. tell her your measurements and colour of convertible dress in notes to seller in the listing. click paying options like pay pal and it will direct you to your pay pal account and you pay through them. shipping to greater area of toronto was two weeks. I didn't get slapped with canadian duty. Kay's communication was great and I would purchase again from her. I love etsy and I have purchased a lot through it. Good luck finding dresses!

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe View Post

Thanks ladies,

I checked out the link for Etsy, and her prices are really good, I am just a little leary on ordering outside of North America (it says shes in Singapore).  Did you have any troubles received your orders and how did you make payment, if you don't mind me asking?

I looked at the Victoria Secret ones too and they are a good price also, but yes the colors are limited :(

Heading out with my girls today to go look at some dresses and I get to put mine on again, so exciting :)

You can always check with the florist to see if they can tint flowers turquoise blue.  I was initially going to do that through Tai Flora (they told me they could) but ended up changing my color to purple.

Originally Posted by JulesLurvey View Post

Thanks for the info.  I was wondering what flowers you chose for your Wedding.  I've enquired about Gerbera's but these aren't included in the FREE package.  I want flowers in Turquoise Blue and wondered what are the best flowers in this colour, if you have any idea? x

Just an FYI, when I questioned Tai Floral on changing the colors of the flowers in the free package, they stated that they can accommodate some change and are not opposed to trying to incorporate our color theme into our selection.  So you may want to just verify with the floral company that they can do exactly what you are looking for if it is something specific, so there is so surprises later.

Originally Posted by pask454 View Post

I asked the WC if the FREE flowers can be subsituted for other colours, and she said they can be.

We arrive March 12th in the afternoon and fly out on the 20th.  What time is your wedding at?  My fiance and I would love to take a peak.  We get married at 2pm on Friday.

The planning has been ok.  I'm not too picky about things and since we only had six months to plan/organize the wedding our budget hasn't allowed us to do too many extras.  We got travel mugs for our guests as a thank you and helped our wedding party with their outfits. For now, we need to organize the little things for our big day such as the MC duties and vows (if we say personal ones).

How about your planning?  So excited.... we will be there in 30 days.  I can't wait for a holiday and our wedding.

Originally Posted by GBP2012 View Post

ACDC,

We will see you down there! When do you fly in and out?

We fly out the day after your wedding so I may have to take a sneak peak!

How are you doing for planning? I am getting soooo excited!

Did anybody else get this message from the wedding planners today?

As per our head office, there will be an additional cost of  USD 250.00 to the wedding packages. This cost is for the Legal and Government Fees and applies to all guest getting married at the resort. 
We are looking forward to working with you and cannot wait to welcome you to our resort.