Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Hi Tekeya...

I bought them at Michael's and put them together..did the same for all the bouts and wrist corsages for the mothers too.  A lot easier and cheaper than I thought it would be! 

I did not have to pay anything extra for Jan's.  GBP doesn't charge for that...the only time you run into a charge is when the vendor is staying at the resort for any period of time.

As far as you ladies asking about children staying for free...what I found out from our TA was that in 2010...GBP was running a special for children to stay for free under 12 with 2 paid adults...they did not continue that promotion for 2011...they now offer a discounted rate for children.  I found this out directly from a facebook message from the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica FB page...but then again...we have all been told a few different things from talking to the same person, so who knows what the answer may be now!

Originally Posted by Tekeya Thompson View Post

Hi Missy!  Where did you get your flowers?  They look so real!

Also, I am also thinking about using Jan's florist...did you have to pay anything extra for them to come onsite (i.e pass)?

This is Weird.

Im getting Married March 2012, I have two Paying Adults (up graded to the Royal Gardens Aka.. All Inclusive) and I have Three Children coming with us. ALL THREE are Free to stay ( we have to pay for Flights) My Oldest is 11, Middle is 6 and Youngest is 1.  Maybe its just a special between Transat?? I don't know.. Im sure as hell glad I don't have to fork over anymore Expenses than what I was Quoted.

I found the review. Thanks a lot!!  That's good things to know about the gazebo.  We're still deciding on it only because we still don't know our numbers yet so still trying to decide if it's worth it or not.

At this point if we don't take the gazebo does anyone recommend an alternative for a first dance???  I'm not liking what I'm hearing about the disco and I doubt too many of our group would be interested in it anyway. I really don't want to do it before we have dinner right after the ceremony. That just doesn't do it for me. But I'm just so stuck over this. The gazebo is quite a bit of extra money if we end up with a group of 10, which at this point is entirely possible. Now that it's coming down to the money crunch people are dropping like flies!!!  So any help would be DEEPLY appreciated!!!!!

Thanks ladies. This is really buggin me....

Originally Posted by Cassierose View Post

so, they wont let me talk about how my stay was in this thread, you have to go look at it in the 'reviews' section of the site. This is really annoying. I copy and pasted it and i think they are holding it again, cuz it didn't pop up in the review section after i hit submit. So i give up. I had a great time and i really wanted to tell you all the pros and cons. Maybe tmw my review will be up if anyone is interested in reading it.....good luck to all you future brides- the resort is awesome!

Soooo excited...got a sneak peek at a few of our TTD photos...but if I could ask for your ladies help...I would so greatly appreciate it!  If we get 100 "likes" on facebook for this photo by May 27...we get a free 20x24 print of it!  Being that the majority of my FB friends aren't as excited about weddings as we all are...I figured ya'll may understand my enthusiasm!  Can you help me?? 

If you don't mind helping...all you have to do is go to our photographers webpage - Rae of Light Photography on Facebook...click "like" on their page...then find the album "Destination Wedding (Jamaica)" and find this picture (In the album though-it is also their profile pic but likes on that one don't count - yes confusing...sorry!!) and click "Like" 

230304_10150178682946981_12925381980_7001939_3923348_n.jpg

Your help would be so very much appreciated!!  Here are a few other sneak peeks...though if you go to their FB site...you'll see them there too!  :)  Thank you so very much...in advance!  We really appreciate all the help we can get!!!

230470_10150178704851981_12925381980_7002158_4367789_n.jpg225209_10150178702976981_12925381980_7002119_5157190_n.jpg230784_10150178702746981_12925381980_7002115_5086224_n.jpg

AMAZING pictures!! 

P.s. I liked it for you:)

Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 View Post

Soooo excited...got a sneak peek at a few of our TTD photos...but if I could ask for your ladies help...I would so greatly appreciate it!  If we get 100 "likes" on facebook for this photo by May 27...we get a free 20x24 print of it!  Being that the majority of my FB friends aren't as excited about weddings as we all are...I figured ya'll may understand my enthusiasm!  Can you help me?? 

If you don't mind helping...all you have to do is go to our photographers webpage - Rae of Light Photography on Facebook...click "like" on their page...then find the album "Destination Wedding (Jamaica)" and find this picture (In the album though-it is also their profile pic but likes on that one don't count - yes confusing...sorry!!) and click "Like" 

230304_10150178682946981_12925381980_7001939_3923348_n.jpg

Your help would be so very much appreciated!!  Here are a few other sneak peeks...though if you go to their FB site...you'll see them there too!  :)  Thank you so very much...in advance!  We really appreciate all the help we can get!!!

230470_10150178704851981_12925381980_7002158_4367789_n.jpg225209_10150178702976981_12925381980_7002119_5157190_n.jpg230784_10150178702746981_12925381980_7002115_5086224_n.jpg

I know this was already talked about on here but I don't recall seeing any specific answers so ...... does anyone know who all should be tipped and what's a good amount?  Minister? Chandlyn? Steel Drum Band? Photographer? Anyone else?  Thanks for the thoughts in advance ladies!

I was thinking $100 for the WCs, $20-30 per member of the band, $20-25 per waiter, $50 for the bartender and DJ (we're doing a gazebo reception).  I wasn't going to tip the minister as he's already getting $200 for a 20min ceremony, but I guess its worth considering seeing as people have nothing but very positive things to say about him.  

Is that on par with what others are doing?   

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

I know this was already talked about on here but I don't recall seeing any specific answers so ...... does anyone know who all should be tipped and what's a good amount?  Minister? Chandlyn? Steel Drum Band? Photographer? Anyone else?  Thanks for the thoughts in advance ladies!

wowza, I wasn't planning on tipping anywhere near that! lol...  I was thinking of bringing a gift for Chandlyn (prob jewelry bc my sis is a jeweler), and prob tipping the waiters during the dinner $20ish per person.  For the minister and steel drum band (since we are already paying them both) I was thinking of giving them a thank you card and a gift bag of goodies from back home.  We aren't getting the DJ or the bartender for the gazebo, but will prob be tipping the nearby bartenders to bribe them for pitchers or rum punch or red stripe to take to the gazebo!