Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

I've never seen it advertised as one wedding a day, I think its a common misconception .... Beverly told me they usually do 2 weddings a day. 

Originally Posted by keriltz View Post

I thought there was only one wedding per day?  I am starting to see more and more brides say there is a wedding before or after them

Quote:
Originally Posted by akua420 View Post

I haven't booked the restaurant or anything like that.  I've only confirmed the package and the date.  I was under the impression you picked it when you got there, at least thats what beverly told me.  There is a bride getting married 2 hours after me, I hope she doesn't get first pick of everything, how mad would I be!1

I meant to say May 24th- June 3rd

Quote:

Yes we will be there May 27th - June 3rd and we are getting married May 27th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelynn View Post

It sounds like most of us will be there within a week or two of eachother in April & May. We should start a thing on when we are there so we know who is there at the same time...here are the dates I could find, if I am wrong please change them and if you know anyone else deffinately add yourself!

Tris       April 22nd-April 30th - wedding 28th

ehpage  April 24th-May 1st - wedding 26th

Kate      April 30th-May 7th - wedding 3rd

Missy    May 2nd-May 9th - wedding 7th

Kerlitz    May 24th - June 3rd - wedding ?

I am getting married on the same day as you....May 27th.  We are getting married early - at 11:00 a.m.

Yup, my flowers were included...

You can buy the bottles of alcohol and mixes, but she never gave me pricing, told me we would go over it once we got there....by that time I just figured screw it, we were saving enough money having a destination wedding and I really didnt want to have to worry about buying enough bottles, and mixing, etc. .... The good thing about Beverly is that you literally dont make any final decisions until you are there. I sent her in everything before hand and we literally sat down 2 days before the wedding and she asked me everything again and filled out her own forms. So dont feel like you have to make a decision now. Wait til you get there and check things out....

Are you in Canada?  I haven't seen the ether frame on the Umbra site in months, but I got mine at Urbane.com - it's a Canadian only site - not sure where you are, but if in Canada they still have them...

http://www.urbane.ca/detail.asp?product_id=UM-316194

I glued mine at home (made a mess, by the way! I'm not so good at DIY) and we are pouring the sand during our ceremony

Originally Posted by a084596 View Post

I can't find the sand frame on the umbra website.  Which Chapters did you see it at?

Do you use this frame at the actual ceremony or do you put this together at a later date?

Thanks

d

I've seen them at Party Packagers. They have a whole section of hawaiian themed party supplies, including palm trees, coconut drinking cups, candles etc...I'm thinking of the same thing for a home reception! Dollarama also has big baskets of shells, for $2! 

Originally Posted by akua420 View Post

Has any of you seen coconut candles cheap anywhere?  I want to get a bunch for my at home reception.

thanks for all the feedback, lots to consider and look into..... just confirmed my date this week for October 25 2011!! we're having it at 1pm, so i'm pretty excited, but pretty stressed too! i've read so many of you saying not to stress don't worry it all gets worked out when you get there, but oh i'm still stressing.  i feel like i have sooooo many questions to ask, but i can't get it together to think of what they actually are... i am also lookiong into merrick cousley for our photographer and his work looks so amazing and i was totally shocked at his prices!! they are so reasonable! anyways keep the info coming ladies and maybe i'll figure out the answers to the questions i can't think of by reading this!!!!

Hey Kerlitz,
I finally got a quote from Jan's Flowers and will be making that deposit today but have already made a deposit for Merrick Cousley. I thought it would be simple to show up at the bank with the account numbers he gave me and just wire the money but there's a pile of other information (inclding his personal address) and well as paperwork to make it go through at the bank so I ended up using PayPal and saving money compared to the bank fees!

So has anyone made there deposit for flowers (Jan's Flowers) or photographer (Merrick Cousley)  yet?  I am just wondering what is the best/easiest way to do it?  Can i just go to a bank?