Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

hmm that may be worth looking into. my concern was whether the resort would get it right. they certainly don't have the right "free" bouquets. Tai told me whatever the resort sent me for the freebies was wrong so that worries me a little. I know I can save the credit card fee so I might just be happy with that. As much as weddings are expensive we're still getting off a lot lighter than if we had it here. but I'm going to get in touch with Jennivie and see what she says.

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

Wow that's crazy I never heard anything about a set up fee or the 4% credit card fee wow their brutal ehy. I forgot about the 17.5% tax though thanks for the heads up I should have known. Are you talking to them directly? That's what I am doing I wander if we did it through Donnalee like on the forms maybe we wouldn't be getting as screwed so bad. On the forms where the flower part is it doesn't say anything about all these add on's and if they had to bring our bouquets to Donnalee/Chandlyn anyway maybe we wouldn't be charged these delivery fees or credit card fee because the resort would be dealing with them one love for another maybe. I am thinking I may just go through the resort and they can order my flowers for me just a thought.

I used Jan's flowers and had a $20 delivery fee but no additional taxes or processing fees.  I did have to pay $10 or so for the money order I sent to pay for our deposit bc the credit card deposit was a little iffy (they wanted scans of your CC and your ID...which was a little too much info to send to someone I don't know if Jamaica).

I got my bouquet which is orchids, lillies, and roses, 2 bridesmaids bouquets, 6 bouts, 2 wrist corsages, orchids for our hair, for the cake, and enough for one table loose and it is $423 including $20 delivery fee.  I'm happy with that bc I know I'll be getting the flowers that I want instead of the 'free' bouquet that came with our package. 

this is what I'm hoping my bouquet will look like but with pink, ivory, and orange instead of purples.

bouquet inspiration.jpg

It's been so quiet on here now that quite a few brides are gone!  I've only got 7 weeks til my big day!  So excited.  I just sent out our pre-trip packages which included a brochure with info about the trip, luggage tags, passport covers and a hand written note letting everyone know how happy we are they are coming.  I can't wait for everyone to get them!!

wow - 7 weeks. I wish. we still have 5 and a half months!! I'm starting to really think about it now and really look forward to it just because it's getting closer. I found my wedding band last weekend and I'm in love with it! I didn't know what I wanted but the lady in the store nailed it.

you're right about it being so quiet here now. it's weird.

Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post

I used Jan's flowers and had a $20 delivery fee but no additional taxes or processing fees.  I did have to pay $10 or so for the money order I sent to pay for our deposit bc the credit card deposit was a little iffy (they wanted scans of your CC and your ID...which was a little too much info to send to someone I don't know if Jamaica).

I got my bouquet which is orchids, lillies, and roses, 2 bridesmaids bouquets, 6 bouts, 2 wrist corsages, orchids for our hair, for the cake, and enough for one table loose and it is $423 including $20 delivery fee.  I'm happy with that bc I know I'll be getting the flowers that I want instead of the 'free' bouquet that came with our package. 

this is what I'm hoping my bouquet will look like but with pink, ivory, and orange instead of purples.

bouquet inspiration.jpg

It's been so quiet on here now that quite a few brides are gone!  I've only got 7 weeks til my big day!  So excited.  I just sent out our pre-trip packages which included a brochure with info about the trip, luggage tags, passport covers and a hand written note letting everyone know how happy we are they are coming.  I can't wait for everyone to get them!!

7 weeks that's so exciting!!! Your flower choices are beautiful, I still haven't figured out what I want to do yet. Was Jan's flowers cheaper than tai flora? Also I was wondering if your pre trip packages are what you are giving out instead of OOT bags? I am still undecided of what I want to do and I was thinking if I did oot bags I would like to give them out before we go because I am thinking that it would be way to much stuff to bring with us. Still not sure what to do.

7 weeks! That sounds so close! We still have 7 months to go!  It has been really quiet, which is so different from a month ago! 

You should post pictures of your band!!

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

wow - 7 weeks. I wish. we still have 5 and a half months!! I'm starting to really think about it now and really look forward to it just because it's getting closer. I found my wedding band last weekend and I'm in love with it! I didn't know what I wanted but the lady in the store nailed it.

you're right about it being so quiet here now. it's weird.

I'm going to be using Sungold Photography, but I'm using Paula and Damian rather than the associates.  From what I've seen though, the associates do wonderful work.  I'm sure if you asked they'd be able to provide you with references.

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 View Post

Has anyone used or plans on using Sunngold Photography Associates? Just looking for some advice or reviews on them:)

Thanks so much ashley490...as much as I would like to have Paula and Damian it just isn't in the budget:( but yeah..I think too that their associates will be great too!

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

I'm going to be using Sungold Photography, but I'm using Paula and Damian rather than the associates.  From what I've seen though, the associates do wonderful work.  I'm sure if you asked they'd be able to provide you with references.

I can't believe its so soon!  All of your wedding dates will be here before you know it ladies!!!

I sent out the pre trip package and I'm also doing OOT bags.  I know we'll be lugging down so much luggage for the OOT bags but I think it will be worth it.  The pre-trip packages prob cost about $3-4 each (1 per couple) but it was worth the extra cost bc I know everyone really appreciated them.  Plus it was fun bc they were a surprise and it's also when we told everyone about the group excursion we're taking them on (zip lining and mahoe falls!).

I didn't contact Tai Flora for flowers, I just went off of the prices that the resort provided for extra flowers from them and Jan's was definitely cheaper than that.  They have been really nice to work with (especially since I've changed my mind prob 7 times now about what flowers I wanted lol). You definitely need to tell them what you want and what you dont want though or else they will try to give you carnations, mums, and roses (funeral flowers IMO!)  But once I explained to them what I wanted and started sending pictures they were able to give me exactly what I was looking for.

post your ring pic!  We'd love to see it :)  I just got mine the other week too.  I have an antique engagement ring so it was really hard for me to find a band that matched (and that I could afford) and I think I found one.  finally! :)  I also bought FI's band from www.tungstenworld.com and it's great.  If anyone is looking for a tungsten band, they were great to work with.  Here is a coupon code I received for $35 off $100: TW35.  Hope someone can use it!

Have a great weekend everyone!