Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

oh my gosh. step away for a couple of days and the world just passes you by!!!

love the updates from everyone. it's nice to be kept in the loop on things. thanks to all.

first of all, the flowers are gorgeous, both of you!!!  if anyone wants to volunteer to do mine, I'd take about a millisecond to say yes. lol  Michaels has nice stuff like that??? wow.

we're using Tai Flora. our total shouldn't be more than $200 is what I've been told. my bouquet is free (I think. I'm still deciding on that one) but we only need a FG posey (she's only 4), a MOH bouquet, one MIL wrist corsage and 3 bouts. plus we're doing sand separately that is $70 and I think we're also doing a fresh flower cake top. TBD on that one. I was told if we don't take the free bouquet you get $25 towards whatever else you want. but I defintely was never told about a vendors fee so there better not even be one!!!!  you'll hear me holler all the way back here from Jamaica!!!

as to the judges fees, I was never told that tax was extra. now they're taxable????  the packages that include the judge and licence fees - note at the bottom of your info package that they "incur a tax rate of 16%". that's fine. if I have to pay tax, I pay tax. but why separately does the free package have judge fees of only 10%, not the 16% as with the other packages, when you don't even pay the judge fees directly with the higher priced packages anyway??????

did anyone decide about a first dance yet?  we aren't sure about doing the gazebo thing yet. we might be as many as 16 but still not sure if its worth paying for the gazebo. if we don't has anyone heard if the dj in the disco at least clears the dance floor for you?? don't know if I'm in the mood to share the floor on that one....

we're doing the Grill restaurant, not the Italian. someone said something on my comment about it, but got it mixed up. I've confirmed the Grill already with Chandlyn for November. we have too many meat lovers in our group to go with pasta. but my comment was maybe since the Italian is really small, maybe that's why they won't confirm???  maybe the Grill is larger??? I haven't been there so don't know.

now. final bit of info. for those of you doing late in the year like us (November). we got a quote yesterday from our TA. upgrade to royal golden for everyone, tons of little extras. $1250 all in. taxes, fuel surcharges. the works. we're going with it. it's too damned good to pass up, plus we can use air miles to pay it off. means we could technically get it for 850 bucks each with the air miles certs. so hopefully it means I'll be able to start posting numbers here soon!!!!!

I'm really getting anxious to start hearing back from all the ladies that are april and may. just the reassurance that everything goes smoothly is good for the rest of us that are sitting back biting our nails off!!!  jk.  can't wait to see a bunch more pics!!!

our countdown is now 7 and a half months!!!

Hi, acw271011

The tax thing doesn't make sense to me either.

Also the 1250 is a great price Ihave been hoping for 1300. Can you tell me how you got the price I would book now too. I've also been waiting for the prices to go down. I would really really appreciate it

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

oh my gosh. step away for a couple of days and the world just passes you by!!!

love the updates from everyone. it's nice to be kept in the loop on things. thanks to all.

first of all, the flowers are gorgeous, both of you!!!  if anyone wants to volunteer to do mine, I'd take about a millisecond to say yes. lol  Michaels has nice stuff like that??? wow.

we're using Tai Flora. our total shouldn't be more than $200 is what I've been told. my bouquet is free (I think. I'm still deciding on that one) but we only need a FG posey (she's only 4), a MOH bouquet, one MIL wrist corsage and 3 bouts. plus we're doing sand separately that is $70 and I think we're also doing a fresh flower cake top. TBD on that one. I was told if we don't take the free bouquet you get $25 towards whatever else you want. but I defintely was never told about a vendors fee so there better not even be one!!!!  you'll hear me holler all the way back here from Jamaica!!!

as to the judges fees, I was never told that tax was extra. now they're taxable????  the packages that include the judge and licence fees - note at the bottom of your info package that they "incur a tax rate of 16%". that's fine. if I have to pay tax, I pay tax. but why separately does the free package have judge fees of only 10%, not the 16% as with the other packages, when you don't even pay the judge fees directly with the higher priced packages anyway??????

did anyone decide about a first dance yet?  we aren't sure about doing the gazebo thing yet. we might be as many as 16 but still not sure if its worth paying for the gazebo. if we don't has anyone heard if the dj in the disco at least clears the dance floor for you?? don't know if I'm in the mood to share the floor on that one....

we're doing the Grill restaurant, not the Italian. someone said something on my comment about it, but got it mixed up. I've confirmed the Grill already with Chandlyn for November. we have too many meat lovers in our group to go with pasta. but my comment was maybe since the Italian is really small, maybe that's why they won't confirm???  maybe the Grill is larger??? I haven't been there so don't know.

now. final bit of info. for those of you doing late in the year like us (November). we got a quote yesterday from our TA. upgrade to royal golden for everyone, tons of little extras. $1250 all in. taxes, fuel surcharges. the works. we're going with it. it's too damned good to pass up, plus we can use air miles to pay it off. means we could technically get it for 850 bucks each with the air miles certs. so hopefully it means I'll be able to start posting numbers here soon!!!!!

I'm really getting anxious to start hearing back from all the ladies that are april and may. just the reassurance that everything goes smoothly is good for the rest of us that are sitting back biting our nails off!!!  jk.  can't wait to see a bunch more pics!!!

our countdown is now 7 and a half months!!!

Originally Posted by katelynn View Post

The minister fee is $200.

The meal is $25 per person pass 16 people

The gazebo rental is $500 for 2 hours....we are doing it from 830-1030, however if you want a bartender down there is $15 per person. We are just going to pay the bartender and bring down some booze and mixes, we did this in Cuba and got a bottle of rum for like $5-10 as I cant see paying that much for a bartender. If you want to reserve the gazebo you have to email Beverly to let her know.

So...even will all of this its cheaper then the $1500 package, which worked out nice for me.

I also got a quote from Jans today and its amazing so I thought I would share!

6 bouts, 3 crosages, 3 bm, my bouquet is only $220...I think I might also ask about centrepieces as it might be better than lugging them down!

How much is the legal fees/minister fee? I was told 400 has it gone up?

Did anyone have any luck with just buying bottles of alcohol for their reception on the gazebo?

I don't have any info about buying bottles of liquor from the resort but I was thinking the other day about the duty free shops at the Airport.  I haven't been to Jamaica before so I don't know how much the alcohol is there, but I would assume you could prob get some good deals there.  And since you aren't taking them out of the country, there shouldn't be any kind of limit (like there would be when you return).  I am hoping that when we land we can go to the duty free shops and pick up a bunch of champagne so we have enough at the toast and for dinner and to give some bottles to a few of our guests who are using this trip as their honeymoon (I don't want to have to buy it from the resort where it's prob more expensive). 

Does anyone know about the duty free shops at the airport who has maybe been there before?

Hello everyone,

I'm a Newbie that occasionally brings my head above the water to try and complete these wedding plans, but have the unfortunate task of trying to finish nursing school as well as work part time to help pay for this wedding.  My wedding is in August 2011, but have had to delegate until i could grasp things.  Two more weeks until school is over, but concerned about certain things i see when i try to catch up.  Doing the free wedding package and automatically knew i would be paying for additional guests.  However, is the additional price $25 or $20.  Also, concerned about distance from buildings because have some seniors attending and walking distance may be too much.  Finally, if we don't stay for the 7 nights, what is the penalty?  At some point will get it together!!woot.gif

the price is through our travel agent. it's transat out of toronto and includes the upgrade for everyone to the royal golden. $1250 is a great price so we're booking it.

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride View Post

Hi, acw271011

The tax thing doesn't make sense to me either.

Also the 1250 is a great price Ihave been hoping for 1300. Can you tell me how you got the price I would book now too. I've also been waiting for the prices to go down. I would really really appreciate it

I was told from Beverly right when I started planning that there is no outside vendor fee, so hopefully that hasn't changed.  That was one of the reasons I liked GBP bc they didn't charge outrageous fees like some of the other resorts (Sandals especially!)

The fee per person after 16 with the free package is $25.  And I have heard that it the gazebo is quite far but you might be able to arrange to have people driven to the site for a small fee (I think it was $10 or something for brides & parents to be driven down if it isn't included in your package).  Not sure about the 7 night stay penalty..you'll have to ask Chandlyn about that one.  Good luck with planning, your wedding is coming up soon too!