Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Yah I could see that she gave you what you wanted after all that. So did you just send her your CC info in a email or what?

Originally Posted by tris View Post

After we got screwed with the date I think she decided it was a good idea to just give me what I wanted, haha.

I don't understand why they wouldn't want our money???

She sent me a the CC form. I'm sure if you just ask her to send you the form she'll do it.

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

Yah I could see that she gave you what you wanted after all that. So did you just send her your CC info in a email or what?

Thanks tris and mekanabr for posting your email question and answers from Chandlyn! Very helpful

tris, thanks for your response, your sunset pics will be beautiful! I'm hoping to get some of them too.

I'm glad you got your date and time figured out. I have not asked yet if there are any other weddings on my date yet, Im not sure if I want to know because if there is another one or two I think I would stress out about it!

Originally Posted by tris View Post

lmaire - We originally had booked May.3rd, then we found that flights were significantly more expensive that week and if we went 1 week earlier we'd save a lot of money for us and our guests. So we changed our day to April 28th @ 4:00pm. Everything was confirmed with Beverly, the trips were all booked, and then I get an email from my TA saying "are you sure this is your wedding day? I spoke to Beverly and it's already booked". So I freak out, email Beverly immediately and I get a reply a few days later saying "Please find that the day has been double booked by my assistant (Chandlyn) and the other couple has already paid their deposit, we are able to switch your wedding over to 1:00pm. I replied that I didn't want 1:00pm (I'm seriously not a morning person and I was looking forward to having the day to relax & get ready). I also sent her the email where she confirmed our day. I quickly got a reply saying that because of the situation the minister agreed to stay later and we could do our wedding at 6:00 (sunset) that day.

So, this is why I was so adament about everyone paying their deposit. We kept asking but they kept saying "it's okay, you don't need to pay it yet". After all of this happened we sent them CC info whether they wanted it or not we were paying our deposit.

Kind of sucky that there MAY be 3 weddings my wedding day because of it, but I got the restaurant I wanted and in the end sunset will be better than 4:00. :)

I talked to our agent today and she said that the rates she's seeing are what you quoted below so they did go up. Our original quote from Transat was $1500 but Sunquest had a deal and we got a price match from Transat with Sunquest.  I don't know the ins and outs or how they do it. When she gets your quotes for Sunwing and Sunquest, if they're good, ask if she'll go back to Transat for a price match.  I know low season is until Dec 15th so I would just keep pushing to find a lower rate. That's what I did. I just kept pushing and went to several different agents. try 1travel2000 or selloff vacations and keep after your travel agent. if they want the business they'll keep looking for you. if our rate wasn't good, I'd still be looking. we wouldn't be giving the pricing to our guests yet so just keep at it.

This is the email I got from belair travel the prices are ridiculous still even for the group rate. I agree with you even if I am going a week later the price still should be similar. These prices are ridiculous. I know I am asking alot but may I have the name of the travel agent your using and possibly the phone number because the two agents I have had look for me came no where near the prices your getting. Pretty please I would really sincerely appreciate it. Also did your air miles get you that better rate of 1250? maybe that's why my quotes are all so high.

Hi Wanda,

I had submitted the group rate request with Sunwing Vacations which offers a departure on November 20th, but have not yet heard back from them.

Sunquest and Air Transat Holidays have a departure on November 19th.  Transat is the one that offers the Royal Club Golden.  They are the only ones who have replied to my group request (see bellow).

Here are the prices for just the 2 of you (not a group rate):

Sunwing: 20NOV

$1535 inc tax per person Junior Suite

Sunquest: 19NOV

$1490 inc tax per person Junior Suite

Transat Holidays: 19NOV

Junior Suite on request

$1640 Royal Club Golden

As mentioned above, Transat Holidays was the only one who provided me with a group rate so far:

Transat Holidays: 19NOV *GROUP RATE: minimum 10 passengers

$1530 Junior Suite

$1599 Royal Club Golden

Flight times are still to be advised.  We will know more as to the flight times at a later date.

I should have the group rates with Sunquest and Sunwing before the end of the day tomorrow, and I will send you the details.

We will match any competitorâ€s price, so if you have a lower price, please let me know and I will see what we can do to match it, if not even beat it.

Thanks,

I guess I will keep pushing.All of the agents I have dealt with in person or on the internet are all giving me roughly the same prices 1493 to 1600 which Is too much so I will keep waiting I'm just so anxious I feel like If I don't book my guests won't take it seriously even though my wedding date is already set.

Also to ALL of the lovely ladies that have responded your help is much appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked to our agent again just a while ago and she said she is seeing the rates steadily climbing, so they are up again today. she said we got our rate just in time or we would have been much higher. as it is, our single rate is $1725 so I know of a couple of people in our group that won't like that number. they'll either have to find a roommate or put up and shut up. that's a $500 difference just to be alone in the room!!

I guess I will keep pushing.All of the agents I have dealt with in person or on the internet are all giving me roughly the same prices 1493 to 1600 which Is too much so I will keep waiting I'm just so anxious I feel like If I don't book my guests won't take it seriously even though my wedding date is already set.

Also to ALL of the lovely ladies that have responded your help is much appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!