Tulum March 2010 - Ocho

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sperryman

sperryman
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:20 PM

Hello -

We are getting married in March in Tulum and was hoping to get some advice.

1) We are using a buotique hotel and I wanted to make sure I am not getting ripped off for food and room discounts. Does 15% sound about right?

2) Are you using a hair/make up artist in Tulum?

3) Are you arranging for and paying for transportation if it's NOT included in price since we are not using an all inclusive resort?

If there is anyone out there getting married in Tulum this March I would love to hear from you! Especially if you've had experience with Aki'in Beach Club or Ocho!

#2 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hi Sperry -
      I work in Tulum a lot. A 15% discount on room an food is a pretty good deal. Sometimes you can get a 20% discount on room alone, but if you are getting the discount on food I think it evens out.

I'm doing hair trials at two hairstylists in town in mid-November. I'll be posting pictures an reviews when I am finished.

I usually split ground transporation between guests using the service. I like to book a few shuttles, rental cars, and bicycles.

#3 sperryman

sperryman
      • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:43 PM

Do you have any pics of some of our hair styles and could I also get the prices? I would need for the Friday night rehearsal dinner and wedding.

#4 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
        • 600 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

I have a few photos, but they are rather old. I'll make sure to post new photos an prices.

#5 lisa_k

lisa_k
          • 113 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

Hi! I'm getting married in Tulum in February 2010 at Ana y Jose. Our weddings are pretty close to each other's!

1 - We were not offered any discounts, so 15% sounds really good to me!
            2 - I am heading to Tulum this weekend for a site visit and hair trial. I can send you a pic after. I'm not getting my makeup done though.
            3 - We are helping to coordinate transportation in shuttles to/from the airport, but we are not paying for it. Our travel agent is helping to coordinate. We are going to have transportation that goes up and down the beach road for our events, since we have guests at a few different hotels. That we will pay for.

Good luck with your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users