Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Hey there and congrats!! 1. Yes those are the right emails. I would email one of the other but not both. Sometimes emailing both gets confusing and you don't want an answer from one that another has already answered. Sometimes that confusion leads to double bookings etc. They do take about 2 weeks to return an email so just be patient and they will get back to you. Or just ask here first just like you just did :) 2. You can book your reception time now, but not the place. Restaurants aren't all open at the same time so you won't know your actual restaurant until about 2 weeks before. But go ahead and book the time now. 3. The free upgrade is for whatever the next level room is above what you have booked. However, I heard that there is no huge difference between the ocean view suite and the club golden. But if you booked the ocean view then you will be upgraded to club golden if available. 4. Ther is no place to dance and party in the restaurants so people who want a private dance/cocktail party rent the gazebo. You can do an ipod with your own docking station or rent a dj, rent a bartender etc.. Just an option for people that want dancing and/or cocktails after the dinner reception. Anymore questions ask away :) 51 days to go for me!!!

Hi Ladies

I have finally booked my date....May 25th 2012 @ 4pm at the gazebo ! so excited now !!!! we have decided to go with the "unforgettable" wedding package, have any other brides been happy with this or experienced this in the past?

I have a few questions that i hope some of you can answer now that i can start to plan my day properly.

1. have i got the right names and email address's for the wedding planners at the GBP and who is the best to contact or am i best emailing them both all the time to ensure i get a reply? I know a few of them have changed recently.

Donnalee - weddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com

Chandlyn - assistantweddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com

2. How far in advance do i have to book my reception area, i have read on here some are booking the same time they book their date and others are booking a few weeks before they depart. Which (i know its each persons opinion) is the best would you say?

3. Is there a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite in the "Unforgettable" package or is that an extra upgrade? i know in the package it says "free room upgrade" but does this include the honeymoon suite? and how do we go about booking and making sure we get that.

4. I hear people booking the Gazebo for the evening, what exactly are they booking it for?

Thankyou so much for your help

Krista

Hi Missmeliss,

The photographer that we booked to our wedding also does videography if you are interested, her name is Stacey Clarke and she is easy to find on google. She also has a facebook page if interested. She was originally a videographer and then decided to branch out into photography so from what I understand she is quite good! I hope this helps and good luck in your search.

Originally Posted by missmeliss View Post

Hey Ladies,

Does anyone have any suggestions or reviews or videographer?? I think the resort offers something but I wasnt sure if they were any good.  I am just looking to get my ceremony done.  Thanks ladies.

Hi ImaJoseph,

I just wanted to introduce myself to you because I'm getting married the day before you! I have been hoping to meet someone on here that is getting married the same week as me. Feel free to private message me. Can't wait to chat with you about our weddings !

Ashley

JayKay, I will try and finish my brooch bouquet before you get married in Jan. I just purchased some beads and pearls from ebay sellar named simplypie. I should get them next week. I would still like to get more brooches and rhinestone/pearl buttons though. I still need to buy a bouquet holder for it as well. I plan on using this tutorial for my bouquet: http://seamstressofavalon.blogspot.com/2010/06/brooch-bouquet-diy-part-1.html and http://seamstressofavalon.blogspot.com/2010/07/brooch-bouquet-diy-part-2.html My bouquet will only be white, silver and clear crystals. I'm a bling girl for sure! I think this above tutorial is a lot easier than other tutorials that i have seen on other blogs, websites and youtube videos.

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

What a unique idea.  I would love to see it when you are finished making it!

Thankyou Cupcake for your reply

Most helpful and insightful, i'm happy knowing i have come to the right place here for help and advice.

May 2012 seems such a long time off but might as well get the ball rolling as soon as possible.

We are getting married at 4pm, has anybody had experiences with what the temps are like at that time of the day and is it windy down by the gazebo?

Krista

The email addresses are right, but Chandlyn is the main wedding planner and Donnalee is the assistant.

Originally Posted by imajoseph View Post

Hi Ladies

I have finally booked my date....May 25th 2012 @ 4pm at the gazebo ! so excited now !!!! we have decided to go with the "unforgettable" wedding package, have any other brides been happy with this or experienced this in the past?

I have a few questions that i hope some of you can answer now that i can start to plan my day properly.

1. have i got the right names and email address's for the wedding planners at the GBP and who is the best to contact or am i best emailing them both all the time to ensure i get a reply? I know a few of them have changed recently.

Donnalee - weddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com

Chandlyn - assistantweddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com

2. How far in advance do i have to book my reception area, i have read on here some are booking the same time they book their date and others are booking a few weeks before they depart. Which (i know its each persons opinion) is the best would you say?

3. Is there a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite in the "Unforgettable" package or is that an extra upgrade? i know in the package it says "free room upgrade" but does this include the honeymoon suite? and how do we go about booking and making sure we get that.

4. I hear people booking the Gazebo for the evening, what exactly are they booking it for?

Thankyou so much for your help

Krista

Perfect!!

Originally Posted by exquisite02 View Post

JayKay, I will try and finish my brooch bouquet before you get married in Jan. I just purchased some beads and pearls from ebay sellar named simplypie. I should get them next week. I would still like to get more brooches and rhinestone/pearl buttons though. I still need to buy a bouquet holder for it as well. I plan on using this tutorial for my bouquet: http://seamstressofavalon.blogspot.com/2010/06/brooch-bouquet-diy-part-1.html and http://seamstressofavalon.blogspot.com/2010/07/brooch-bouquet-diy-part-2.html My bouquet will only be white, silver and clear crystals. I'm a bling girl for sure! I think this above tutorial is a lot easier than other tutorials that i have seen on other blogs, websites and youtube videos.

Originally Posted by sbelland View Post

Hi Missmeliss,

The photographer that we booked to our wedding also does videography if you are interested, her name is Stacey Clarke and she is easy to find on google. She also has a facebook page if interested. She was originally a videographer and then decided to branch out into photography so from what I understand she is quite good! I hope this helps and good luck in your search.

STACEY IS AMAZING!!.. She's the Sweetest person ever. www.staceyclarkephotography.com Amazingly talented and not expensive at all.

Originally Posted by exquisite02 View Post

Hi ImaJoseph,

I just wanted to introduce myself to you because I'm getting married the day before you! I have been hoping to meet someone on here that is getting married the same week as me. Feel free to private message me. Can't wait to chat with you about our weddings !

Ashley

Im getting Married 2 weeks before you guys! March 8th, 2012