Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

HI ladies,

I have a question about speeches. Is everyone planning to do speeches at dinner or is that something you are saving for receptions when you get back home (ours is in the summer)?

past brides what did you ladies do? We are in the Dolce so from what I understand from posts it should be private enough to allow for speeches. We just don't want them to be too long!

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!

We didn't plan on having any speeches but there were some short ones about a minute each that our families and bridal party did.  Nothing was planned though, but we were a small enough group and all at one table that it was easy to see and hear everyone and what they were saying during their speech.

Originally Posted by GBP2012 View Post

HI ladies,

I have a question about speeches. Is everyone planning to do speeches at dinner or is that something you are saving for receptions when you get back home (ours is in the summer)?

past brides what did you ladies do? We are in the Dolce so from what I understand from posts it should be private enough to allow for speeches. We just don't want them to be too long!

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!

Tables of 8 people are the standard at the Dolce.  So it would depend on what you want for a head table - if you want all of your bridal party seated with you as traditional, or if you want a sweetheart table for yourself and your hubby and seat the rest at the guest tables.  

Originally Posted by imajoseph View Post

Can anybody help me, we have about 30 or so guests and we have booked the Dolce Vita for our reception dinner, does anyone know how many tables that will set up for that amount of people?

many thanks

Hi Ladies!

We are getting married in March and I believe Chandlyn has everything she needs. We have let her know what wedding package we want and we have sent the information sheets and our notarized birth certificates and passports.

I was looking at the wedding packages today and I noticed at the bottom it says that a 25% deposit is required to confirm wedding.

We haven't been asked to provide any type of credit card in order to place a deposit.

Has anyone else put down a deposit? Recently married brides were you asked to provide a deposit before you left?????

Thanks!!!!

I was told that I didn't have to put a deposit because I chose the free package but I am not sure about the other packages.

Hi Ladies!

We are getting married in March and I believe Chandlyn has everything she needs. We have let her know what wedding package we want and we have sent the information sheets and our notarized birth certificates and passports.

I was looking at the wedding packages today and I noticed at the bottom it says that a 25% deposit is required to confirm wedding.

We haven't been asked to provide any type of credit card in order to place a deposit.

Has anyone else put down a deposit? Recently married brides were you asked to provide a deposit before you left?????

Thanks!!!!

We never gave them a deposit, probably because we used the free package.  If you are using the free package you just pay for everything extra once you get there.

Hi Ladies!

Thanks!!!!

Hi everyone!  It's taken me about two weeks to read all of the posts and there has been such great advice.  I know we have made the right choice with the Gran Bahia Jamaica.  I'm getting super excited for my wedding taking place on March 16, 2012 and my fiance has a countdown going on as well.  I saw two others who will be getting married during the same week as my trip and perhaps we will spot each other.

I have been dealing with Donnalee and I haven't had any issues with her and my emails have been answered within three days each time.  My fiance and I have only had 6 months to prepare this wedding and we have only had a few requests of her.  She has confirmed a few days ago that we will have the gazebo for after dinner dancing and that has made me ecstatic. We have 27 people and the cost of a bartender is too much for us since we have had such a short time to save up for this wedding.  I was curious if any of you knew how much bottles of rum cost from any of their boutiques? or if it is easier to tip a bartender for a few bottles?  

Those of you who have had the DJ, does he play his music off of a computer or a CD player?  We have some specific requests (Journey - Don't Stop Believing) and our First Dance song (Jason Mraz - I'm yours) and I want to know if it's easier to bring my iPod or burn a CD. 

I wanted to share one of our welcome gift ideas.  We have given all of our guests a custom made travel mug from 4imprint.ca.  They are an awesome company for all of the canadian brides who want items personalized. We got our logo and wedding colour (purple) put on it and they look fantastic.  

Angela

Sorry if this has been posted twice, itâ€s my first post.

Hi everyone!  It's taken me about two weeks to read all of the posts and there has been such great advice.  I know we have made the right choice with the Gran Bahia Jamaica.  I'm getting super excited for my wedding taking place on March 16, 2012 and my fiancé has a countdown going on as well.  I saw two others who will be getting married during the same week as my trip and perhaps we will spot each other.

I have been dealing with Donnalee and I haven't had any issues with her and my emails have been answered within three days each time.  My fiancé and I have only had 6 months to prepare this wedding and we have only had a few requests of her.  She has confirmed a few days ago that we will have the gazebo for after dinner dancing and that has made me ecstatic. We have 27 people and the cost of a bartender is too much for us since we have had such a short time to save up for this wedding.  I was curious if any of you knew how much bottles of rum cost from any of their boutiques? or if it is easier to tip a bartender for a few bottles?  

Those of you who have had the DJ, does he play his music off of a computer or a CD player?  We have some specific requests (Journey - Don't Stop Believing) and our First Dance song (Jason Mraz - I'm yours) and I want to know if it's easier to bring my iPod or burn a CD. 

I wanted to share one of our welcome gift ideas.  We have given all of our guests a custom-made travel mug from 4imprint.ca.  They are an awesome company for all of the Canadian brides who want items personalized. We got our logo and wedding color (purple) put on it and they look fantastic.  

Angela

To Tris: I LOVE your hairstyle from your wedding, itâ€s exactly what I want and now I know how to describe it.

Once again I'm having issues with photographers, so if any of you ladies can help me out here, it would be much appreciated.  Tried to book Merrick last year and he was booked.  Tried to book Stacey Clarke and she can't do it, unfortunately.  Anyone else have any other suggestions?  I'm looking for a TTD session as well, and have a VERY tight budget.  I'm looking for a couple of hours on my actual wedding day (our good friend will be shooting all the candids after the wedding) and really just want someone there to cover the ceremony and pictures directly afterwards.  And then of course the TTD the next day.  s

Soooo... with time running out, I'm getting VERY anxious and I'm starting to stress... so throw some ideas my way, pretty please!!!