Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

alright ladies so i need a little advise.... i bought my wedding dress months ago, and everytime i look at pics of it i grow more and more unsure of it.  i love it on me, but in the picture i'm not sure how i like the way it looks (and well that poses a problem considering all the pics that will be taken with me in it!) so i'm gonna post it for you all to see, and hopefully give a little feed back.  i still love the dress when i put it on, but maybe i'm just being silly and starting to worry about everything way too much! 

1401f.jpg

I think your dress is great...I had the same problem..I bought my dress a while back and started having second thought..I went back to kleinfelds like 3 time to make sure...But i truly love it and the reason y i had second thought is because i saw a model in it...And it didnt look good..so trust ur true instinct...you dont look the same in it..it look nice on you when you first tried and it will look nice on you on your day ;-)))))

DSC07003.JPG

that dress is AMAZING and I am sure you will look gorgeous in it...even better than the model in fact. Never second guess yourself!

Jenn - all of those dresses are also beautiful, wish I saw that site before. Any of those dresses would look amazing on you, try them all on! lol

My first dress experience was horrible as I was told that I was a deffinate plus size...i was like bit$% please I am a size 16! She then went to tell me to HOLD the dresses up to me as I clearly wouldnt fit into them, so I left. The salon where I got my dress was amazing and treated me no different than anyone else, so deffinately dont settle for being treated poorly!

Originally Posted by ames9782 View Post

alright ladies so i need a little advise.... i bought my wedding dress months ago, and everytime i look at pics of it i grow more and more unsure of it.  i love it on me, but in the picture i'm not sure how i like the way it looks (and well that poses a problem considering all the pics that will be taken with me in it!) so i'm gonna post it for you all to see, and hopefully give a little feed back.  i still love the dress when i put it on, but maybe i'm just being silly and starting to worry about everything way too much! 

1401f.jpg

I will deffinately ask around about those pics and people are still sending them to me...I seem to remember one with a condom on my uncle's head too from your group! lmao

Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 View Post

Thank you so much ladies!  I appreciate all you wonderful comments!  I want to do it all again!!!

Katelynn...It was so great to meet you and I'm sure we have a picture or 10 of you and I together that will surface from someone at some point!  But I definitely didn't see a group as crazy as either of ours the following week we were there either!  haha!  Us northern-ers know how to party it up!  We jumped in the pool with our clothes on (dresses we wore to the rehearsal) the Friday night before the wedding and were told we were being too loud...so we were all pretending to be silent sharks as I whispered the JAWS theme...yeah...we were way weird!  ha!   Gotta love the rum!!

Okay...down to serious stuff!  huh.gif  I am hoping that I remember everyone's questions...

I did have my hair done at the spa...I also did a trial 2 days before the wedding...I brought in a picture and they were amazing at creating it on me...they also have a magazine in the salon with a bunch of styles too that you can pick from.  My mom, sister and 2 other bridesmaids had their hair done there as well, and it turned out beautiful on all of them...and they all went off of pictures from the magazine.

The flowers that we all have are actually fake...we brought them all along with us and I got stopped a few times going through the airport and they told me I couldn't bring them!  haha!    But we did order gazebo arrangements and cake flowers from Jan's...I got everything set up with them as to what I wanted and got a quote...I gave the quote to Chandlyn, paid her, and she took care of the rest - she also gave me a receipt after I paid her the money.

Our wedding was at 3:00 and the previous wedding was at 1:00...the coordinators stated that they were Jamaican and that was why it took so long (Jamaican time - lol!)  But I think our ceremony didn't start until closer to 3:30 and we were just getting done (after doing some pics, toasts and first dances) at close to 5:15...so they didn't take all that much longer really than ours...But I would think if the coordinators are on top of hustling people out of there, it wouldn't be so tight - especially if there's only an 1.5 hour time frame between weddings.  It doesn't sound like any previous brides ran into this issue...

We had 2 photographers and one of our GM brough walkie-talkies...those were put to good use (though it was an after-thought when things were looking to be delayed) our GM brought one to the photographer with me and one to the photographer down by the gazebo...we could have used them a little earlier though!  hahaa! 

I really like style 3076.  The lace up back is a nice feature.  Mine has a lace up back and it makes me have an awesome silhouette.  But like some of the other ladies have said, try on all different types of dresses, even ones you might not like on the hanger.  Sometimes it's good to know what you don't like in order to find something you love.  I'd say don't try on too many dresses all at once though, I found all the dresses started looking the same after a while.  it's it

Originally Posted by Dutchie600 View Post

Missy OMG!! GORGEOUS!

Ok Two Questions for you ( I know Im sorry)

I LOVE your wedding colours and Flowers, I need to know where you got those Gorgeous flowers from.

and Where did you get those Bridesmaid Dresses?? I love them!!

Also to Everyone. Im Currently Looking into buying my wedding Dress.. My First try on will be this weekend. Its apparently a super depressing experience if you have some serious curves like me. I fell involve with this designer and I wanted everyone input/ favourites... Im not really familiar with textures of dresses as of yet.

heres the website.

http://www.morilee.com/bridals/julietta

Thanks!!

Jenn

ames9782:  That's a beautiful dress!  I look at mine online all the time too and I'm unsure if I love it as much now as I did 6 months ago in the store. My FI says I just have to try it on again to remember what it actually looks like on me then I'll love it again, but I'm still worried regardless.  I suppose once I try it on again if I truly don't love it, I'll just have to buy another one  lol!  Too bad money doesn't grow on trees though  haha!

thanks for the feedback!  i go in starting in june for fittings so i'll be able to find out for sure if i'm still just as much in love with it then!  i'm sure i'm just starting to get "jitters" about everything, and it will all be fine in the end!