Sign in to follow this  
Hollie_Amber89

Best time of year to visit DR?

I'd say it depends on your price range!

But I'm partial to the Dreams chain. They have fantastic 5* service, BEEEEUTIFUL rooms (all of them), great food, no reservations for any of the a la cartes, no annoying wristbands (which can ruin a wedding picture) and all of this for very reasonable prices! Check them out and pm me if you have any questions. I have been to all the Dreams resorts in Dominican Republic so I can share my experiences.

Hey ladies. Very sorry to bump a thread but I didn't want to start a new one on a similar topic.

I have been looking at a May wedding. However, there's really not much stopping us from doing it in April instead. I want to go during a month when the weather is not prime (and thus, skyhigh) but not rainy/hot either (late summer).

Would there be a big different in price between April and May? What about weather?

We are getting married at the end of June for reasons already mentioned -- we have teachers in our family, and also it is still before hurricaine season!! The weather is supposed to be great, and I have never been on a caribbean vacation where there wasn't a little rain (5-10 minutes at night to cool down the temperature). It's expected, and I would not stress too much about the time of year.

I'm actually going there in 3 weeks!! I heard the weather is wonderful!

We are getting married at the Bavaro Princess as were were at their other location in Riviara Mya Mexico 2 yrs ago and loved it. Although I was first sold on Dream (Beautiful) and also the RIU. Both were beautiful but the overall cost was a little pricier than what we had in mind for our guests.

All-in-all I believe it will be wonderful:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haskinl View Post
I'm actually going there in 3 weeks!! I heard the weather is wonderful!
We are getting married at the Bavaro Princess as were were at their other location in Riviara Mya Mexico 2 yrs ago and loved it. Although I was first sold on Dream (Beautiful) and also the RIU. Both were beautiful but the overall cost was a little pricier than what we had in mind for our guests.
All-in-all I believe it will be wonderful:)
Please let me know how it is! I'm getting married at the Bavaro Princess in April! I also was sold on the dream resort but it was too pricey for guests. I never see anyone on here that gets married there! Good luck I hope everything is perfect : )

hello!

My fiance and I were planning on a November 2010 wedding in the DR. Does anyone know if it is a risky month to book a wedding?

Also, anyone have travel agents to recommend for Toronto area? (we are coordinating from Vancouver but Toronto is where most of our family/guests will be flying out of) Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ives View Post
hello!
My fiance and I were planning on a November 2010 wedding in the DR. Does anyone know if it is a risky month to book a wedding?
Also, anyone have travel agents to recommend for Toronto area? (we are coordinating from Vancouver but Toronto is where most of our family/guests will be flying out of) Thanks in advance!
Hey ives, lemme know if you do find a Toronto travel agent that's good for DWs. I'm in Toronto, too and looking. wink.gif

This article talks about best time to visit DR and that October is the "best bang for your buck" Take a look!

Best Time to Visit Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: High and Low Season for Travel and Vacations | ShermansTravel.com

I am sure October is the best bang for your buck because that is the heart of hurricane season. No one knows when or how many hurricanes we will get a seasons. I might lower your guest number, because people could be worried about traveling down there during that time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor_girl1010 View Post
I am sure October is the best bang for your buck because that is the heart of hurricane season. No one knows when or how many hurricanes we will get a seasons. I might lower your guest number, because people could be worried about traveling down there during that time!
Actually, according to the website October is the best bang for your buck because while it's considered within hurricane season, it is actually at the end of it. I wouldn't consider it bang for your buck if hurricane risk is at its highest. That would just be getting what you paid for. wink.gif

Well I guess that is true if you go at the end of Oct. I live in Houston, Texas and all the Major storms that hit us and areas around us are at the end of Sept. So if there is any damage they might not be to fit or repair the damage that fast. Ike hit Houston on Sept 13 and we were with out power in my area for 10 days. Thats just the power. I wouldn't run the risk, but alot of people do. Hurricanes were one stress I didn't want to have because noone knows when or where they are going to hit and can change at a drop of a dime.