Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

BusyBee123, what is Donnalees email address? Maybe I should start emailing her instead of Chandlyn, because I have been waiting to hear back from Chandlyn on a few questions that I have, for a while now.

we're close to Hamilton too but work in Toronto.  it's Marlin Travel that we're dealing with so any office should be able to help you out.  they're the ones that do the air miles certificates to help you reduce your price too so it's a double bonus.  no guarantee that the rate will be the same if you're leaving later, but it should be fairly close I would think.  good luck!!

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

I'm flying out of Toronto too, I'm not far from Hamilton. That is a wicked price I am planning on leaving sunday but could leave saturday I am staying for two weeks so it really doesn't matter if it's saturday or sunday. The travel agents (2) I have been dealing with all use sunwing and the price hasn't come near what your getting. I am going to try and go online today and look for an agent that deals with Transat.

Her email is assistantweddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com.  She's been great with me! Good luck!

Originally Posted by lmarie View Post

BusyBee123, what is Donnalees email address? Maybe I should start emailing her instead of Chandlyn, because I have been waiting to hear back from Chandlyn on a few questions that I have, for a while now.

Thanks. Its funny that as soon as I wrote you asking for her email, Chandlyn actually wrote me back!

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 View Post

Her email is assistantweddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com.  She's been great with me! Good luck!

lmarie,

No we did not pay for a private reception. When you get the Dolce Vita restaurant you essentially get a private reception. When you walk into that restaurant you basically have the main dinning area directly in front of you. Then off to the right hand side is this separate little room. When we had our al a carte dinner there this section was "open" to the public, but it was definitely closed off for our reception dinner. 

Busybee

I would recommend the Dolce Vita (Italian). The set up is more closed off, so even if you dont get the room that I got (but I am pretty positive that that is always the rm weddings get) you will still have a more private feel then the Grill. The grill was completely open, so I dont think you would get the sense of privacy that the Dolce offers....When you are looking at the pix of the Grill it shows all the tables kinda in a row. This is all on the "main" floor. Then there is a big platform, maybe 2-3 steps up that has more seating. I personally felt that it was too open, and I didnt want that....

I emailed everything to email and nothing was notarized....I confirmed that this was ok before I did it and I didnt have any problems. And I got my certificate within 6 wks, so it clearly didnt cause any issues at the processes office. I did have to bring the originals down with me and they photocopy them there.

Thanks StephAli for the information, I think I definately want to go with Dolce Vita !

Originally Posted by StephAli View Post

lmarie,

No we did not pay for a private reception. When you get the Dolce Vita restaurant you essentially get a private reception. When you walk into that restaurant you basically have the main dinning area directly in front of you. Then off to the right hand side is this separate little room. When we had our al a carte dinner there this section was "open" to the public, but it was definitely closed off for our reception dinner. 

Busybee

I would recommend the Dolce Vita (Italian). The set up is more closed off, so even if you dont get the room that I got (but I am pretty positive that that is always the rm weddings get) you will still have a more private feel then the Grill. The grill was completely open, so I dont think you would get the sense of privacy that the Dolce offers....When you are looking at the pix of the Grill it shows all the tables kinda in a row. This is all on the "main" floor. Then there is a big platform, maybe 2-3 steps up that has more seating. I personally felt that it was too open, and I didnt want that....

I emailed everything to email and nothing was notarized....I confirmed that this was ok before I did it and I didnt have any problems. And I got my certificate within 6 wks, so it clearly didnt cause any issues at the processes office. I did have to bring the originals down with me and they photocopy them there.

Thanks so much for all of the info StephAli! I really appreciate it!  For the privacy alone, I think Dolce Vita will be a better option!  

Originally Posted by StephAli View Post

lmarie,

Busybee

Imarie, 

Of course she did! Seems like Chandlyn is like that...she gets back to you when you least expect it! At least you've got it as a fallback for next time! :)

Whoa. I got a response from Chandlyn in one day!! First time EVER!  :)  Here are the questions and her replies, hopefully it helps someone :)

We would like to change to the free package.  We are going to have a minimum of 40 guests and the free package makes more sense for us as we do not need the extras included in the blissful love package.  Do we need to make any sort of deposit for that package since it is free (besides the minsters fees)?No deposit will be required for the Free Package

Could you please provide me with a map of the resort lay out so that I can send it to my guests in advance?  Please see attached  --So she attached a map, but it's only a drawing with numbers, the bottom half with the descriptions of everything wasn't there...so I guess I'll try again!

Also, if possible, could you please provide me with a play list of the steel band, or the contact information for the steel band so I can confirm if they are able to play the songs that we would like during our ceremony? I will obtain one and send to you.   --This is the 2nd time I've asked for this, so if I actually get it I'll share with you all!

For the dinner, if we have guests with dietary restrictions, do you need to know that in advance or just let you know when we meet at the resort?You may inform us when you get here

I was wondering if it was possible for the chef to make cupcakes?  And if so, what flavors and for what cost? This will need to be outsourced. You may contact Sheila's Homemade at movery34@yahoo.com for pricing

Could you also please send me the 2011 menu selections?  I only have the 2010 and I'm not sure if they have been updated or not.  They are the same

I am waiting for our birth certificates to arrive in the mail, then should I fax them to you or email?  What is your preferred method?Email is better

We will not be needing the brides bouquet or grooms boutenniere that is included in the package, is it possible instead to get an arrangement for the head table?This can be arranged

I am bringing with me decorations for the gazebo for the reception after dinner.  Are we responsible for setting up the decorations or will you handle this?We will assist  Also, do you have a helium tank to blow up baloons? We do not have a helium tank available.   (dangit! I found these really cool balloons to put around the gazebo at night that have lights in them...sounds tacky but they look so neat! oh well.

Could you please tell me the colors that are available for chair sashes?  We would like hot pink and orange if possible.These are available.

Is there transportation available to the gazebo before the ceremony? We transport the bridal party

Last question, I am just curious if there are any other weddings on our day?  July 23, 2011. We have one more wedding so far.

Thanks for posting these.  They helped me a lot!!

Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post

Whoa. I got a response from Chandlyn in one day!! First time EVER!  :)  Here are the questions and her replies, hopefully it helps someone :)

We would like to change to the free package.  We are going to have a minimum of 40 guests and the free package makes more sense for us as we do not need the extras included in the blissful love package.  Do we need to make any sort of deposit for that package since it is free (besides the minsters fees)?No deposit will be required for the Free Package

Could you please provide me with a map of the resort lay out so that I can send it to my guests in advance?  Please see attached  --So she attached a map, but it's only a drawing with numbers, the bottom half with the descriptions of everything wasn't there...so I guess I'll try again!

Also, if possible, could you please provide me with a play list of the steel band, or the contact information for the steel band so I can confirm if they are able to play the songs that we would like during our ceremony? I will obtain one and send to you.   --This is the 2nd time I've asked for this, so if I actually get it I'll share with you all!

For the dinner, if we have guests with dietary restrictions, do you need to know that in advance or just let you know when we meet at the resort?You may inform us when you get here

I was wondering if it was possible for the chef to make cupcakes?  And if so, what flavors and for what cost? This will need to be outsourced. You may contact Sheila's Homemade at movery34@yahoo.com for pricing

Could you also please send me the 2011 menu selections?  I only have the 2010 and I'm not sure if they have been updated or not.  They are the same

I am waiting for our birth certificates to arrive in the mail, then should I fax them to you or email?  What is your preferred method?Email is better

We will not be needing the brides bouquet or grooms boutenniere that is included in the package, is it possible instead to get an arrangement for the head table?This can be arranged

I am bringing with me decorations for the gazebo for the reception after dinner.  Are we responsible for setting up the decorations or will you handle this?We will assist  Also, do you have a helium tank to blow up baloons? We do not have a helium tank available.   (dangit! I found these really cool balloons to put around the gazebo at night that have lights in them...sounds tacky but they look so neat! oh well.

Could you please tell me the colors that are available for chair sashes?  We would like hot pink and orange if possible.These are available.

Is there transportation available to the gazebo before the ceremony? We transport the bridal party

Last question, I am just curious if there are any other weddings on our day?  July 23, 2011. We have one more wedding so far.

Felt it right to share the responses I've gotten from her as well.. maybe they'll help someone... WHY WILL THEY NOT SEND ANYONE OF US A LIST OF THE STEEL DRUM BAND SONGS?!?!

I've heard through the grapevine that Beverly is no longer with GBP and you're taking over as the new wedding planner. I just wanted to confirm that everything is still standing for our wedding. Everything is still as planned with her I sent scans of our long form birth certificates a few weeks back and I want to confirm that those were received. We have received, thanks. There were also a few notes on our file regarding aspects of our wedding. Including:

- a preference for the Italian restaurant for our dinner (we understand that this will be decided a few weeks prior and we will be notified)We will confirm at a later date
- a sweetheart table (just the 2 of us) for our dinner This can be arranged.
- dinner at 7:30 We will arrange
- we are bringing our own photographer and do not require the resort photographer, Beverly discussed with us that because of this we would be given some perks on other aspects depending on our wedding package This can be confirmed when you get here.
- we choose the middle package (blissful love it's called if I'm not mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong, it was $1100) This is for US1350.00
- we are getting married at the gazebo, our wedding colours for decoration are turquoise/aqua, light brown (we are okay with white decor as well) Thanks for the information
- we have the steel drum band booked for our ceremony Confirmed

Thanks so much! There's probably something I forgot, I just wanted to send this off and make sure everything is still alright. I know we had some trouble earlier with our time being double booked (originally at 4:00), so I'm overly cautious of everything now it seems :) We will do our best to ensure that all goes well.

And then this is the 2nd email I got back from her:

Firstly, you mentioned that the restaurant would be chosen closer to my wedding day. I'm wondering if when we know what restaurant, whether our preferred choice the Italian, or another restaurant, you would be able to send me the menu?Please see attached menus. I have requested the Dolce vita for your wedding dinner I'm having everything printed and brought with us so if I could have the menu information that would be wonderful.

Secondly, I don't know if you have this on file, but my grandfather who is attending the wedding and very dear to my heart is in a wheelchair. I just want to confirm that everything will be accessible for him in regards to the wedding, the dinner, and his room. We were assured the hotel was handicap accessible upon booking :)
The hotel is wheel chair accessible so your grandfather will be able to get around the hotel

Thirdly, For the steel drum band, Beverly had mentioned giving me a CD or a song list of the songs they play so we could decide on what song would play when I walked down the aisle. Is this possible?I will obtain a list of songs from the band and get back to you.

And lastly, we would like to bring a gift for you for your services. Is there anything from Canada that you would like? We've been told lotions, bath salts, etc, but I thought I'd ask.Lotion or perfume would ok,thanks