Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

The times are a little crazy, I can't imagine 11am!  We are getting married at 2:30...and I was a little worried about the time in between but I figure it will give everyone an opportunity to get refreshed and just relax a bit until dinner, and its giving us time to do lots of pictures.  Our photographer is actually planning to take us to the local town outside of the resort to get pictures taken since we have extra time, I'm so excited!  I've been to state-side weddings with 3 and 4 hr wait times in between...it sucked because there was nothing to do in between but go back to your hotel room and wait, at least here they are at the resort so they can eat, drink, relax...swim- whatever they want for a few hours.  I wouldn't stress too much about it :) Maybe you could plan something fun?  Like some sort of game..scavenger hunt or something around the resort?  Or just plan on telling ppl to meet for afternoon cocktails and snacks around 3 at one of the bars and just hang out with ppl until dinner.

Also- Have you tried contacting the assistant wedding planner, Donnalee?  She responds pretty quickly.  I submitted my paperwork today and she replied within a few hours to let me know they had received it.  Her email address is assistantweddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com Good luck!

Yah I am calling Chandlyn tonight when I'm done work and see what I can do hope to stil get a good time of day and restaurant.

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

Same thing happened to me.  The flight dates changed so we had to change our wedding date.  I would just call them and ask what available dates they have.  Thats what I did and it really helped putting my mind at ease rather then waiting for an email!

Hey Mkanabr, 

My wedding isn't until Jan 11 2012! We have a long way to go! We just finally got the date, gazebo for the ceremony, Dolce Vita for the dinner, the gazebo for the reception + bar and the steel drums booked.  Then I realized I had no idea where to go from there! I felt like I should still be keeping in daily contact with Chandlyn or Donnalee as I have been for the last few weeks, but realized I was right out of questions! lol!

We've got some of the stuff for our OOT bags already, our wedding website is up to date, we have a photographer, my dress is hanging in the closet, and we have some small decor items.  We're working with our TA to accommodate all the guest requests and our save the dates came in today!!!  We've still got guys and bridesmaids attire to go, which has been a challenge so far!

That's a good tip about organizing flowers early! I've heard from a few people than Jan's Flowers has been much less expensive than Tai Flora.  Are they easy enough to work with and willing to create arrangements and bouquets from pictures?  I'm guessing they take care of all of the delivery and have worked with the Gran Bahia before?  Perhaps I'll send them an email.  

Sounds like you've been much craftier than I, sewing and everything! I'm impressed! Although I have to admit I'm more interested in checking out this shopping website you sent! lol!   

Take care! 

Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post

BusyBee-  When is your wedding?  I started contacting Jan's Flowers about 8 mos in advance to work out what exactly I wanted.  I've been emailing back and forth with them since then to pin point what I wanted and what they can do.  It's been kind've nice bc I've been so indecisive about what I wanted.  So they have been patient with me and now, finally I am going to send in my deposit to confirm everything this wknd (3.5 mos out).  If you are considering the steel drum band or other music you may want to confirm that.

Other than that there wasn't much to confirm with the resort, but I was just like you thinking what do I do now??  So here's what I've done leading up to this point: I spent a lot of time working on our wedding website to make sure it had a ton of info for our guests (about the resort, travel arrangements, our TA, and Jamaica in general), found a reliable travel agent to work with that everyone could book through from all around the country, nailed down a photographer, made and designed our passport save the dates, searched for invitations and got them orderd, started planning our OOT bags and began buying stuff for them, designed our monogram, designed luggage tags for everyone that will be sent out a few weeks prior to departure.   Currently, I'm trying to nail down the guys outfits (I think that is almost done with...thank goodness) and getting the bridesmaids dresses ordered.  And my latest DIY is sewing passport covers for everyone which will be sent out with the luggage tags and pre-trip letter.  I need things to keep me busy or I start to worry that I'm forgetting stuff!  Oh and for the past year I have spent way to much time and $$ on ideeli buying amazingly cute dresses and shoes etc for Jamaica lol. I am obsessed with that site and keep thinking...well I NEED that dress for Jamaica! Even though I now have a closet full and my fiance is starting to catch on to my addiction haha!!  (if you've never been on there here's an invitation link: www.ideeli.com/invite/mekanabr)

Did I miss anything major that you other ladies have been doing?  I am starting to reach the semi freak out OMG its only a few months away stage...and I'm worried I am forgetting stuff! Eek! woot.gif

Its shocking how quickly they book up!  When I contacted them a few weeks ago about January 2012, I could not believe that they only had one date left the week we were travelling!

We're also in a similar situation that our travel with Sunquest has been booked and our guests are slowly putting down their deposits, but we've been told the date and time are subject to change!  Very frustrating! I'm just praying it doesn't affect our wedding date! 

I also recommend contacting Donnalee - she usually responds within a few hours.  She's definitely around, because I've already heard from her twice today! Good luck!

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

Yah I am calling Chandlyn tonight when I'm done work and see what I can do hope to stil get a good time of day and restaurant.

I am checking about the fuel surcharge it's around 148 but I can get a 11th person free so I could divide it up amongst the guests and bring it down a bit more to around 1295. I also heard back froma nother agent that also said 1295 taxes included. Going after tonight to them both and I hav ALOT of questions. Then after that I am going to try chandyln or her assistant nice tip mekanbr. You guys are awesome

I'm getting SO EXCITED!!

We leave for Jamaica in 18 days!!!!!!!!!! I feel like i have been planning FOREVER!  I'll be at the resort from April 19-26, which of you girls will be there at the same time- i can't remember....

Also, i'm going to Couples Swept Away for my honeymoon April 26-May 3. Will anyone coincidentally be there too?

I'm trying so hard to not stress about everything, i know by the time we get there things will work out great. Our best man only JUST bought his ticket a couple days ago, and then the day after the return flight filled up. And still, another groomsman hasn't got his ticket yet. Why is it men are so irresponsible?

I went for a makeup lesson (and somehow spent $100 on 2 lip glosses and a lipstick eek.gif ) and bought a new bathing suit yesterday. I'm told that a bride should have a white suit, and i needed a strapless one so i wont get tan lines before the big day. Hopefully everything else will fall into place and our trip will be amazing....

Best of luck to you! You must be so excited!! I hope your day is wonderful :)

Originally Posted by schayer View Post

Hi Ladies,

Just finishing packing my suitcase since we are leaving tomorrow!!! I'll post my review and pictues when we come back.

Happy planning!!

Stephanie