Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Hi acw271011

I have read some bad reviews about the hotel, the service, the beach and other things too. But any place or hotel that you visit or you go in the world, you will always hear some bad things. I have heard many wonderful things about the hotel too. Especially from brides who have been married there, And for every bad review you read, theres also a glowing one from people who have been there before, so I'm sure your time at the hotel and your wedding will be wonderful and all of your guests will have a great time. Try not to be worried about it :)

Originally Posted by acw271011 View Post

I have a question maybe someone can answer??  soontobemrsdow - you may be the resident expert now! lol  one of the people that is planning to attend our wedding in november read some really negative comments about the beach at GBPJ. I looked up the site she was on and sure enough - there are some comments that are pretty awful. some about the food and a few about how the beach is rocky and full of seaweed and ugly, etc  now I'm worried. I really want the people that attend our wedding to have a good time, but if the beach sucks then that doesn't work. same deal about the food. any comments from anyone???  thanks a ton!!

Hey Ashley490,

When did you send that email to Chandlyn? I sent her one confirm that everything was okay with Bev gone and her taking over and I haven't heard back. We are getting close 40 days until the wedding!! I'm just wondering what was your turn around time?

Originally Posted by ashley490 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I just received an email back from Chandlyn with answers to a few of my questions.  I know some of these answers have already been posted on the thread but it's just easier to post the whole email :)  I'm pretty disappointed to hear that even if you pay the $2500 to rent out the whole restaurant you still have to pay the extra $15 per person per hour for the bar.  I'm also really sad that they won't substitute the photographer in the paid packages for something else.  I think I'm going to express my disappointment to my travel agent and see if she can help get me a substitution.  I'll keep you all posted if it works.

1) What exactly is the "mixed grill" from the Garden Grill menu option number 1?  The rest of option #1's contents sound delicious but I'd like to know more about the "mixed grill".  The mix grill is bits of pork, chicken and beef
2) Is it possible for the wedding cake to have different flavoured tiers (for example, bottom tier chocolate, middle tier vanilla, top tier coconut)? This is possible
3) Does the resort have a steamer for me and my bridal party to use? We have a vendor that comes in to do so at a cost of US90 for wedding dresses
4) I will be bringing my own photographers, is there a vendor's fee or anything that we would need to pay to bring these folks onto the property? You may purchase a day pass at a cost of US75 per person
5) I think we'll be getting either the sunshine or blissful love wedding package and see that there is photography included with those packages. Since we are bringing our own photographers can we get some type of discount/compensation for not using the resort's photographer? Unfortunately we will not be able to make any substitution to the packages
6) I'd like to arrange a group excursion.  Do you have any tour operators you could recommend and any excursions you could recommend that are good for a group?Once you get here we do have  tour room where you will be able to make plans for excursions.
7)  Do you have any information about Jamaican wedding favors that you can provide? We have available jamaican rum at a cost of US8 each.
8) We'd like to include a sand unity ceremony during the wedding.  Is this something the resort can provide or will I need to bring my own kit?You may bring your own or purchase from us at a cost of US50
9) Will the chair covers and colored ties be included in the decorations?  If not, what is the additional cost per chair? Chairs covers are included in the Blissful love and Sunshine packages. chair ties are US2.50
10) Do you use paper lanterns in any of the decorating? This is usually requested a private dinner and are sourced at an additional cost.
11) I've heard from other brides that the dancing after dinner can be done 2 ways, either at the restaurant if we reserve the whole restaurant or in the wedding gazebo.  Can you please let me know how much each option is?  Dinner at the restaurant is US2500 to close it for your group only. The gazebo is at a cost of US500 inclusive of DJ. Open bar for either locations is US15 per person per hour.
12) If we went with the wedding gazebo for the dance party are there tables and chairs set up for people to sit down if they want? We have chairs available

Chandlyn is using the wedding coordinator email now weddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com   I'm not sure if she is still checking the assistant email, but she's definitely using the wedding coordinator one

Originally Posted by lmarie View Post

ashley490, what email address is Chandlyn using? I would like to write her just to make sure everything is ok and that Bev passed along all of my wedding info to her. Thanks

Hi schayer,

I had originally sent that email Feb. 11 to the assistant wedding coordinator email, but when I started seeing on here that Bev was gone and Chandlyn was the new W.C I resent the email on Feb. 22 to the main W.C email and received a response back on Feb. 25.  That was by far the fastest turn around time I've had yet.  I hope Chandlyn continues to keep on top of the emails because I can't stand waiting weeks at a time for a response.  If it's been 5 business days with no response I usually resend the email again as that is what my travel agent had advised me to do.  It seems to be working so far.  Good luck!

Originally Posted by schayer View Post

Hey Ashley490,

When did you send that email to Chandlyn? I sent her one confirm that everything was okay with Bev gone and her taking over and I haven't heard back. We are getting close 40 days until the wedding!! I'm just wondering what was your turn around time?

Does anyone know if the $75 charge for bringing in an outside photographer to the resort would still apply if the photographer has a room booked for the night? 

I'd always been told there is no fee for outside vendors...when did that start? 

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

Does anyone know if the $75 charge for bringing in an outside photographer to the resort would still apply if the photographer has a room booked for the night? 

You may be able to cut a deal once you are there. When I met with Beverly and she gave me a discounted rate on the bar she had made a comment about waiting until the meet with you in person to go over prices....I wouldnt say to count on it, but I'm sure once you're there they will be more willing to deal....Good luck! :D