Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

We're bringing our own down. We only have 2 tables, plus our table, so it's not that bad... We're bringing plastic vases down (that I dolled up with ribbon & jewels) so we don't have to worry about stuff breaking. We're not bringing table clothes or napkins though... it just seemed like too much. We DID manage to find awesome table runners at JYSK that will spruce the tables up a bit though :).

I just found the prices for centerpieces a little steep for what I was looking for... that's all.

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

On the subject of centrepieces, has anyone asked Chandlyn about the options they have available there?  Or is everyone just bringing their own?  Last email she sent, she told me that all of that decor stuff could be arranged once we arrived.

I've picked up some seashells and starfish, and a whole bunch of tea lights, but haven't really thought too much beyond that!  Has anyone priced out floral arrangements as centrepieces?  

Hey Ladies!!!

In regards to Photographers and having them included in your packages. I heard that those guys are Crap.

I came across A woman who lives in Jamaica.. her work is exquisite. She's fairly priced and Grand Bahia allows photographers on the premises with no extra cost.

Her name is Stacey Clarke ( photography)

She was recommended by a friend who used her services.

I can say that I have booked Stacey for next March. 

I hope this helps!

Heres her link: http://staceyclarkephotography.com/index2.php?v=v1

who told you they allow photographers with no cost? I was told I have to pay $75 for a pass for our photographer and he's from Jamaica or $20 for the pass if he doesn't go into any of the bars (?? go figure)  do you have an email with that in writing cuz I would definitely like to go back about that if you do!

Originally Posted by Dutchie600 View Post

Hey Ladies!!!

In regards to Photographers and having them included in your packages. I heard that those guys are Crap.

I came across A woman who lives in Jamaica.. her work is exquisite. She's fairly priced and Grand Bahia allows photographers on the premises with no extra cost.

Her name is Stacey Clarke ( photography)

She was recommended by a friend who used her services.

I can say that I have booked Stacey for next March. 

I hope this helps!

Heres her link: http://staceyclarkephotography.com/index2.php?v=v1

I was told that my photographer, who is from Jamaica, was $75 as well to get in on  a day pass 

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

who told you they allow photographers with no cost? I was told I have to pay $75 for a pass for our photographer and he's from Jamaica or $20 for the pass if he doesn't go into any of the bars (?? go figure)  do you have an email with that in writing cuz I would definitely like to go back about that if you do!

I was told that while there is no vendors fee to bring outside photographers into the resort, there is a $75 day pass that must be purchased.  It appears for the most part that this is a consistent message for most of us.

On another note I just bought these great little luggage tags to give to my guests.  I'm so pumped about them I thought I'd share a pic  

Flip flop luggage tag.jpg

That's a great idea Tris! I'm in the same boat where I really don't want to lug anymore stuff down! All the OOT stuff will be enough!  Our group is going to be small as well, so that might be manageable.  I was even thinking of taking the bridesmaids bouquets once they're done with them and using them as part of the centrepiece!

Originally Posted by tris View Post

We're bringing our own down. We only have 2 tables, plus our table, so it's not that bad... We're bringing plastic vases down (that I dolled up with ribbon & jewels) so we don't have to worry about stuff breaking. We're not bringing table clothes or napkins though... it just seemed like too much. We DID manage to find awesome table runners at JYSK that will spruce the tables up a bit though :).

I just found the prices for centerpieces a little steep for what I was looking for... that's all.

Ashley: Love the luggage tags! Have been checking those out myself! Any chance they're from a Canadian place that didn't charge you a ton of shipping? That's been my dilemna, trying to find a place that won't charge me what they're worth, just to ship them!

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

I was told that while there is no vendors fee to bring outside photographers into the resort, there is a $75 day pass that must be purchased.  It appears for the most part that this is a consistent message for most of us.

On another note I just bought these great little luggage tags to give to my guests.  I'm so pumped about them I thought I'd share a pic  

Flip flop luggage tag.jpg

On the subject of photographers, we managed to find a photographer from home who was willing to forgo all of the fees for enagement, rehearsal dinner, wedding and trash the dress sessions in exchange for travel.  That being said, they will be guests at the resort as well.  I didn't want to ask in case they tried to charge me extra, but as they are guests with us for the week, there can't possibly be a vendor fee right?

Hope all your planning is going well! :)

Oh I forgot to mention to you ladies that Vistaprint is having a huge sale online! Sale goes until April 14th. I was able to get 100 postcards, 25 magnets, 25 sheets of letterhead for welcome letters, a personalized stamp and 140 return labels that I'm going to try to paste on lip balm tubes. All of them are personalized and I only had to pay $26 for shipping! Definitely worth checking out!

Thanks lmarie!

BusyBee123: I bought them from Michaels Craft Store for $4 each, it's a pretty big chain.  As far as I can tell you can't purchase them from Michaels online, but I'm sure there must be one close to you seeing as how you live in Ontario.  They also have a sale on their fans right now, I bought 18 turquoise fans for $22.  I got them to put on the chairs for guests at the ceremony.  Also, if you keep your eye out sometimes they have really good coupons.  Right now they have a coupon to save 40% off of one wedding item and tomorrow there's a coupon to save $5 for every $25 spent (or something like that).  Here's their website if you want to have a look at their deals, flyer, and other wedding items http://www.michaels.com/