Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

I got the same quotes that you got from them as well!

Originally Posted by monarch View Post

Tekeya you are more help than you could know!  The associates are quoting $1950 for the 5 hour photoshoot and they call it the silver package.  The gold package is 8 hours and $2400.  Have the prices gone up or do u think that you got the silver package?

Thanks so much for sharing. I wish you a perfect day for your wedding and like you said maybe it will be a stormy day that you will be able to tell everyone about;) We are waiting to here back about the hotel packages available and we have requested a wedding date in May and just waiting back to hear if anything is available. Did it take a long time to get your wedding date booked? Thanks.

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

we're air transat too on oct 15th. we were a bit worried about hurricanes in the beginning so booked november, but have now changed to october and I don't care. we're alone - just 2 of us but I was told that hurricanes that late in the season don't generally hit jamaica. the air currents have changed by then so they normally miss jamaica after september. don't know if its true or not but hey - it means we get married inside instead. it would be cool to say we got married during or immediately after a hurricane!

I'm going with the other girls. go with a resort package instead of the transat packages. much better and includes more. well worth it. we're obviously taking the free one so we get a special dinner, cake and flowers and we have a jamaican photographer - what more could you want?

humm, I got a quote directly from Paula not the associates.  I wouldn't think the prices went up that fast because I didn't get them until around March. It was definitely the gold. OH, but you know what...they were running a special at that time because Antoinette and Clayton were fairly new with Sungold...so that may be why.  So now it's the regular rates that the associates charge.  I had the 8 hours and the TTD session

A good friend of mine has decided to be my photographer.. Shes a super talented and driven woman with alot to offer. If anyone on this board  will be having a wedding the same week as mine, Im willing to share. Her price for the entire day would be 1200.00

Let me know if anyone is interested.

J

Tekeya, thank you much for sharing your wedding experience. You look amazing and the pics are FABULOUS! I'm so concerned about GBP now. We are expecting ~ 150 - 175 guests and I can't imagine them eating at a restaurant with roaches and other bugs. That would be such a mess!!

As for the gazebo, was the heat tolerable or unbeaable. I've been to a # of destination weddings in the Caribbean and the heat can make or break it. Do you know if there are other options for the reception. We intended to have dinner at the Grill and then party at the gazebo.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks ACW . . . I have asked for information from the hotel on their packages so just waiting for that. I have noticed alot of girls where talking about prices of flowers. Is that because the free boucette is not nice. As well with the free wedding package what cost have you come across that arent covered. I would love to hear how it goes with the photographer, were not sure if we can afford to hire a photographer but alot of the ladies have mentioned the resort photographer is not that great. Hope you getting excited anyways, thanks for your response;) 

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

we're air transat too on oct 15th. we were a bit worried about hurricanes in the beginning so booked november, but have now changed to october and I don't care. we're alone - just 2 of us but I was told that hurricanes that late in the season don't generally hit jamaica. the air currents have changed by then so they normally miss jamaica after september. don't know if its true or not but hey - it means we get married inside instead. it would be cool to say we got married during or immediately after a hurricane!

I'm going with the other girls. go with a resort package instead of the transat packages. much better and includes more. well worth it. we're obviously taking the free one so we get a special dinner, cake and flowers and we have a jamaican photographer - what more could you want?

Hi ladies,

I am still planning my AHR, so I really hadn't had much time to put a real deal "planning thread" together but wanted to show you some of the things that I had or used for my wedding:

Travel packets:

It included Jamaica guide, 2 luggage tags per person, excursions brochure, and the handmade invitations.  I sent these out 1 month prior to our departure

IMG_0493.JPG

Welcome Bags:

I had a Lot of goodies in my bags, and believe it or not, the guests used every bit of it.  I included a list of the items below.  Because some rooms had 2 -3 single folks and some rooms had couples, we had to do a lot of strategic planning on how we were going to organize the bags.  Gran Bahia did give each person who checked in their bag, so I didn't have to worry about going to each and every room.  We gave each person a cup, a rum cake, a lollipop towel, and room card necklace...but other items had to be 1 per room (all the items we put in the gable box). I had the rum cakes handmade by this local company in Atlanta and they were AWESOME!!!

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0537.JPGIMG_0536.JPG

Contents of Welcome Bags:

stadium cup

Homemade Rum Cakes from Rumtastic

Lollipop towels

Chapstick (with our wedding logo label on it)

Flip flop key chain

1st aid kit which I added advil, chaser, alka setzer, and pepto bismol tabs too. 

Bath and Body lotion

Moist wipes

Hand sanitizer

Room key lanyards

Travel tin scented candle

flip flop playing cards

M&Ms, reeces cups, and rice krispy treats

Gatorade

I ordered the poly. tote bags and put our tags on that also.

I used our logo for just about everything and ordered labels from Onlinelabels.com (they give you a free software for 3 months which made it easy to use.