• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

YAY Glad everything went really well! Great review and thanks for posting

#12 KarenM

KarenM
    • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

Congratulations Bev! Glad you had such a wonderful time! But, where are the pics? :)

#13 browndog

browndog
      • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:36 PM

Congratulations, I'm so glad everything went well. We're heading down to BRB in a few weeks for the big day on November 28.

I hope you don't mind, but I have a couple of questions:

Was there a reason you had your own photograher and did they charge you the extra $1,000? Right now we have requested Crazy J at the resort but are looking at a few other options as well.

Did you write your one vows or did you use the hotel's version. I asked Keisha for a copy but have not received as of yet. I would really like to get my hands on a copy before we head down.

Did you need to take original documents with you?

Do men have to wear closed toe shoes at Pastafari? There are only 8 of us going and we're having our reception dinner there.

Again, thank you and I wish you all the best. I may have a few other questions to clrify some of the smaller details.

#14 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
        • 516 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by browndog
          Congratulations, I'm so glad everything went well. We're heading down to BRB in a few weeks for the big day on November 28.

I hope you don't mind, but I have a couple of questions:

Was there a reason you had your own photograher and did they charge you the extra $1,000? Right now we have requested Crazy J at the resort but are looking at a few other options as well.

Crazy J is great and takes some great shots. You will always know where he is on the resort because he make this bird call noise. :) We honestly did it because it was the only thing we were really splurging on and the cost for pictures through the resort was ridiculous. Although I know he is known for working with you under the table. My "Aunt and Uncle" joined us and photographed us as their gift. No $1000 charge.

Did you write your one vows or did you use the hotel's version. I asked Keisha for a copy but have not received as of yet. I would really like to get my hands on a copy before we head down.

I tried to get a copy before hand too, but was unable. We used theirs and had no issues with it. It was a very sweet, very simple ceremony, and the reverend was very sweet and played our silly games of laughing through parts with us. Especially when my entire wedding group put on flamingo sunglasses. We gave him some too.

Did you need to take original documents with you?

Yes, but didn't need them

Do men have to wear closed toe shoes at Pastafari? There are only 8 of us going and we're having our reception dinner there.

It is listed as closed toe for Pastafari but we were both there dressed nice but in nice sandals and there was no mention.

Again, thank you and I wish you all the best. I may have a few other questions to clrify some of the smaller details.
          I answered within. Hope this helps. Have a great time.

#15 browndog

browndog
          • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

Thanks BudgetJamaicabride, I'll stay in touch.

#16 Geralyn

Geralyn
            • 2,677 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

Congrats Mrs!!!

#17 A2Bride

A2Bride
              • 676 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

Congrats again! I am curious of 2 things...

1. Where are your pics girl?!? :-)

2. Did you get married at the gazebo or on the beach? we are getting married on the beach and wondering about decorations. Either way, did you bring decorations or did you have Elsie do something for you?

Thanks...

#18 KJT1985

KJT1985
                • 694 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

YAHOO! What about the circus workshop? haha I want to get on that thing with my dress (no stunts though, I don't want to risk it) I can't wait! All our guests are getting soooo excited!

#19 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
                  • 516 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

The trapeze is awesome. They hook you into a safety cording and they help keep you swinging. So doing the basic tricks is possible. I love the idea of getting pictures of you in your wedding dress on the trapeze. That rocks!

#20 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
                    • 516 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

By the way, one of my photographers was 8 months pregnant at the wedding and has since had a beautiful baby girl! So I am being patient for my full pics. But there are finally some teasers in 3 posts on their blog. welcome dinner, golf outing, and wedding day.

http://wiselynjournal.com

Check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users