Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Thanks for the heads up ehpage! We leave in 36 days...so we will keep our fingers crossed....

Originally Posted by ehpage View Post

Update from one of my clients who I just sent to this resort last week.. I asked them to have an overall look over the hotel cause I know there is construction going on there right now (they're building another wing to this property) They said the 2nd pool bar was closed the entire time they were there.. and the construction was pretty bad.. noisy and dusty.. Sure hope they get a move on this and get it finished up before we all head down for our weddings!!

As I get more feedback I will update you all. I've stayed here already so am not worried about the food or service.. what I am worried about is scaffolding etc in the background for photos.. When looking at the hotel from the beach (as showing in all photos) they are currently building a new wing to the left of the resort. Where the 2nd pool bar is, directl in front of it.. that would prob explain why the 2nd bar was closed the entire week..

Hi Ladies,

I am recently engaged and my FI and I are planning a destination wedding at this resort in January 2012.  I spent hours reading through all 57 pages of this thread and have fallen more in love with this resort!  I just have a few questions for everyone.

1. We spoke with our travel agent today and she said that she will not be able to confirm a flight schedule until probably July 2011.  I'm not sure if I should try to confirm a wedding date now, or if I should wait until we get the flight schedule and risk not being able to get a specific date and time?  What would you do?

2. I tried to send an email to an email address on the Gran Bahia Prinicipe Jamaica website which is supposed to be to the wedding coordinator but when I sent it I received a fail to deliver message.  Does someone have the right email address that they could share with me?

3. Is there a fee for using an outside vendor?  We don't want to use the resort photographer as pictures are super important to us!  Does anyone have a photographer they could recommend?

Thanks in advance for everyones help!  I feel so lost and don't know where to begin (I know I have tons of time still).  I am excited to be apart of this thread and start planning our dream wedding!  Happy Holidays to everyone! 

Hi JayKay...welcome to the thread!

You can try and contact beverly - her email is "Wedding Planner BPJAM" <weddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com>;  and her assistant Chandlyn is "assistantweddingplannerbpjam " <assistantweddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com>; . I have had better luck with her assistant as she is much faster at replying.

We booked about a year from our wedding date and we didnt know the exact date of the flight - however we had a narrow time range that we could go due to my schooling. If you are sent on a date I would talk to the wedding planners now to try and sercure it and then work with flights from the wedding co-ordinator as most are Sat-Sat.

There is no fee for using an outisde vendor and we are bringing our own photographer and have had no problems...as of yet!

Good luck with you planning!!!

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

Hi Ladies,

I am recently engaged and my FI and I are planning a destination wedding at this resort in January 2012.  I spent hours reading through all 57 pages of this thread and have fallen more in love with this resort!  I just have a few questions for everyone.

1. We spoke with our travel agent today and she said that she will not be able to confirm a flight schedule until probably July 2011.  I'm not sure if I should try to confirm a wedding date now, or if I should wait until we get the flight schedule and risk not being able to get a specific date and time?  What would you do?

2. I tried to send an email to an email address on the Gran Bahia Prinicipe Jamaica website which is supposed to be to the wedding coordinator but when I sent it I received a fail to deliver message.  Does someone have the right email address that they could share with me?

3. Is there a fee for using an outside vendor?  We don't want to use the resort photographer as pictures are super important to us!  Does anyone have a photographer they could recommend?

Thanks in advance for everyones help!  I feel so lost and don't know where to begin (I know I have tons of time still).  I am excited to be apart of this thread and start planning our dream wedding!  Happy Holidays to everyone! 

Hi JayKay, I am a January 2012 bride too!! We are getting married Jan 6th, 2012 at gran bahia principe Jamaica so we can probably share info and help eachother out :)

I booked my date with Beverly, she was very quick in responding. It just put my mind at ease that i for sure had the date booked!

talk to you soon

Erin

When you book a date with Beverly do you have to put a deposit?  I just don't want to have to put a deposit and then find out in a few months the flight schedule and have that date not work.  But I would feel better about having a date secured with her.  Hmm what to do. Maybe I will send her an email asking if we can tentitively book the date and I will let her know as soon as we get the flight schedule if it will work or we will have to change it. 

erindegagne-yay! another Jan 2012 bride!  I see your wedding date is a friday....what day are you planning on flying there? 

Hello Ladies!

I'm new here and so excited about being a GBP bride! We booked on Christmas Eve and will be getting married November 10th 2011woot.gif

Jay Kay- it is possible to tentatively book a date. Hubby to be and I went back and forth with dates for a week or so and Beverly was very understanding. Beverly did not ask us for a deposit, but when we booked we paid a small deposit through our TA to confirm the date and packagel. I hope this helps.

We are still undecided on photographer and menu choices, but we have loads of time I guess.

Looking forward to more reading and sharing our progress with you all!

Ams

JayKay- She did not ask us for a deposit...she told us that we pay when we get there.... which I am leary of, considering there are the stories (much like the one on this thread, I believe) where couples were told that because they didn't put in a  deposit, certain things weren't available....

so... I'm keeping my emails...but we are getting really close now (leaving Jan. 28th 2011!!) * fingers crossed*

I've said it once and I'll say it again, as soon as you and your guests have got your group rate and put down deposits on your flights and vacations MAKE SURE you pay a deposit. FI and I got screwed with a double booking and because the other couple had paid a deposit already we were left out in the dust. In the end we're still having the wedding that day and it will be at 6:00, which is great (we refused 1:00 in the afternoon), since there will be 2 weddings in one day we get second choice on a LOT. OTHERWISE, welcome new brides :)! Great to have you!!

Thanks for all the information!  Beverly has been really quick to get back to me, which really suprised me.  I think we have a date where the time we want is available so I'm hoping to book that as soon as I hear back from her!  Its exciting!