Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

I am so excited I am leaving this saturday woot woot. I have a lot to do started packing this past week-end.

Thank-you for your answers about the beer something to consider when I'm down there.

I wanted to ask you girls did you do the free trial hair appointment and then did you hide it from your FI or have them take the do back out?

I have centre pieces and some stuff I want on the tables like glittery gems and mini umbrella's and orchids willthey set that up for me or do I have to get bridemaids to do it, they said the restaurant opens at 6:00 and my dinner is I think at 6:00 willthey let the girls in before that???

Alsi I have bought luminaires for the gazbo at night with battery operated tea lights will they set that up for me and leave chairs, I have read here before that there were no chairs at the gazebo has any one had experience with this.

Thanks ladies I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited now but a tid bit stressed can't wait to finally get down there and have fun and see my family and friends it's so gonna be worth it all LOL woot.gif

Last question how much did you give the coordinator for a tip and did you tip both?

I hope you have an amazing time!!  Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!!

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

I am so excited I am leaving this saturday woot woot. I have a lot to do started packing this past week-end.

Thank-you for your answers about the beer something to consider when I'm down there.

I wanted to ask you girls did you do the free trial hair appointment and then did you hide it from your FI or have them take the do back out?

I have centre pieces and some stuff I want on the tables like glittery gems and mini umbrella's and orchids willthey set that up for me or do I have to get bridemaids to do it, they said the restaurant opens at 6:00 and my dinner is I think at 6:00 willthey let the girls in before that???

Alsi I have bought luminaires for the gazbo at night with battery operated tea lights will they set that up for me and leave chairs, I have read here before that there were no chairs at the gazebo has any one had experience with this.

Thanks ladies I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited now but a tid bit stressed can't wait to finally get down there and have fun and see my family and friends it's so gonna be worth it all LOL woot.gif

Last question how much did you give the coordinator for a tip and did you tip both?

I have been MIA for a while but I wanted to say have so much fun and enjoy! :)

Have an amazing wedding FleetMac!  Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!

I really can't answer any of your questions from first hand experience, but I'm pretty sure the wedding planners will set up all of your reception decor.  I've already sent them my dinner table layout diagram with what goes where, and they said that the set up shouldn't be a problem.  

In terms of tipping, we're going to bring enough with us to be able to tip both, because we can't really predict who is going to be involved on our wedding day.  All of our correspondence has been with Donnalee, but Chandlyn may the the one there on our big day.  So we decided to bring $50-100/each to tip (will decide based on service) as well as a gift that we might give to Donnalee for all of the prewedding planning help.  

The copies of the certificate will work for certain situations (it helped us add each other to our health insurances with our employers) but it is not the official documentation with the seal that is needed by SSA.  The airport/customs didn't even know we were married so no questions were brought up there.  I think if you changed your name on your boarding pass and it didn't match your passport is when you will get hit with the questions.

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

We received 2 copies our our marriage certificate from the resort but were advised that it was not the proper documentation to change my name, which I'm not doing anyway. We were more concerned with just having something to show to customs at the airport on our way home if we were questioned, which we werent.  All the world loves a wedding and newlyweds, and all we were was congratulated lol

I didn't do the spa or free hair trial there...but I did do one in the US prior to leaving for Jamaica and the stylist chose to take the hair do down once we took enough pictures for it to be replicated.  You don't want your soon to be hubby seeing your hair do before the big day.

Chandlyn and Donnalee are supposed to setup the dinner tables, BUT my guests and bridesmaids end up having to help them because people were outside waiting and they were not ready.  I think our dinner started maybe 30 minutes late. 

We rented the gazebo for dancing and to do the bouquet and garter toss after dinner and NO there wasn't any chairs.  This may be something you can ask Chandlyn or Donnalee.  They were MIA after dinner so we never got the chance.

I didn't give either a financial tip, only a gift.

Busy, what does your layout consist of? Just the idea of rectangular tables that seat 8-10 people? Just curious if I should try mapping it out as well!

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

Have an amazing wedding FleetMac!  Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!

I really can't answer any of your questions from first hand experience, but I'm pretty sure the wedding planners will set up all of your reception decor.  I've already sent them my dinner table layout diagram with what goes where, and they said that the set up shouldn't be a problem.  

In terms of tipping, we're going to bring enough with us to be able to tip both, because we can't really predict who is going to be involved on our wedding day.  All of our correspondence has been with Donnalee, but Chandlyn may the the one there on our big day.  So we decided to bring $50-100/each to tip (will decide based on service) as well as a gift that we might give to Donnalee for all of the prewedding planning help.  

I just made a bunch of diagrams in Keynote so they could see how I wanted everything set up. They include:

1. Room lay out, including guest tables, sweetheart table for us, cake table, table for guestbook and table that we have set up for guests to collect sky lanterns, matches and sparklers on their way to the gazebo

2. A seating chart

3. What decor should be on each table in diagram format

4. What each place setting should look like with guest favours, place cards, menus, etc

5. How to put together our centrepieces 

I realize that all of this sounds super meticulous, but I just figured that it would make their lives easier to know how to set up the centrepieces, etc, rather than having to play around with all the different beads and lights, etc and figure it out.  Hopefully then it maximizes the chance of it turning out like we had planned too!

I also made one for the ceremony venue listing what I wanted on each chair (programs/fans/chair cover and tie), how many chairs I needed, where I want the flower arrangements and how I want the gazebo draped.  I used pictures that I found so its super straightforward....i think! 

I really don't think its necessary at all, but I remember another bride saying that she did it and was so happy with how things turned out.  She said the planners thanked her for being so organized and that it simplified things for them.  I figured it couldn't hurt!    

Originally Posted by greatbritain View Post

Busy, what does your layout consist of? Just the idea of rectangular tables that seat 8-10 people? Just curious if I should try mapping it out as well!

wow thanks everybdy for your answers

Also thanks again tekeya for your infomation about the set  up and the chairs. I am definately going to ask t have someleft out and I'll tell them that wil put them away if need be becaus enot all of my guests are going to want to stand the whole time. I am going to show my bridemaids how I want my tables set up and my luminaires for the gazebo later just in case.

Thanks ladies for all the help. I am hoping to get more time at the gazebo if possible one girl talked abut going in the back and turning the lights back on and I have my own music and I possibly could get the bartender to leave booze. I can't wait I am so tired ad busy but excited.

1 more day of work, 3 days till jamaica, and 6 days till I'm married Nov 22 can't wait  thewave.gif