Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Hi Brides!

I'm getting married July 30, 2010 at Gran Bahia! Ladies, thanks soooo much for all the valuable info that you have provided. At first I was nervous about choosing this resort, but now I feel confident in my choice. Kerri thanks sooo much for posting your pics. Everything looked soo beautiful on your special day! Best of Luck to Everyone! Be sure to post pics after your big day and I will be sure to do the same.

Jmarie

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to share some info. about the photographer that I am using for my big day. Her name is Misha Earle and she has been very accomadating with everything. We are spending 2500.00 total but she has other packages available and she will work with you on pricing. We are getting 10 hours of shooting time and the time can be split into 2 days which we are doing. We are doing a trash the dress session the next day, but we are not sure what location we are going to use. The package also includes a DVD slide show with all your images set to the music of your choice. If you want to contact her, her email address is mishaearle@gmail.com. Again, she has been very helpful with everything and she responds very quickly to emails. Hope this helps anyone who is still looking for a photographer. You can also look at her website mishaearlephotography.com!

I have a question about the decorations.

Does it matter what package you pick to get the chair covers? And its free? Seems weird they'd give them for free, but on the forms I was sent from the WC, it showed a charge schedule for them.....

I won't be able to afford $2500 on a photographer, so I'm going to have to go wit hthe resort one, and one of my guests is a photographer so I"m hoping she'll just take really nice pictures, hahaha, I know it sounds cheap but I can't see any way of fitting that huge of a number into the budget.....

So I've just returned from our wedding at GBP and this place is absolutely amazing! I am so sad that it's over because I would go back and do it again in a heartbeat! Beverly, the WC, is amazing and an absolute sweetheart! She took care of everything for us! The day couldn't have been more perfect and it's all thanks to her! We had a beautiful, sunny day and she was there with us every step of the way. We had our supper at the Grill Restaurant & the food was delicious! Everyone loved it! We also decided on the reception in the Gazebo where we got married and I would highly recommend that! It is definitely worth it! We brought all of our own music and had the place rockin'! All of our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever attended. I will recommend bringing your own photographer if possible. We didn't do that but luckily we had a few friends with professional cameras. I would have been rather upset if we didn't as the resort photographer didn't show up until the ceremony was over and then he only spent maybe a half hour with us! Luckily we also had a friend with a video camera who captured all our special moments. This resort is absolutely beautiful & spotless! Our room was overlooking the pool & the ocean as were most of our wedding guests' rooms. We couldn't have gotten better treatment! All in all, I would recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for a place to get married! I was so sad to leave it & cannot wait to return for our anniversary. Good Luck to all you future GBP brides! You are in for a treat!

Hey Sunchick,

Did you have a bar at the beach gazebo for the reception?? I am just wondering b/c we havent decided what to do yet, and I'm trying to way the pros and cons....basically $ vs. convenience....was the resort bar close enough to the gazebo that my guest could walk to it and I would not have to hire a bartender to be stationed at the gazebo??

Thanks!!