Photo

Group bookings - question for TAs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chevy14

chevy14
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

We have just been told our tentative flight times for our DW in April and they aren't so good. We don't fly out until 6pm, arriving at our destination at 9:30pm. Not only is it disappointing to know that we won't be settled into our rooms until after 11pm, but it also poses a problem for our wedding, as we won't have been in the country for the required 72 hours.
    We know for a fact that our tour operator has a flight to our destination at 7:15am on the same day, which is what we had requested when we booked 4 months ago.
    So my question is, why would they have placed our group on this 6pm flight? How is it decided? My TA told me she would have to go talk to her groups coordinator to see what could be done but it didn't sound too promising...is there anything I can do to push for the early flight?

#2 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
    • 546 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

That flight might already be full. Those 7 am flights go like hotcakes once they're opened up and you may have another wedding that held spots on that flight. For example, I paid $2100 to hold 40 spots on a 7 am flight for my wedding guests. Your 7 am flight may not be available due to someone else "holding" those seats.

#3 sarafish81

sarafish81
      • 353 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

Can I ask who you're using as your TA? We had a similar problem with our TA...numerous problems actually, and they were a company out east.

#4 chevy14

chevy14
        • 183 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:32 PM

We booked with TripCentral and I have to admit, I would not do so again if I could go back...we've had plenty of issues with them as well...

#5 sarafish81

sarafish81
          • 353 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

Not the same one we used....if it was the same company I would have to tell you to get the away from them!

I'm sorry you're dealing with this and I hope you can find the answers you are looking for. It's very frustrating to deal with this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users