Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

We are planning on doing a sand ceremony.  We bought our sand ceremony set at Micheal's.  It was regularly $59.99 but we used a 40% coupon so it came to like $36 dollars.  It comes with neutral colored sand.  It doesn't say anywhere on the box but when I opened it it does include a cap thing, so I was surprised.  I had planned on just bringing a candle and melting the wax on top of it.  Here is a picture of the set we bought:

sand ceremony.jpg

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

is anyone, or does anyone know anyone, that is doing or has done the sand ceremony?  Tai Flora wants $70 for it but they'll seal it up to bring home.  I've looked on a couple of the wedding sites and they're cheaper but don't include anything to "close it up" to fly back.  the sand colours too are a bit funky too. any suggestions or recommendations????

if anyone really wants the flavour of Jamaica in their ceremony here is a link for steel drum music. check it out. the guy is pretty good and he has ALL the traditional wedding music.  I'm not paying for the steel band but this guy has all of it anyway.  we even put a couple of the tunes on our wedding website.  I ordered his albums and he sent the mp3 links for only $6 US each through PayPal, plus bonus tracks.  I figure we'll make up a CD and maybe use it as background music while we're signing the licence and even while we're doing pictures at the gazebo or something. http://www.steeldrummusic.net/  I think I know which one I want for that looooooong walk down that walkway but still deciding.

For our sand ceremony we bought an umbra frame called "Ether" There is a piece that slides out at the top so no worries about sealing it and then you pour your sand between panes 2 and 4. We really liked it too as you can put a picture in it.

We bought it off their website for like $40 including shipping.

Here is a pic....not of mine though as its already packed, but same idea.

frame.jpg

hey - that's a nice one!!  I saw one on the Michael's site too that is a heart shape, comes with a stand and a stopper too but no sand and that's where I said the sand colours are a bit funky. funny you should say about the coupons because I got a bunch yesterday on my email and there's  50% and a 40%, plus a 20% off your entire purchase. I saw the sand on a US website as well so I'm thinking maybe I can do the Michaels set from here, then maybe check out the sand elsewhere.  would a melted candle work as far as sealing it up??  that's a pretty cool idea.

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

We are planning on doing a sand ceremony.  We bought our sand ceremony set at Micheal's.  It was regularly $59.99 but we used a 40% coupon so it came to like $36 dollars.  It comes with neutral colored sand.  It doesn't say anywhere on the box but when I opened it it does include a cap thing, so I was surprised.  I had planned on just bringing a candle and melting the wax on top of it.  Here is a picture of the set we bought:

sand ceremony.jpg

is that Michaels too?  that one looks great too!!

Originally Posted by katelynn View Post

For our sand ceremony we bought an umbra frame called "Ether" There is a piece that slides out at the top so no worries about sealing it and then you pour your sand between panes 2 and 4. We really liked it too as you can put a picture in it.

We bought it off their website for like $40 including shipping.

Here is a pic....not of mine though as its already packed, but same idea.

frame.jpg

ok. next question. this will be for you ladies that are the newlyweds. does anyone know with the Pueblo Principe - is it just stores, or are there actually bars and stuff? we read on a site that Pueblo Principe is NOT included with the resort, i.e. you have to pay extra for drinks and stuff if you go into bars there. but we couldn't figure out if they are actually part of this Pueblo Prinicpe or if they're still part of the resort or what?  any info would be much appreciated!!

Yeah they had the one with the heart shape as well at Michael's, but it seemed like it would take up to much space in my suitcase haha!  Michael's also sells bottles of sand in tons of colors, from funky to neutral.  They also sell like craft sand that I'm sure you could use in a ton of different colors.  My cousin just melted a candle on the top of her sand and it worked great to get it home from Mexico and I have read from a few brides on here that it worked for them as well. 

hey - that's a nice one!!  I saw one on the Michael's site too that is a heart shape, comes with a stand and a stopper too but no sand and that's where I said the sand colours are a bit funky. funny you should say about the coupons because I got a bunch yesterday on my email and there's  50% and a 40%, plus a 20% off your entire purchase. I saw the sand on a US website as well so I'm thinking maybe I can do the Michaels set from here, then maybe check out the sand elsewhere.  would a melted candle work as far as sealing it up??  that's a pretty cool idea.

Hey acw,

The Pueblo is part of the resort. Its where the stores are, the disco, karaoke, sports bar and the AMAZING burger place (I actually only ate the ham and cheese sandwiches, but they were awesome!!). Anyways, you can pay for fancier drinks at the sports bar, but you can also get the basic resort drinks for free. Thats kinda the only additional cost. The stores all charge, but before you buy anything from there I would recommend dealing with the dudes that walk along the beach, they always gave good deals. Hope that helps.

ok. next question. this will be for you ladies that are the newlyweds. does anyone know with the Pueblo Principe - is it just stores, or are there actually bars and stuff? we read on a site that Pueblo Principe is NOT included with the resort, i.e. you have to pay extra for drinks and stuff if you go into bars there. but we couldn't figure out if they are actually part of this Pueblo Prinicpe or if they're still part of the resort or what?  any info would be much appreciated!!

Hi! Do you have to request the personalized menu? Or...did they do it as part of your package? Also...does anyone know if there are restrictions on footwear for the ceremony?

Originally Posted by schayer View Post

Hi Lmarie,

I was about to make an attemp to describing it but realized that it much easier to simply upload a picture.

Picture 002.jpgPicture 001.jpg

So yes the paper inside is somwhat yellow...

Quote: