Jump to content


My lisence expires 5 days after we get back

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stina4242

  • Newbie
  • 76 posts

    Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

    I was wondering how long it took to get your information changed at the social security office before you can go to the DMV.
    I wuold hate to get a new lisence before the trip just to have to get another one a few weeks later!
    Any advice, can you call the social security office?

    #2 Outdoor_girl1010

    • Member
    • 657 posts

      Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:32 PM

      Here in Houston. You go to the SS office pull a number wait for your turn and give them the supporting doc's to have your name changed. They will give you a temp ss card, well its really just a paper. That will serve as your SS card till your new card comes in the mail. As long as you have that paper, you can go to the DMV and get your license changed too.
      Cory & Jennifer
      March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

      #3 Stina4242

      • Newbie
      • 76 posts

        Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:48 PM

        Awesome, thanks!!!! If I don't have to wait for something to be mailed to me that would be great. I will try and call them tomorrow.

        0 user(s) are reading this topic

        0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users