Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Welcome to all the new brides on here...everytime I come back there is more of us which is amazing!!

I am also interested in seeing the new packages for 2011 as I am scratching my head that they are cheaper...can you send them to me at kfairful@alumni.uoguelph.ca or copy and paste them on the thread as I am sure we are all interested in seeing this.

I have had a crazy week and have found myself ranting a lot lately to my FI and mom...I was even called a Bridezilla by them!! lol Our travel agent as she has over charged some of our guests and I had to argue with her to refund them, then about the room bookings, and reserving the restaurants for our wedding dinner...she told me that the new tower that just opened is only for NON golden people and they take preference for Air Canada travellers...this doesnt make sense to me as Golden you have to pay more for an older room? who the heck knows!! I have decided to calm down and not worry about it anymore and that everything will be fine on here like everyone has said..the wine I am now drinking may also be helping this too! haha

Okay ladies, I've attached the new wedding packages.  I've also emailed them to anyone who requested.  I just noticed now that they all say 2012 so I'm not sure if you can use them if your wedding is in 2011...maybe check with Chandlyn.  I'm getting married in January 2012 so it doesn't affect me, but I know some of you are getting married this year so just double check.  If anyone can't open them but still would like a copy just send me your email and I'd be happy to share!

FREE WEDDING Package 2012.doc

Blissful love Wedding Package 2012.doc

Remember PACKAGE 2012.doc

Sunshine Wedding Package 2012.doc

Unforgettable Wedding package 2012.doc

Stacey, thanks for the tips!  I actually had my card number stolen a couple months ago so I'm sure they'll definitely be tracking it even closer now.  It's great to hear what we should have cash for because I'm not really one for carry too much cash around.  And yes you're right, I am talking about the Gran Bahia in Jamaica  lol!  I was also thinking about getting the blissful pkg for $1350, but the new price is only $650 so I'm definitely sold now :)  Did you have any additional entertainment (i.e. steel drum band, field hat dancers, etc)?  If you did, was it worth the extra money?

I do have a photographer booked already but thanks for the suggestion.  I'm using Paula and Damian from Sungold Photography, I've fallen in love with their work...but it's costing me an arm and a leg.  Oh well, as the FI says "we're only doing it once"  lol!

Originally Posted by stacey33 View Post

AShley, that is great your price for your package is that cheap. We paid $1350 for our blissful package and we married 2 weeks ago. Im jealoud.
Im assuming you are talking about the gran bahia resort. Lol.

Just make sure to contact your credit card company if you plan on using it in jamaica. Most companies will put a hold on yer card thinking it was stolen. Plus there is anywhere from a 1-3% fee for every trandaction. Chair ties have to be paid by cash if you choose them for your quests.

Do you have a photographer yet? If not cheak out Brian Nejedly. www.briandesign.com. I used him and loved everything about him and his work.

Good luck!

I'm not really sure, but I'll definitely take it!  So far I've noticed that the minister fees are cheaper and there are some restrictions on things like the spa discount.  I haven't had a close enough look to find all the differences yet but I don't think it's anything major.

Originally Posted by tris View Post

The packages went DOWN in price? How is that possible?

Thanks for posting the packages!  I am definitely curious about the new prices since they are half the price!  I guess I'll wait for Chandlyn to reply to my other email (which I sent almost 2 months ago lol) and then ask her about the new prices!  They are awesome and would def be nice since we want to get the steel drum band!

I have a relative getting married at a Gran Bahia resort in Mexico and there wedding packages went down in price to.  I wonder if maybe its a way to attract more people?

Originally Posted by lmarie View Post

Thanks Ashley for the email. I wonder why the prices have gone down?

I agree with jaykay, it may be a way to attract more people.  I think it also has something to do with the dinner reception now being included in the all inclusive feature whereas before they made you pay for the dinner reception.  Perhaps they received a lot of complaints about people having to pay extra for the dinner even though food is included in "all inclusive" and decided to change it.

Originally Posted by lmarie View Post

Thanks Ashley for the email. I wonder why the prices have gone down?