Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

We are also using him as our photographer.  We chose just the basic package.  It provided us with everything we wanted.  I wanted to do a TTD session, my FI thought it was a stupid idea, so we are not doing a TTD :(

Originally Posted by erindegagne View Post

Hey ladies!! our photographer from home just told us that she is no longer able to come to the wedding and do the pictures, so i freaked out a little then came on here again and saw that a few of you are using Merrick cousley!! I checked out his website and love his work and contacted him. He has our date available so i was just wondering what package some of you went with and if you are doing a TTD as well!! thanks ladies! ...almost 5 months to go!

Erin

Best of luck! Can't wait to hear all about your big day when you get home! Enjoy every minute!! :)

Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post

well ladies it's finally my turn! wohoo!  We head to the airport tomorrow evening after I spend the afternoon getting my nails done and waxing every hair off my body lol.  So I'll try to check in before we leave if anyone wants to know anything specific about the resort etc.  Can't wait to tell you all about it when we return.  EEEK!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Oh and greatbritain, CONGRATS!  I hope everything goes well with your new addition!!!

I have Merrick booked for my wedding and TTD...We choose the classic package for $1600...his work looks amazing and I love his sense of humour:) I am very happy with my choice and can't wait to meet him!!

Originally Posted by erindegagne View Post

Hey ladies!! our photographer from home just told us that she is no longer able to come to the wedding and do the pictures, so i freaked out a little then came on here again and saw that a few of you are using Merrick cousley!! I checked out his website and love his work and contacted him. He has our date available so i was just wondering what package some of you went with and if you are doing a TTD as well!! thanks ladies! ...almost 5 months to go!

Erin

HI Ladies,

It's nice to see so many GBPJ brides here! Thank you so much for all your helpful info. My fiance and I just confirmed out date with the resort  - June 2, 2012 - woot.gifand can't wait to see how everything unfolds! This has been such a useful thread and has helped us decide on the location and our photographer!!! I look forward to what we can learn going forward!!!!

If anyone has any suggestions or things we should watch out for please let me know!!!

Also does anyone know if the minister fees are included in the price of the packages ? I've heard rumours that this may be an extra cost upon arrival.

Thanks

I believe it depends on what wedding package you chose to go with.  We are just using the free package, therefore we have to pay the minister fees.  I think all the other packages include the minister fees.

Originally Posted by sbelland View Post

HI Ladies,

It's nice to see so many GBPJ brides here! Thank you so much for all your helpful info. My fiance and I just confirmed out date with the resort  - June 2, 2012 - woot.gifand can't wait to see how everything unfolds! This has been such a useful thread and has helped us decide on the location and our photographer!!! I look forward to what we can learn going forward!!!!

If anyone has any suggestions or things we should watch out for please let me know!!!

Also does anyone know if the minister fees are included in the price of the packages ? I've heard rumours that this may be an extra cost upon arrival.

Thanks

Congrats sbelland on confirming your date!  Who did you end up booking for your photographer?  It's my understanding that the minister fees are included in all package prices with the exception of the free package, in which case it's $200.  Hope that helps :)

Hi Ladies

I have finally booked my date....May 25th 2012 @ 4pm at the gazebo ! so excited now !!!! we have decided to go with the "unforgettable" wedding package, have any other brides been happy with this or experienced this in the past?

I have a few questions that i hope some of you can answer now that i can start to plan my day properly.

1. have i got the right names and email address's for the wedding planners at the GBP and who is the best to contact or am i best emailing them both all the time to ensure i get a reply? I know a few of them have changed recently.

Donnalee - weddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com

Chandlyn - assistantweddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com

2. How far in advance do i have to book my reception area, i have read on here some are booking the same time they book their date and others are booking a few weeks before they depart. Which (i know its each persons opinion) is the best would you say?

3. Is there a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite in the "Unforgettable" package or is that an extra upgrade? i know in the package it says "free room upgrade" but does this include the honeymoon suite? and how do we go about booking and making sure we get that.

4. I hear people booking the Gazebo for the evening, what exactly are they booking it for?

Thankyou so much for your help

Krista

Thanks a bunch! That definitely helps. We decided to book Stacey Clarke as our photographer, she has amazing pictures and her packages are very reasonable for what they include!

Have you booked an outside photographer as well ?

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

Congrats sbelland on confirming your date!  Who did you end up booking for your photographer?  It's my understanding that the minister fees are included in all package prices with the exception of the free package, in which case it's $200.  Hope that helps :)