Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Quote:

On the subject of photographers, we managed to find a photographer from home who was willing to forgo all of the fees for enagement, rehearsal dinner, wedding and trash the dress sessions in exchange for travel.  That being said, they will be guests at the resort as well.  I didn't want to ask in case they tried to charge me extra, but as they are guests with us for the week, there can't possibly be a vendor fee right?

Hope all your planning is going well! :)

I asked about this as well.  Our photographer will be a guest at the resort the night of our wedding and therefore, you don't have to pay the $75 vendor fee!

I saw those!!  I think they're adorable! I was thinking about those too lol  hope you don't mind if I copy you.  sorry - I think they're cool!!

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

I was told that while there is no vendors fee to bring outside photographers into the resort, there is a $75 day pass that must be purchased.  It appears for the most part that this is a consistent message for most of us.

On another note I just bought these great little luggage tags to give to my guests.  I'm so pumped about them I thought I'd share a pic  

Flip flop luggage tag.jpg

hey ashley - check our oriental trading - I think the website is orientaltrading.com  they say they'll do canadian orders but I don't know what the charges are for shipping.  in our case we just have stuff sent to my step son. he married an american girl and they live in pennsylvania so we go about once a month to see our grandbabies and just pick up anything we've ordered! lol

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

That's a great idea Tris! I'm in the same boat where I really don't want to lug anymore stuff down! All the OOT stuff will be enough!  Our group is going to be small as well, so that might be manageable.  I was even thinking of taking the bridesmaids bouquets once they're done with them and using them as part of the centrepiece!

Ashley: Love the luggage tags! Have been checking those out myself! Any chance they're from a Canadian place that didn't charge you a ton of shipping? That's been my dilemna, trying to find a place that won't charge me what they're worth, just to ship them!

On the subject of photographers, we managed to find a photographer from home who was willing to forgo all of the fees for enagement, rehearsal dinner, wedding and trash the dress sessions in exchange for travel.  That being said, they will be guests at the resort as well.  I didn't want to ask in case they tried to charge me extra, but as they are guests with us for the week, there can't possibly be a vendor fee right?

Hope all your planning is going well! :)

I definitely don't mind...copy away!  lol!  I've found it a little difficult to find cute little things like this to give away so I thought I'd share in case anyone wanted to buy them too :)

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

I saw those!!  I think they're adorable! I was thinking about those too lol  hope you don't mind if I copy you.  sorry - I think they're cool!!

Thanks Ashely!  I actually bought my fans and little tubes of bubbles from Micheals as well, but at the time they didn't have any of the flip flop luggage tags! Will have to go back sometime soon and see if they have them, or ask if they can bring some in for me!

Thanks for the tip! 

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

Thanks lmarie!

BusyBee123: I bought them from Michaels Craft Store for $4 each, it's a pretty big chain.  As far as I can tell you can't purchase them from Michaels online, but I'm sure there must be one close to you seeing as how you live in Ontario.  They also have a sale on their fans right now, I bought 18 turquoise fans for $22.  I got them to put on the chairs for guests at the ceremony.  Also, if you keep your eye out sometimes they have really good coupons.  Right now they have a coupon to save 40% off of one wedding item and tomorrow there's a coupon to save $5 for every $25 spent (or something like that).  Here's their website if you want to have a look at their deals, flyer, and other wedding items http://www.michaels.com/ 

Weâ€ve just returned from a week at the Gran Bahia Principe in Jamaica. We went down there for our wedding and we were 10 in total. My overall impressions: Great hotel, great destinations and amazing place to get married!!

The wedding ceremony was just perfect!! No other words could describe it, honestly! Getting married down south is a breeze but even more at the gran bahia principe. The cost of the actual wedding was $200 (minister fee) and the planning is all done by the wedding coordinator (Chandlynn); who did an amazing job. They also send you breakfast in bed the following day. You also get upgraded to the royal golden which gives a few perks; free room safe, snacks, internet…

We went with the free package, and yes the chair covers are included. The flower provided are beautiful.

One important thing I want to say to all GBJP brides; either have your wedding day early or wear at least 60 sun block. We arrived on Saturday and our wedding was Thursday. By Thursday, I was peeling bad!! But the photographer said he will photoshop it thank god.

We hired a Marcia E. Roberts and got Denis and Cleopatra. They were phenomenal! They took amazing photos which I will get soon (and yes I will post them) and a photobook. Denis is actually born in Jamaica but has been living in Toronto for most of his life. He does photography in Jamaica in the winter and in Toronto in the summer. They even stayed for drink and lunch with us. I would definitely recommend them.

Hotel: The hotel is first of all massive. Not suitable for senior or disabled person, since you have to walk a lot. But it also has a lot of plusâ€s. Since the hotel is big, there is great selection of restaurant (which Iâ€ll talk about later) you are never crowed either at the pool or beach or anywhere else. The rooms are fantastic! I had a room on the top floor and a breathtaking view of the ocean. The rooms are spacious with a beautiful bathroom. If you are with the royal golden (which you get upgraded to if you get married down there), you get coffee maker, pringles, beer and water. You also get a bathrobe, slippers and towel for the beach. Personally I though the room was great.

Pools: The pools are beautiful; the swim-up bar closed a bit too early for my liking. Itâ€s true that itâ€s hard to get chairs, since a lot of people reserve their chair well in advance…

Beach: The actual beach is very nice but this resort should be given 3 stars for the beach.  Although the water is a beautiful color, it shallow, even if you go far you will still touch the ground. The sand is very rocky is some parts. But still we spent a lot of time at the beach and had a great time.

Restaurants: First off, there are three buffets: the main for all courses, the beach one (lunch and snack) and one smaller buffet (all course). I recommend avoiding the main one. The food was okay and itâ€s very busy. The Small hidden one is called something like “palmaresâ€. We went there for two breakfasts and one supper and the food was great and it was less busy. For lunch you must go to the beach buffets where they serve the best Jerk chicken! I honestly ate it everyday!!

We tried ¾ restaurants. We ate twice at the Don Pablo (Fabulous) twice at the grill (Delicious) and once at the Japanese (The best for sure).  When arriving at the reason book all the restaurants right away and be sure to request the Japanese that cooks in front of you.

Also the beach buffet is where you can get snack between meals and at night there is a burger joint that cooks more than burger. Their burgers are actually delicious and cooked to order.

Nightlife: I actually enjoyed the nightlife at the Gran bahia. The terrace had after supper a live band then followed by a show of some sort at pueblo principe. The Micheal Jackson was the best.  They also have a sports bar, a karaoke bar and a dance bar. Went to all three a couple of times and had a blast!

Excursion: We did two: Ocho Rios shopping and Dunnâ€s river falls thought Gina from GBJP instead of Sunquest. I would definitely recommend both.

To summarized, we loved the place, our guests loved the place, I would recommend it and definitely go back!  I think I covered most of it, but feel free to ask questions,