Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

Hi Girls, just got done reading every single post on here! I had been considering Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, but I think its more than I want to ask my guests to pay. I also wasn't thrilled with any of their ceremony/reception sites. But I read about renting out the gazebo on the beach and that is exactly what I want!!! Definitately a game changer for me :) Can't wait to read more reviews from you lovely ladies, thanks for sharing all of your info!!

Does anyone have any info about menus? What all is included in the free wedding package (does that package have another name on their site?) I can't find any info on it. How's the beach at the resort? Does anyone know if you can go snorkeling? Ok enough questions for now.

Kerri...can't wait to see pics from your wedding!!!!! It sounds fantastic and your review is making it even harder for me to pick a resort! haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephAli View Post
Hey Kerrij,

CONGRATS!!!! I love the picture of you are your husband!!cheesy.gif

I was just wondering if you could tell me how far the bar is from the beach gazebo??
Thanks Steph!! the bar is FAR! DEF need to hire the bartender...or something i didn't think of...buy some bottles of booze and see if you can get some jugs of juice or pop...everyone LOOOVED the dance at the gazebo. I originally thought the dance would be on the sand and was so excited to dance barefoot, but the sand around the gazebo is the rocky manmade stuff you'll hear about on Trip Advisor.. but the dance in the gazebo was the PERFECT spot..and absolutely perfect for throwing the bouqet cause you are up slightly higher and perfect for the garter, cause then everyone can see...notice my picture :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinak82 View Post
Hi Kerrij,

does that separate room also hold more than 50 people? We expect about 60-70 people.
Did you have to pay those $2500 for that room?
Nope, didn't pay for that $2500 room! i don't even know where that would be. But we had 50, and there was still room to put at least one more table in there, so prob another 20 could easily fit in there and not be over crowded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanabr View Post
Hi Girls, just got done reading every single post on here! I had been considering Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, but I think its more than I want to ask my guests to pay. I also wasn't thrilled with any of their ceremony/reception sites. But I read about renting out the gazebo on the beach and that is exactly what I want!!! Definitately a game changer for me :) Can't wait to read more reviews from you lovely ladies, thanks for sharing all of your info!!

Does anyone have any info about menus? What all is included in the free wedding package (does that package have another name on their site?) I can't find any info on it. How's the beach at the resort? Does anyone know if you can go snorkeling? Ok enough questions for now.

Kerri...can't wait to see pics from your wedding!!!!! It sounds fantastic and your review is making it even harder for me to pick a resort! haha.
I HIGHLY recommend GBP!! I've been to 2 other beach weddings, and saw about 2 a day on on honeymoon in Negril, and absolutely no where compares to the setting and privacy that the gazebo has at GBP. you are completely alone with your guests. no half naked or topless people sitting near you on your wedding day. it was magical!
Menus - excellent choices! we were given 3 choices, and it was 3 courses each (maybe 4, i forget) they were all great choices, and if you have people with allergies you just tell Beverly the WC and she'll let the chefs know! she actually let me pick my own meal cause she liked me so much! hahah :)
Free Wedding Package - apparently its not available anymore unless you booked your wedding prior to Nov (i think that's the month they quit the free)
Beach - the bay directly in front of the resort it quite, nice to swim and snorkle but the sand is rockier. the bay off to the side (which is still the hotels property, and a private beach which is a huge bonus) is amazing! the very first part of the beach by the snack shack is a little harder but still sandy, and the farther down the beach the more lush the sand gets! we spent most of our days down the beach by the beach bar!
Snorkling - at the resort, yes. i didn't have time to do it. but i'm told there is decent snorkling off the beach. but like anywhere to get the goooood stuff, you need a boat!

The resort itself was incredible! you will read lots of negative reviews on TA which scared me, but since i knew 4 other couples to have stayed there with all great things to say, i just ignored the bad reviews. it's big, but not massive. there are so many places to eat. lots of places to drink. if you have a fun crowd you will have an absolute blast like we did! 50 people and every single person said it was the BEST trip they've ever been on and the best wedding they've been to, and definitely would go back to that resort. Huge bonus about jamaica, is you can drink their water!!! yay!!

Hope I covered as many Qs as i could! good luck Brides!

Kerrij (i should change that to kerrim! lol)

Hey ladies! I just emailed Beverly for info, so excited to hear back from her!

Kerrij or anyone else who might know - I read that they only serve alcohol until 11pm...then you have to go to the disco at Pueblo Principe, but it says they only serve soda. Do you have to pay extra after 11 to get a drink? And do the rest of the bars really close at 11? Knowing my friends they will be out until the early hrs of the morning and that really stinks if you have to pay for drinks after a certain time! Hopefully I am completely misreading this!

Thanks! Hope everyone had a nice Easter holiday! :)

Quote:
Thanks so much for all the info, I think that's the best, most detailed answer I've ever gotten on here! :) You're the best! Now...to convince the FI and rents!
hehehe thanks! sure helps when someone is willing to give alllll the info!

Quote:
Hey ladies! I just emailed Beverly for info, so excited to hear back from her!

Kerrij or anyone else who might know - I read that they only serve alcohol until 11pm...then you have to go to the disco at Pueblo Principe, but it says they only serve soda. Do you have to pay extra after 11 to get a drink? And do the rest of the bars really close at 11? Knowing my friends they will be out until the early hrs of the morning and that really stinks if you have to pay for drinks after a certain time! Hopefully I am completely misreading this!

Thanks! Hope everyone had a nice Easter holiday! :)
I don't know where you would have read that but it's not true :) yay!
the disco has free booze all night. the Sports bar and karaoke bar also have free booze. not sure what time they are open until, but late anyway! pretty much none of us spent any time in the disco...its pretty crappy. it's reallllly dark and dingy and the music isn't very good. it just feels like black warehouse. we were usually at the sports bar or karaoke, which are all like 40ft from eachother. tons of fun!
the only thing we paid for on the resort was the Jamaica Patties which are sooo good! only $2 in one of the stores at Pueblo Principe. everything else is free for food and booze :)

Ok another question for you Kerrij :)

If you wouldn't mind sharing (or pm'ing it to me) could you tell me how much your total wedding cost and what all it included? I was reading some sort of scary stuff on here from about a year ago and the prices sounded crazy!

Thanks!!!!!

Im so glad that there are more GBP Runaway Bay brides out there! I just sent an email to weddingplannerbpjam@bahia-principe.com (I hope this is the correct email address) at the beginning of the week. Im hoping that someone can tell me which dates/times are available for our ceremony.

We are booked for the week of Jan 29th - Feb 5th 2011

It feels more real to me now...Its really happening!!!

kerrij, what was your experience like dealing with the WC there? Did she get back to you fairly quickly? Was she informative about wedding package options/pricinghuh.gif