Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

I LOOOOOOVE your pictures! You all looked amazing and it was truly a gorgeous slide show! Congrats again!

Originally Posted by Espejo2be View Post

Hey girl,
It sounds like you're all a little stressed and things aren't going the easiest with the wedding coordinators right now. I remember being there and I remember SOOO many things going wrong on the day that we had already planned out and thought would be perfect.... In the end we ate married, we can look back and laugh at some of the things we stressed about because overall, it wasn't just the day that we had to look back on, it was the whole week we had to make memories with family and friends.

We got a link to a sneak peek if our wedding photos last night, they were done by Merrick cousley ( who by the way is not only an amazing wedding photographer but he lifted my spirits when so many things went wring and on top of it all, our wedding was down poured on! I don't know what unwound have done without him!!) our trash the dress pictures are coming this weekend, I will be sure to post them.

Hope this makes you girls feel a little better, looking ahead to your big day, because no matter how many things went wrong... That what made our wedding special and unique to us!

Enjoy! :)

Wow! Congrats, your pics are awesome! I currently live in Fort McMurray and my wedding is on November 15th! If you don't mind me asking...where did you get the personalized hanger for your dress. That is a very neat idea!!

Hey girl,
It sounds like you're all a little stressed and things aren't going the easiest with the wedding coordinators right now. I remember being there and I remember SOOO many things going wrong on the day that we had already planned out and thought would be perfect.... In the end we ate married, we can look back and laugh at some of the things we stressed about because overall, it wasn't just the day that we had to look back on, it was the whole week we had to make memories with family and friends.

We got a link to a sneak peek if our wedding photos last night, they were done by Merrick cousley ( who by the way is not only an amazing wedding photographer but he lifted my spirits when so many things went wring and on top of it all, our wedding was down poured on! I don't know what unwound have done without him!!) our trash the dress pictures are coming this weekend, I will be sure to post them.

Hope this makes you girls feel a little better, looking ahead to your big day, because no matter how many things went wrong... That what made our wedding special and unique to us!

OMG!! LOVED looking at your pics...I have Merrick booked too and I am now even more excited for my wedding day!! Thank you so much for posting....I couldn't be more happier about my photographer choice:):):)

Hey girl,

Hi,

first question, canadian or american? I only know the canadian courts cuz I work for lawyers. when a divorce is granted you get one copy of a document with a red seal on it. that is the "be all and end all" of your papers and generally costs mucho buckos to replace if you lose it. you also get an order that is "certified to be a true copy of an original", which a lot of places will accept as proof of divorce. generally when you're getting a marriage licence they want the original red seal one. I don't know what they give in the US if that's where you are. we were instructed that Jamaica needs at minimum a certified copy of the original of the final decree, not the order as heard. so that's what we're taking with us and be prepared to leave it there for it to become part of the registrar's records of the country. they will also keep the certified copies of your ID, which also will become part of the registrar's records.

so far the only thing I've sent is our info form. I haven't yet sent any ID and Chandly just told me I don't need to send it in advance. my thought is that like I said, we're only 2. we have no wedding party, or guests or anything. it's just us so maybe doing our stuff is simpler??  don't know for sure. but yes, all we need is the birth certificate certified, passport certified, and divorce order in original. we haven't been asked for a credit card form yet, again probably because it's just the 2 of us. we definitely aren't over on any of the costs and they're saving  BUNDLE on our dinner reception!!

Originally Posted by funkybride View Post

Attn: acw271011

I'm also divorced - I have a divorce certificate from the court house that I THINK is sealed (will have to look at it again when I get home) - is that all you had to send in with your birth certificates, ID, credit card payment etc?

If you can let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

OMG!!!!!  I cried! This is just awesome!!  you have reinforced the faith that I have in Merrick and his photos. I'm 3 weeks and 5 days away and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Sarah, they're beautiful photos. you must be thrilled and now I'm excited to have Merrick do my photos as well.  thanks so much for sharing!!

Hey girl,

I'm with you on that. we have a tendency to forget that it's a different country and even though it's english, things aren't always interpreted properly by email.

sorry if this old lady sounds like she's preaching, but I'm old enough I'm know to be the mother of most of you. my oldest child is 30 and my youngest is 25!  so ladies - take responsibility for your planning. yes - use the resort. by all means. that's what they're there for, but it is a foreign country and being proactive will always get you further ahead. try and anticipate. and spend a few bucks on a phone card!!  I've found 3 time snow that a phone call helped tremendously!!  I've spend a grand total of $20 and it was well worth it!!  end of lesson for today  lol

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

Espejo2be - Thanks so much for sharing your pics!!! They are absolutely stunning!  Such a beautiful day!  And I think you're exactly right - at the end of the day you are married, you have these beautiful pics and a few good laughs!

I know that everything seems frustrating right now, but try to hang in there!  Remember that everything works on "Island Time", the expectations for timely response is very different from North American standards.  On top of that, the language they often use would not mean the same thing to us ie. "you have no file".  Not the best way to communicate that they are missing one form.

For the time being, I am focusing on trying to optimize the instructions that I will be giving to Chandlyn/Donnalee to minimize the chance of error and hopefully give us the best shot of getting what we want. I've made a document with clear instructions and pictures of what I want the gazebo to look like and how I want everything set up (and I included the importance of having the sand ceremony sand in the vases!).  I've also made documents for the dinner and diagrams of each place setting, room set up, etc.  Hopefully between the text and the pics, it will be crystal clear!  We've heard from other brides on here that with clear instructions, they really have gotten the vast majority of what they were expecting, so I think its worth the time! 

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but I'm trying to focus on what I can do on my end rather than on the wedding planners.  Happy Planning! :)

Your pictures are stunning! We too have booked Merrick as our photographer and I couldn't be happier with our decision.  8 months ago when we booked him I was a little skeptical as he was fairly new to the business and wasn't that busy, plus his prices were outstanding, so I was naturally a little worried about the quality, but after seeing your pictures I know we made the right decision and I can not wait to get married!!

Hey girl,

I couldn't agree with you more.  I have been spending most of my time lately writing out and drawing pictures so I can take and show exactly what I want and explain everything I want.  I already have come to terms that not everything is going to go as planned and Im okay with that.  I get a daily wedding tip in my email and the other day it said this " Don't worry about the little things that didn't go exactly as planned, likely, you are the only one to notice.  Enjoy your day and the memories you are making"  It really got me thinking that not everything can go perfectly and I feel like if I prepare myself now It will be okay!!

PS I'm going to spy on your wedding!!

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

Espejo2be - Thanks so much for sharing your pics!!! They are absolutely stunning!  Such a beautiful day!  And I think you're exactly right - at the end of the day you are married, you have these beautiful pics and a few good laughs!

I know that everything seems frustrating right now, but try to hang in there!  Remember that everything works on "Island Time", the expectations for timely response is very different from North American standards.  On top of that, the language they often use would not mean the same thing to us ie. "you have no file".  Not the best way to communicate that they are missing one form.

For the time being, I am focusing on trying to optimize the instructions that I will be giving to Chandlyn/Donnalee to minimize the chance of error and hopefully give us the best shot of getting what we want. I've made a document with clear instructions and pictures of what I want the gazebo to look like and how I want everything set up (and I included the importance of having the sand ceremony sand in the vases!).  I've also made documents for the dinner and diagrams of each place setting, room set up, etc.  Hopefully between the text and the pics, it will be crystal clear!  We've heard from other brides on here that with clear instructions, they really have gotten the vast majority of what they were expecting, so I think its worth the time! 

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but I'm trying to focus on what I can do on my end rather than on the wedding planners.  Happy Planning! :)

Jaykay: I agree 110%!  I've come to accept that the day will not run entirely without a flaw!  All we can do for the time being is focus on organizing and simplifying things on our end and hope for the best! The reality is, none of our guests know what the plan is; they're just going to see an amazing day in the sunshine with their close friends/family getting married!  To them I'm sure it will seem perfect anyways!  Unless is rains...that's the one thing that would totally ruin the day for me! lol!

Ps, you won't be 'spying' on my wedding!  You're welcome to come and check it out!  Would be great to see you down there! :) 

I couldn't agree with you more.  I have been spending most of my time lately writing out and drawing pictures so I can take and show exactly what I want and explain everything I want.  I already have come to terms that not everything is going to go as planned and Im okay with that.  I get a daily wedding tip in my email and the other day it said this " Don't worry about the little things that didn't go exactly as planned, likely, you are the only one to notice.  Enjoy your day and the memories you are making"  It really got me thinking that not everything can go perfectly and I feel like if I prepare myself now It will be okay!!

PS I'm going to spy on your wedding!!

acw271011,

Thanks. We're Canadian. I have our original copy of my old marriage license and the Divorce Certificate I have is just something I picked up from the court house and paid $20  for it. It's stamped (does that mean it has the red seal?) It's in a "certificate format", says  "Province of Manitoba" at the top and then "Certificate of Divorce" just below it...and then what they've done is filled in our names, the date of our marriage etc on the computer, printed it out and the lady signed it above the line that says "deputy of registrar" and then she's stamped/indented it over her signature. I'm not sure if this is what I need or if I need to get extra paperwork. Oh, it also has the date our marriage was "dissolved" etc too.

Does this sound like the correct thing to you or should I be checking into it a bit further? Probably wouldn't hurt to check into it further anyways...?

Thanks again,

Funkybride :)