Photo

cute restaurant for reception in Cabo??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Michaelene

Michaelene
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

I am getting married at the Pueblo Bonito Rose on April 1, 2010 and would like to have dinner at a cute restaurant afterward. I am looking for either seafood or somewhere with some real authentic mexican food. We will have between 30-40 people with us so it will need to be able to accommodate all of us. Thanks so much for any help you may provide!!

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

There is a cute Mexican restaurant off the beaten path called Missiones de Kino - it has really good seafood as well.

#3 Patti

Patti
      • 555 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:36 AM

I've eaten at MiCasa for mexican and thought it was really good.

#4 adevilbi

adevilbi
        • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

The restaurant in Hotel Casa Natalia (San Jose) is wonderful, but that might be a ways from you all.
          Ashley D.

#5 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
          • 381 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:13 AM

I second the vote for Mi Casa! We love the atmosphere and food there!

#6 Michaelene

Michaelene
            • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

I checked into MiCasa and had them email me a menu for a large group and prices started at $39 pp w/o tax...is this a reasonable price in cabo? It seems high but I have never been to cabo before either. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have put in calls/emails to the other recommendations as well.

#7 shiplandsafish

shiplandsafish
              • 19 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:52 PM

I personally think that's a little high, but they are a higher end restaurant. You need to keep in mind where it is - you most likely will need transportation there. Other options for big groups are: Panchos (they have a private room) and the Medano Beach Club. I would do a little more research as I'm sure you can get more competitive pricing from other restaurants.

#8 Floreria Rayen

Floreria Rayen
                • 39 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Michaelene
                  I am getting married at the Pueblo Bonito Rose on April 1, 2010 and would like to have dinner at a cute restaurant afterward. I am looking for either seafood or somewhere with some real authentic mexican food. We will have between 30-40 people with us so it will need to be able to accommodate all of us. Thanks so much for any help you may provide!!
                  For authentic Mexican food in Cabo try "La Fonda". It's not very big, but ifg you book it with time you might get a good deal. Besides the decor is so nice, you will have a beutiful background for pictures. It's not in the touristic area, but all the taxi drivers know how to get there. I've been living here for over 10 years and is one of my personal favorites. Tip: ask for the elote flan, it's delicious!!!

La Fonda Restaurant - Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico

#9 CrazyDaisy

CrazyDaisy
                  • 20 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

I think La Fonda might fit your needs... they have authentic Mexican food, and very affordable prices. They have enough space to allocate the 30-40 guests you have.
                    Daisy and Jon
                    December 1st, 2009
                    Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, BCS
                    MEXICO [/CENTER]

#10 danalovesdave

danalovesdave
                    • 26 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

I had my rehersal dinner last January at Misseones De Kino--If you like, I could PM you their menu and prices--all very reasonable and the atmosphere was wonderful. We had a blast.

I had my wedding reception at Puerto Vieja and it was amazing--the views were excellent, we had fish/lobster/and steak and it was all so fresh and amazingly affordable. It's right outside of town, so you'd have to arrange transportation. I can also PM you photos/menu items too if you like.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users