Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

My MOH wore this dress (style # BY11024) by designer Sophia Tolli.  She had it shortened to about knee length and it was beautiful.  It comes in about 30 different colors, is a very light weight material, and has a corset back.  Very flattering on all figures (from slim to busty to full figured) because of the halter neck and the rouching.  Something like this might work for everyone.  Just a suggestion though.  We had went to the bridal shop to hunt for bm dresses and my MOH tried this one on.  It was really over priced at the shop so we just took a picture of the tag with the style number and went home and found it online for half price!

BY11024.jpg

Originally Posted by Kim Deslippe View Post

Thanks Ashley,

I figure they will all prefer to have a short dresses, but having a long one shortened is definitely a good idea and I hadn't thought of that.  My main colour is purple, so if the shades vary between fabrics I think it will work out okay and I'm not set on having and "exact" shade.  I've never seen a corset back BM dress, but that would be an excellent option and will have to keep my eyes peeled for one.  I agree that rouching is a great feature, I always seem to go for that style myself.  The reason I decided to have them choose what they are comfortable in is because my MOH (sister) is fairly tiny and doesn't have much in the bust region, my one BM (sister-in-law) is fairly slim but busty, and my other BM (FI sister) is not slim (but not obese) and very busty, and trying to find a dress that looks good on all might be a problem.

Okay ladies .. just let me know what you think ... So for our dinner and reception we are planning on renting out the Piscis restaurant which is exactly what we want to do. I confirmed this with Donnalee a million times just to make sure that its in my file that that is what we want to do. As of right now including us there is 25 people coming .. and still a possibility of more before the wedding in June BUT i doubt enough people to meet there 45 ppl minimum to rent out the restaurant. We are doing the free package, so after 16 ppl its $20 per person. Now with the restaurant if were paying the $1700 to rent it out I don't see why it matters how many ppl we have there, but since they say it does I'm wondering how their even gonna know how many ppl are actually there anyway. We really want to rent it out, so if its a money issue then we dont mind paying the extra $20 per person so say we have 45 ppl.

But, I'm just nervous that when we get there and we dont have the 45 people and they dont care that we would still pay as if we did, that at that point I'm gonna have an even bigger issue as far as not having a place all set for dancing and things like that. What should I do?! Take the chance of going there to still see if we can do the Piscis restaurant, or just be honest with them now and set up a different plan for dinner and reception? Did I mention we still realllllllly want the Piscis restaurant tho? lol Ugh! I'm just ready to get to Jamaica, be married, and have all this planning over with! haha =)

That is a gorgeous dress Ashley, I'll have to look around to see who carries that designer in the area.  As for buying online, we did the same thing for my brothers wedding because it was like half the price of buying it through the shop, so if we can I'm gonna attempt that too!

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

My MOH wore this dress (style # BY11024) by designer Sophia Tolli.  She had it shortened to about knee length and it was beautiful.  It comes in about 30 different colors, is a very light weight material, and has a corset back.  Very flattering on all figures (from slim to busty to full figured) because of the halter neck and the rouching.  Something like this might work for everyone.  Just a suggestion though.  We had went to the bridal shop to hunt for bm dresses and my MOH tried this one on.  It was really over priced at the shop so we just took a picture of the tag with the style number and went home and found it online for half price!

BY11024.jpg

I just had an email out to ask the WC what to do in this situation because we also want to rent the Pisces and I didn't get much of a straight answer (I think they misunderstand questions a lot..lol!)  We figure on having 45+ guests but I asked about also booking the Dolce as a back for bad weather and/or if we don't meet the min. 45 and all I got was this has to be done in advance.  I am going to send another email rephrasing the questions and I will let you know what kind of answer I get.

I also don't see why the min. 45 matters if we're paying the $1700 anyway, especially at the Pisces because it's not used for dinners anyway (from what I understand).  As for paying the extra $20pp to meet the minimum, I don't think I would offer this up until you actually get down there and if they make an issue out of it because they won't know how many is in your party until you check-in.

Originally Posted by Jodiann View Post

Okay ladies .. just let me know what you think ... So for our dinner and reception we are planning on renting out the Piscis restaurant which is exactly what we want to do. I confirmed this with Donnalee a million times just to make sure that its in my file that that is what we want to do. As of right now including us there is 25 people coming .. and still a possibility of more before the wedding in June BUT i doubt enough people to meet there 45 ppl minimum to rent out the restaurant. We are doing the free package, so after 16 ppl its $20 per person. Now with the restaurant if were paying the $1700 to rent it out I don't see why it matters how many ppl we have there, but since they say it does I'm wondering how their even gonna know how many ppl are actually there anyway. We really want to rent it out, so if its a money issue then we dont mind paying the extra $20 per person so say we have 45 ppl.

But, I'm just nervous that when we get there and we dont have the 45 people and they dont care that we would still pay as if we did, that at that point I'm gonna have an even bigger issue as far as not having a place all set for dancing and things like that. What should I do?! Take the chance of going there to still see if we can do the Piscis restaurant, or just be honest with them now and set up a different plan for dinner and reception? Did I mention we still realllllllly want the Piscis restaurant tho? lol Ugh! I'm just ready to get to Jamaica, be married, and have all this planning over with! haha =)

Thanks Erin! Gotta question ... when you got there tho, and met with them .. how did they go about the details of hyw many people you had? I was worried about not having the minimum amount of people they said is needed for the Piscis, but I dont see how they are really going to know this anyway .. what are your thoughts about it?

Originally Posted by erindegagne View Post

Hi Ladies, I rented out the pisces for our wedding dinner and reception. They automatically closed the dolce vita for me in case it rained (which it did) at no extra cost - i didn't even know they were doing this. Hope that helps

Erin

Oh no! That would be stressful for sure. but it sounds like it all worked out and you will get there earlier. Do you get there earlier because the flight leaves so much earlier than it was originally supposed to? I had asked my TA if we had to go through TO how Long would the flight be, and she said 11 hours rather than 7 as a direct flight from Edmonton. How long does this change now make your flight going from Van Via TO to Jamaica?

I don't have any pictures but it's the outdoor snack bar.  It'd definitely be large enough to hold a few hundred people.  It's only an option if you're willing to pay the $1700usd close out fee whereas the Dolce Vita or Grill are a semi-private reception at no charge.

Originally Posted by cdnbridelinzy View Post

Do any of you girls have any pictures o the pisces? I didnt know that was an option, I thought it was either the dolce or the grill? How many people does it fit? and it sounds like it is outside or uncovered? Thanks!