Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Is it because when you fill out the options your billing addy is different from the location you are sending it to as I think they have to be the same???? I ordered it and everything was fine so I have no clue...thatswck.gif

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

Just wondering if you ladies who bought sashes had a lot of difficulty with the company?  I tried to purchase them on two different credit cards but my orders keep getting cancelled because according to them, my billing address does not match the mailing address! I even called the bank to confirm, and they're the same! I tried emailing them but they refuse to process the order! Did anyone else have this difficulty?

Thanks so much for sharing your wedding story with us! I really appreciate it! Can't wait for my big day...the days are going by so slowly!!!

That's perfect - thanks, and exactly what I wanted to know.  We're still debating about the gazebo to rent.  We've just booked and are now waiting for guests to book so it will depend on numbers, but we were wondering where else we might be able to do our first dance...

Originally Posted by StephAli View Post

Hey acw,

The Pueblo is part of the resort. Its where the stores are, the disco, karaoke, sports bar and the AMAZING burger place (I actually only ate the ham and cheese sandwiches, but they were awesome!!). Anyways, you can pay for fancier drinks at the sports bar, but you can also get the basic resort drinks for free. Thats kinda the only additional cost. The stores all charge, but before you buy anything from there I would recommend dealing with the dudes that walk along the beach, they always gave good deals. Hope that helps.

congrats!!  so glad it all went well and thanks so much for the "critique".  definitely reassuring for the rest of us to know that GBPJ really seems to care about the couples that get married there!!

Originally Posted by TMwedding2011 View Post

WEDDING REVIEW

We just got married april 12,2011. everything went really well. Chandlyn met with us the day after we arrived, a letter arrived the day before confirming this appointment. Chandlynn was awesome, I have had never had any complaints about her. I asked her about how many weddings she was doing this month, 45 in the month of April and when you see the effort that is put in you will know why she can't always be prompt.  Everything we discussed with her was done to perfection and she even sewed me into my dress because my zipper split 10 mins before the ceremony. We did the free package and they treated us awesome. I did not like the free bouquet thought, I had brought my own bouquets and used the free one as a throw away.

The ceremony was perfect, we did the sand ceremony with the together forever kit from michaels. Make sure your husband to be sets it up. We both got a bit teary during the vows but all was well. The pictures were good but not great. we got 83 burned on to a CD  for $150 USD. We got about 25 that we really like.  We ate at the dolce vita, italian and had chicken with risotta. If you have anyone with peanut allergies please specify because it says there are walnuts but my mom who is allergic to peanuts had an allergic reaction.  The food was good, the wedding cake was ok but i enjoyed the tiramisu better. We went to the piano bar and danced and later went to the show and disco, we had fun. We had 22 guests and not all were interested in dancing so I did not see a point in renting the gazebo and the cost did not seem worth it to me for the few hours it was rented for.

Overall I would recommend the resort and wedding at GBP :) Good luck to the brides and grooms. Just relax and everything will be irie !

if you back track through some of the posts here you'll see that the reviews on the photos done by the resort photographers are total crap and not woth it.  there are a couple of local Jamaican ones that there are quite a few comments about and some people seem to have been lucky enough to get deals with taking a photographer with them.  we're hiring a local Jamaican one

Originally Posted by exquisite02 View Post

Oh my gosh! I have missed so many posts but I have been running around with my head chopped off trying to get quotes. Finally, I think I got a quote that i'm happy with even though my guest are already complaining lol. I booked for May 24th, 2012!

Big Congrats goes out to all the new brides and the brides who are getting married in the next week fews. A big thank you to all who have posted reviews and pictures. i really hope that brides continue to post things because I need my wedding fix and I have a very long way to go! lol

Photos are big thing for us. I will be contacting people about this but it is nice to know what comes with the free package and how much extra to expect if we did use the resort for photos. I too will be bringing my own brooch bouquet and just throwing the free bouquet. thank you TMwedding2011 and I hope we can see more of your pictures!

We plan on sand ceremony too. I still have purchase the umbra ether frame and the glue to glue it together. Might also get glass etching stencils for the frame as well so that i can put our names and wedding date on it. we will see how crafty I get after I make all my invites because I might be all crafted out lol

well I got our sand vase at Michaels. had a 50% off coupon so it worked out great. sand we'll look at in party city in the US this weekend. I have guava & watermelon (pretty close to orange & pink but not quite) so I'll see what there is.  I really like the vase and I think I'm going to take it to Things Engraved and see what they'll charge to have our wedding date put on.

final decision is we're doing the resort chair sashes.  we're going to be such a small group that for 25 to 30 bucks I don't have to carry them down myself.

I'm still looking for feedback on where to have our first dance if we don't get the gazebo. numbers will dictate, but I'd also like somewhere that we can get together. opinions on the piano bar that I've seen mentioned??  this is the one thing I'm struggling with....

did anyone try to do anything different with the cakes they offer?  I asked about colours and was told that I can't change from exactly what the pics are so I'm trying to do fresh flowers on top to liven it up a bit. are the cakes exactly like the pics?  they show several layers, or the one that is spaced out on separate trays, which I don't like but I'm trying to figure out if you have a nice cake to cut or not...

I Only had an issue with shipping because i wanted them sent to my work address, they said it had to be my creditcard address.... I havent rec'd them yet but they are intransit, perhaps i will get them this week (hopefully)

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

Just wondering if you ladies who bought sashes had a lot of difficulty with the company?  I tried to purchase them on two different credit cards but my orders keep getting cancelled because according to them, my billing address does not match the mailing address! I even called the bank to confirm, and they're the same! I tried emailing them but they refuse to process the order! Did anyone else have this difficulty?

Thanks so much for sharing your wedding story with us! I really appreciate it! Can't wait for my big day...the days are going by so slowly!!!

How long does it take for shipment to arrive?

Originally Posted by katelynn View Post

Is it because when you fill out the options your billing addy is different from the location you are sending it to as I think they have to be the same???? I ordered it and everything was fine so I have no clue...thatswck.gif

Congrats glad to hear it went so well

Originally Posted by TMwedding2011 View Post

WEDDING REVIEW

We just got married april 12,2011. everything went really well. Chandlyn met with us the day after we arrived, a letter arrived the day before confirming this appointment. Chandlynn was awesome, I have had never had any complaints about her. I asked her about how many weddings she was doing this month, 45 in the month of April and when you see the effort that is put in you will know why she can't always be prompt.  Everything we discussed with her was done to perfection and she even sewed me into my dress because my zipper split 10 mins before the ceremony. We did the free package and they treated us awesome. I did not like the free bouquet thought, I had brought my own bouquets and used the free one as a throw away.

The ceremony was perfect, we did the sand ceremony with the together forever kit from michaels. Make sure your husband to be sets it up. We both got a bit teary during the vows but all was well. The pictures were good but not great. we got 83 burned on to a CD  for $150 USD. We got about 25 that we really like.  We ate at the dolce vita, italian and had chicken with risotta. If you have anyone with peanut allergies please specify because it says there are walnuts but my mom who is allergic to peanuts had an allergic reaction.  The food was good, the wedding cake was ok but i enjoyed the tiramisu better. We went to the piano bar and danced and later went to the show and disco, we had fun. We had 22 guests and not all were interested in dancing so I did not see a point in renting the gazebo and the cost did not seem worth it to me for the few hours it was rented for.

Overall I would recommend the resort and wedding at GBP :) Good luck to the brides and grooms. Just relax and everything will be irie !

Hmmm...I can't figure out what the problem is then! My billing address is my home address, the same home address I am trying to have them shipped to!  And we tried this on my both, and my FI cards!  I tried emailing the company and they said there is nothing they can do to help me if the credit card doesn't go through and that they won't accept any other form of payment! Very frustrating! I guess I'll have to buy them from somewhere else!  Good luck with receiving yours!

Originally Posted by toesinsand30 View Post

I Only had an issue with shipping because i wanted them sent to my work address, they said it had to be my creditcard address.... I havent rec'd them yet but they are intransit, perhaps i will get them this week (hopefully)

Okay girls I need some advice from all of you about something...

My FMIL is being a total crazy lady right now and she is driving me to drink..seriously!

My FI and I decided months ago that we didnt want speeches at our wedding, and when we told her this she got all angry. She now has bugged us like 5 times about it, she doesnt take NO for an answer! She is the type of person to make everything about her, I cant even count the amount of times I have heard its her 40th wedding anniversary this year. Further, at her other sons wedding a couple of years ago she made their speeches all about them and my FI brother is still mad about it. She doesnt get the hint that we have told her NO sooo many times and keeps bringing it up, so what to do?!

FURTHER!!

My father and I do not get along, we never have and never will, therefore I dont want to do a father daughter dance. To make things worse we are not on speaking terms right now as we got in a fight the last time I was visiting. My FMIL is now demanding that she have a dance with my FI and is driving me crazy about it as she knows about my relationship with my dad, and therefore I think she should respect my wishes on the wedding day.....however not so much!

So, I really dont know what to do as she has said already she has helped pay and therefore she should have a say, but at the same time ITS OUR WEDDING! My FI has already spoken to her but I am thinking next week when we go back home to get ready we should sit down and talk with her about it??

any suggestions ladies to deal with FMILzilla?